Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2012-12-31)|
|Annual sales||42,531,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2011) 2011-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2013-12-08
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (12/4/13). "Press Release: Roche and Molecular Partners Enter into Alliance to Develop New Cancer Treatments. Partnership Will Combine Novel Biologics (DARPins) with Roche Drug-conjugate Technology". Basel & Zürich-Schlieren....
-  Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH. (11/13/13). "Press Release: Immatics and Roche Sign Cancer Vaccine and Immunotherapy Collaboration". Tübingen & Basel....
-  Samsung BioLogics. (10/22/13). "Press Release: Samsung BioLogics Signs a Strategic Manufacturing Partnership with Roche". Seoul....
-  Biodesy, Inc.. (10/17/13). "Press Release: Biodesy Inc. Completes $15.0 Million Series A Financing and Appoints Greg Yap as Chief Executive Officer. Series A Investors include 5AM Ventures, Pfizer Venture Investments and Roche Venture". Burlingame, CA....
-  Roche. (10/17/13). "Press Release: Roche Posts Strong Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2013". Basel....
-  Roche. (10/14/13). "Press Release: Roche to Invest 800 Million Swiss Francs in Global Biologic Medicine Manufacturing Network". Basel....
-  Turmelle, Luther. (10/3/13). "News: Drug Giant Roche to Lay Off More Workers". Branford, CT....
-  Activiomics Ltd.. (9/30/13). "Press Release: Activiomics Extends Capability to Clinical Biomarker Discovery and Appoints CEO". London....
-  Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.. (9/25/13). "Press Release: Pacific Biosciences Announces Agreement with Roche Diagnostics to Develop and Supply DNA Sequencing-based Products for Clinical Diagnostics". Menlo Park, CA....
-  Roche. (9/16/13). "Press Release: Christoph Franz Nominated to Become New Roche Chairman". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)