Person › Details
Susan Jane Herbert (Merck Serono (division of Merck KGaA))
Herbert, Susan Jane (Merck (DE) 201109 Head Global Portfolio Development at Merck Serono)
|Organisation||Merck Serono (division of Merck KGaA)|
|Group||Merck (DE) (Group)|
Merck KGaA. (9/19/11). "Press Release: Merck KGaA Acquires Rights to PI-2301 Program for Multiple Sclerosis". Darmstadt.
Merck announced today that it has acquired worldwide exclusive rights to PI-2301, an experimental drug for multiple sclerosis, previously developed by Peptimmune Inc. PI-2301 has completed Phase 1b in multiple sclerosis and is ready to initiate phase 2 clinical trials.
"Over the years we have continuously worked on developing innovative treatment options that meet the individual needs of people living with multiple sclerosis," said Susan Herbert, Head of Global Portfolio Development at the Merck Serono division. "We are pleased to strengthen our development pipeline with the PI-2301 compound, which could play a valuable role in the treatment of this debilitating disease."
The acquisition of PI-2301 covers its worldwide exclusive development and commercialization rights.
PI-2301 is a second-generation peptide copolymer that is thought to enhance the regulatory response of the immune system. Merck will investigate the application of this product in autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis.
About multiple sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic, inflammatory condition of the central nervous system and is the most common, non-traumatic, disabling neurological disease in young adults. It is estimated that approximately two million people have MS worldwide. While symptoms can vary, the most common symptoms of MS include blurred vision, numbness or tingling in the limbs and problems with strength and coordination. The relapsing forms of MS are the most common.
About Merck Serono and multiple sclerosis
Merck Serono is a leader in multiple sclerosis (MS) with Rebif® (interferon beta-1a), a disease-modifying drug used to treat relapsing forms of MS, which is registered in more than 80 countries worldwide. Full prescribing information for this product can be obtained by contacting the Company or visiting its website. Additional therapeutic options are currently under development at Merck Serono, including several products in early stage development. Merck Serono is also taking a leading role in developing an understanding of the role of genetics in MS.
All Merck Press Releases are distributed by e-mail at the same time they become available on the Merck Website. Please go to http://www.merck.de/subscribe to register online, change your selection or discontinue this service.
Merck is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with total revenues of € 9.3 billion in 2010, a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by more than 40,000 employees in 67 countries. Its success is characterized by innovations from entrepreneurial employees. Merck's operating activities come under the umbrella of Merck KGaA, in which the Merck family holds an approximately 70% interest and free shareholders own the remaining approximately 30%. In 1917 the U.S. subsidiary Merck & Co. was expropriated and has been an independent company ever since.
Record changed: 2015-03-12
More documents for Susan Jane Herbert
-  Merck KGaA. (3/10/15). "Press Release: Merck Serono and Illumina Enter Strategic Collaboration for Diagnostics in Oncology". Darmstadt....
-  Merck Serono. (11/13/13). "Press Release: Merck Enters into Further Global Co-development and Commercialization Agreement for PARP Inhibitor with Chinese R&D Company BeiGene". Darmstadt....
-  Merck Serono. (10/31/13). "Press Release: Merck Serono Announces Five-year Strategic Partnership with the Lead Disovery Center". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (5/31/13). "Press Release: Merck Enters into Global Co-development and Commercialization Agreement with Chinese R&D Company BeiGene on Second-generation BRAF Inhibitor". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (3/18/13). "Press Release: Merck Announces Collaboration with Nordic Bioscience for Sprifermin in Osteoarhtritis of the Knee". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (2/5/13). "Press Release: Merck and Opexa Therapeutics Enter into Option and License Agreement for Development of Tcelna (imilecleucel-T) for Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis". Darmstadt....
-  Compugen Ltd.. (6/25/12). "Press Release: Compugen and Merck Serono Ventures to Jointly Establish New Biomarker Company Neviah Genomics Ltd. – Neviah Genomics Ltd. to focus on the discovery and development of novel biomarkers for drug toxicity". Geneva &...
-  Merck KGaA. (2/3/12). "Press Release: Merck and Threshold Announce Global Agreement to Co-develop and Commercialize Phase III Hypoxia-targeted Drug TH-302". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/19/11). "Press Release: Merck KGaA Acquires Rights to PI-2301 Program for Multiple Sclerosis". Darmstadt....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)