Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2013-12-31)|
|Annual sales||47,462,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2014) 2014-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2015-04-15
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Genedata AG. (5/12/15). "Press Release: Genedata Screener Now Supports Streamlined Collaboration among Pharmas and CROs". Basel....
-  Roche. (4/13/15). "Press Release: Roche Strengthens Oncology Translational Research Pipeline by Acquiring CAPP Medical". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Roche. (4/8/15). "Press Release: EU Approves Roche's Avastin plus Chemotherapy for Women with Advanced Cervical Cancer". Basel....
-  Roche. (4/7/15). "Press Release: Roche Announces Preliminary Results of Tender Offer for Foundation Medicine, Inc.". Basel....
-  Roche. (3/19/15). "Press Release: Roche Announces Global Distribution Agreement for Its Biochemical Reagents Product Portfolio with Sigma-Aldrich". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Roche. (3/16/15). "Press Release: Roche Launches Next-generation Duplex Test for Parvovirus B19 and Hepatitis A in Markets Accepting the CE Mark. cobas DPX Assay Increases Safety of Human Plasma and Plasma Products". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/9/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Solution for Open-Access Workflows at Pittcon". New Orleans, LA....
-  Roche. (3/3/15). "Press Release: Roche Annual General Meeting 2015. Shareholders Approve All Proposals by the Board of Directors ". Basel....
-  Roche. (3/2/15). "Press Release: Roche Launches Next-generation Viral Load Assay for HBV in Markets Accepting the CE Mark. cobas HBV Assay Offers Unparalleled Performance on the cobas 6800/8800 Systems". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Roche. (3/2/15). "Press Release: Roche Extends Tender Offer for FMI". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)