Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2013-12-31)|
|Annual sales||47,462,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2014) 2014-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2016-01-28
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Lead Discovery Center GmbH. (1/21/16). "Press Release: LDC Enters New Industry Partnership for the Discovery of Novel Medicines. LDC and Roche Will Jointly Advance Innovative Drug Discovery Projects". Dortmund....
-  Tensha Therapeutics. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Tensha Therapeutics to Be Acquired by Roche. Lead Molecule, TEN-010, in Clinical Development in Cancer". Cambridge, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Announces First Cancer Immunotherapy Collaboration. Agreement With Roche Leverages Proprietary Anticalin Technology Platform". Boston, MA....
-  SQZ Biotech. (12/7/15). "Press Release: SQZ Biotech Announces Partnership to Fight Cancer with Novel Cell Engineering Technology". Boston, MA....
-  Carroll, John [Fierce Biotech]. (11/30/15). "News: Updated – Roche Abandons a Marquee Antibiotics Collaboration with Polyphor"....
-  Wilex AG. (11/23/15). "Press Release: Wilex Publishes 9-month Financial Report". Munich....
-  Roche. (11/12/15). "Press Release: Roche to Restructure Its Manufacturing Network for Small Molecules". Basel....
-  Roche. (10/22/15). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Strong Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2015". Basel....
-  Adheron Therapeutics. (10/9/15). "Press Release: Adheron Therapeutics to Be Acquired by Roche". Berkeley, CA....
-  Abzena plc. (10/9/15). "Press Release: Adheron Therapeutics Is Acquired by Roche for Its Therapeutic Antibody. Antibody Fully Humanised Using Abzena’s Proprietary Technology". Cambridge....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)