Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2013-12-31)|
|Annual sales||46,780,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2013) 2013-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2014-02-22
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (2/28/14). "Press Release: Roche and Discuva Join Forces to Combat Life-threatening Infections Caused by Multi-drug Resistant Bacteria". Basel & Cambridge....
-  Roche. (2/21/14). "Press Release: Roche Signs Licensing Agreement with Sysmex Inostics GmbH for emPCR Patent Portfolio". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Cancer Genetics, Inc.. (2/10/14). "Press Release: Cancer Genetics, Inc. and Roche Announce Expanded, Exclusive International Agreement to Provide Molecular Diagnostic Cancer Testing". Rutherford, NJ....
-  F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG. (1/30/14). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Strong 2013 Results. Group Sales Rise 6% to 46.8 Billion Swiss Francs". Basel....
-  Prothena Corproation plc. (1/23/14). "Press Release: Prothena to Receive $30 Million Upfront Payment from Roche Triggered by the Expiration of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period". Dublin....
-  Sysmex Corporation. (1/21/14). "Press Release: Sysmex Reinforces Sales and Support Structure in Turkey. Establishes Local Subsidiary to Expand Business in Growing Market"....
-  AC Immune S.A.. (1/9/14). "Press Release: AC Immune Raises CHF 20 Million and Initiates World’s First anti-pTau Vaccine Trial for Alzheimer’s Disease". Lausanne....
-  Santaris Pharma A/S. (1/9/14). "Press Release: Santaris A/S Announces Worldwide Discovery Alliance for RNA-targeted Medicines with Roche". Hørsholm & San Diego, CA....
-  Prothena Corproation plc. (12/11/13). "Press Release: Roche and Prothena Enter into Worldwide Collaboration to Co-develop and Co-promote Antibodies for Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease". Basel & Dublin....
-  Roche. (12/4/13). "Press Release: Roche and Molecular Partners Enter into Alliance to Develop New Cancer Treatments. Partnership Will Combine Novel Biologics (DARPins) with Roche Drug-conjugate Technology". Basel & Zürich-Schlieren....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)