Product › Details
|Next higher product group||antibody cancer drug_o|
|Status||2011-09-19 development pc existent|
Glycotope GmbH. (9/19/11). "Press Release: Glycotope Enrolls First Patients in Phase I Trial with TrasGEX, a Glycooptimized HER2 Biobetter Antibody". Berlin.
Glycotope GmbH, a leading company in the field of glycomics, announced today the enrollment of the first patients in a phase I dose finding trial to evaluate safety and tolerability of TrasGEX™. TrasGEX™ is a biobetter of the marketed Trastuzumab / Herceptin™ targeting the HER2-receptor, commonly overexpressed in a variety of cancers. TrasGEX™ has been glycooptimized to yield a manifold higher anti-tumor activity and is supposed to be suitable for the treatment of an enlarged patient spectrum. It was developed using GlycoExpress™, the company's development and production platform based on glycoengineered human cell lines for biopharmaceuticals with fully human and optimized glycosylation.
"We are delighted to see our 4th glycooptimized biopharmaceutical product in clinical trials", says Dr. Steffen Goletz, CEO, CSO and Founder of Glycotope. "After CetuGEX™ and PankoMab-GEX™, TrasGEX is our 3rd anti-cancer antibody which entered clinical trials in time. GlycoExpress has been proven to be the broadest glycooptimization technology not only for antibodies but also for most other glycoproteins. Our glycooptimized Follicle-Stimulating Hormone FSH-GEX™ has already completed clinical phase Ia with very exciting results. Currently we are advancing a broad range of pre-clinical products in various therapeutic areas".
GLYCOTOPE, founded in 2001 in Berlin, focuses on the optimization and humanization of therapeutically relevant sugar structures on biopharmaceuticals known as glycosylation and on the development of innovative antibodies targeting glycostructures on cell surfaces. Biologics developed in Glycotope´s GlycoExpress™ technology of glycoengineered human cell lines receive a fully human and optimized glycosylation, leading to a largely improved activity, an elongated half-life time and/or reduced immunogenicity and hence important therapeutic benefits for a significantly increased number of patients. In addition, the GlycoExpress platform is superior in productions yields, product quality and reproducibility compared to other production platforms.
Glycotope´s product portfolio now encompasses a variety of antibodies and non-antibody biologics, 4 of which are currently in the clinical stage. This pipeline includes antibodies against novel targets for cancer therapy (e.g. GT-MAB 2.5-GEX™) and significantly improved versions of antibodies as well as other already marketed therapeutic proteins, so called Biobetters.
Together with Glycotope-Biotechnology in Heidelberg, Glycotope evolved into a leading integrated glycobiology company, covering all phases in drug development such as lead discovery and optimization, preclinical and process development, GMP production and clinical development. With more than 140 employees, the group has grown to one of the largest Biotech organizations in Germany.
Dr. Franzpeter Bracht
Chief Financial & Business Officer
Tel. +49 (0)30 94 89-2600
Fax: +49 (0)30 94 89-2609
Record changed: 2013-10-19
More documents for antibody cancer drug
-  Ganymed Pharmaceuticals AG. (2/12/14). "Press Release: Ganymed’s IMAB027 Enters Phase I/II Clinical Trial for Ovarian Cancer". Mainz....
-  Wilex AG. (1/29/14). "Press Release: Wilex AG Plans Extensive Cost-cutting Measures. Focus on Contract Research and ADC Technology". Munich....
-  Apeiron Biologics AG. (1/9/14). "Press Release: Apeiron Signs Regional License Agreements for the Commercialization of Its Neuroblastoma Therapy". Vienna....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/10/13). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces Additional Clinical Trial of MOR208. Phase 2 Study in CLL Will Evaluate MOR208 in Combination with Lenalidomide"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/3/13). "Press Release: MorphoSys Strengthens European Patent Position on anti-CD19 Cancer Program MOR208"....
-  Ganymed Pharmaceuticals AG. (11/18/13). "Press Release: Ganymed Pharmaceuticals Closes EUR 45 Million Financing Round". Mainz....
-  Wilex AG. (11/7/13). "Press Release: Wilex Regains US Rights for Rencarex from Prometheus". Munich....
-  MorphoSys AG. (10/22/13). "Press Release: MorphoSys Strenghtens Patent Position on anti-CD19 Cancer Program MOR208"....
-  Ganymed Pharmaceuticals AG. (10/21/13). "Press Release: Ganymed’s IMAB362 Receives Orphan Drug Designation from FDA and EMA for Pancreatic Cancer". Mainz....
-  Glycotope GmbH. (10/16/13). "Press Release: Glycotope Reported Promising First-in-Man Data of Novel Glycooptimized Monoclonal Anti-TA-MUC1 Antibody PankoMab-GEX". Berlin....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)