Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2013-12-31)|
|Annual sales||47,462,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2014) 2014-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2015-08-25
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  AstraZeneca plc. (8/24/15). "Press Release: AstraZeneca Appoints Dr Sean Bohen as Executive Vice President of Global Medicines Development and Chief Medical Officer"....
-  Roche. (7/30/15). "Press Release: Roche Submits Filing to FDA for Companion Diagnostic for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Drug Therapy". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Molecular Partners AG. (7/24/15). "Press Release: Molecular Partners Confirms Its Focus on Proprietary Oncology Pipeline – Discovery Alliance with Roche Discontinued". Zürich-Schlieren....
-  Roche. (7/23/15). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Strong Performance in the First Half of 2015". Basel....
-  Roche. (7/22/15). "Press Release: Roche Diagnostics Strengthens Its Blood Screening Portfolio with an Assay to Identify Human T-lymphotropic Virus I/II (HTLV-I/II) Infection to Increase Blood Safety". Basel....
-  Evotec AG. (6/30/15). "Press Release: Evotec’s Partner Roche Provides Initial Update from Phase IIb Trial in Alzheimer’s Disease". Hamburg....
-  Stratos Genomics Inc.. (6/16/15). "Press Release: Stratos Genomics Announces Major Milestone. Sequencing with Expandable Nucleotides Triggers $15,000,000 Financing"....
-  Almac Group Ltd.. (6/15/15). "Press Release: Almac Discovery Announce Ubiquitin Specific Protease Collaboration with Genentech". Craigavon....
-  Galenica Ltd.. (5/28/15). "Press Release: Galenica and Roche Enter into Exclusive License Agreement for the Commercialisation of Mircera in the US"....
-  Genedata AG. (5/12/15). "Press Release: Genedata Screener Now Supports Streamlined Collaboration among Pharmas and CROs". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)