Person › Details
Nasri G. Nahas (Spinomix S.A.)
Nahas, Nasri G. (Spinomix 201506 CEO before GeneBio CEO)
|Former/major organisation||Geneva Bioinformatics S.A. (GeneBio)|
|Product||sample preparation (technology)|
|Product 2||bioinformatics (biological software and databases)|
Debiopharm International SA. (6/16/15). "Press Release: Debiopharm International SA Acquires FibroTrap Sample Processing Technology from Spinomix". Lausanne.
> Applicable to a wide variety of sample types to isolate bacteria, viruses, tumor cells, etc.
> FibroTrap improves sensitivity and shortens time taken from sample collection to results
> Spinomix to focus on the development of its flagship MagPhase technology
Debiopharm International SA (Debiopharm), part of Debiopharm Group™, a Swiss-based global biopharmaceutical company, and Spinomix, a Swiss technology platform company providing innovative sample processing solutions to the life sciences sector, today announced the acquisition by Debiopharm of Spinomix' FibroTrap sample processing technology. Commercial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
FibroTrap is a fibrinogen-based technology allowing the highly specific separation and efficient concentration of target molecules from liquid samples within a simple, routine sample-collection tube. This technology greatly simplifies the sample processing workflow, improves sensitivity and significantly shortens the time taken from sample collection to delivery of results. FibroTrap is applicable to a wide variety of matrices (blood, urine, swabs, food, etc.) to isolate a large spectrum of targets (bacteria, viruses, tumor cells, etc.) and hence could provide a breakthrough in sample processing applied to clinical diagnostics and the food industry.
"This agreement reflects our long-held strategy to develop our technologies to a certain maturity before finding the best commercialization partner," stated Heiner Dreismann, Chairman of the Board. "We are delighted to have transferred FibroTrap to Debiopharm who will as of now continue with the development of FibroTrap technology, take it to market and realize its full potential in many different applications."
"We are enthusiastic about continuing the development of this potentially revolutionary sample preparation technology. This acquisition is in line with our continuing investment in cutting-edge diagnostic technologies and particularly with our interest in rapid diagnostics for efficient use of anti-infective agents," added Thierry Mauvernay, Delegate of the Board of Debiopharm Group.
"The team at Spinomix is very proud to have developed this novel technology which will greatly improve the sensitivity and time taken for diagnosing samples by doctors and laboratories. This will undoubtedly pave the way to a new era in molecular diagnostics in which patients will benefit enormously from an enhanced process," said Nasri Nahas, Chief Executive Officer. "Spinomix is very pleased to have this technology now under Debiopharm's solid product development expertise, allowing Spinomix to focus on commercializing its flagship sample processing technology MagPhase that we continue to validate in partnership with key players in research and industry."
About Spinomix SA
Spinomix is a Swiss technology platform company providing innovative sample processing solutions to the life sciences sector. Based at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), the company is building the new gold standard for sample processing of biochemical substances. Its products capture and extract samples at a quality and efficiency far superior to current practice, thus enabling more efficient diagnostics. The company's main focus is on applications which are critical for treatment decisions in a variety of human diseases.
Spinomix' products MagPhase™ and FibroTrap™ improve the sensitivity and time taken to obtain meaningful results from samples that are highly heterogeneous and notoriously difficult to analyze (e.g. blood, urine, swabs and food matrices). The company development strategy is to conduct validation programmers of these products with key market players in research and industry with the goal of developing partnerships for their commercialization.
Further information is available at our website www.spinomix.com
About Debiopharm International SA
Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-based global biopharmaceutical group of four companies active in drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostics, and investments. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses, develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For more information, please visit www.debiopharm.com
We are on Twitter. Follow us @DebiopharmNews at http://twitter.com/DebiopharmNews
Debiopharm International SA Contact
Tel: +41 (0)21 321 01 11
Contact Spinomix SA
Tel: +41 (0)21 693 92
Cabinet Privé de Conseils
Tel: +41 (0)22 321 45 40
Tel: +41 (0)79 678 76 26
Communications Strategy Group
Cambridge, Mass, USA
Tel: +1(0) 781 631 3117
Tel: +1(0) 781 888 0099
Additional Media Contacts
Tel: +44 (0)20 7395 0444
In New York
Russo Partners, LLC
Tel: +1(0) 212-845-4253
Record changed: 2015-06-22
More documents for Nasri G. Nahas
-  Debiopharm International SA. (6/16/15). "Press Release: Debiopharm International SA Acquires FibroTrap Sample Processing Technology from Spinomix". Lausanne....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (2/12/13). "Press Release: The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, GeneBio and Quartz Bio Unveil a Collaboration on MegaClust"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/11). "Press Release: SIB and GeneBio Launch neXtProt – Human Proteins Knowledge Platform"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (6/9/11). Web Site: Our Partners. [http://www.genebio.com, 06/09/11]...
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (9/29/10). "Press Release: BBGes Developing Accurate Mass LC-MSMS Spectra Library of Drugs with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/24/10). "Press Release: Prof. Hans H. Maurer Annotating New LC-MS Library of Drugs, Poisons and Their Metabolites with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/10). "Press Release: HUG Choose SmileMS for Emergency Clinical Toxicology Screening". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (10/28/08). "Press Release: GeneBio and Proxeon Sign Agreement for Phenyx and ProteinCenter". Geneva & Odense....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (9/16/08). "Press Release: GeneBio Launches SmileMS 0.9 at Swiss MedLab International Congress". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (08/18/08). "Press Release: GeneBio’s Expanded Phenyx Platform Debuts at HUPO 2008". Geneva....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)