Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2013-12-31)|
|Annual sales||47,462,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2014) 2014-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2015-11-15
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (11/12/15). "Press Release: Roche to Restructure Its Manufacturing Network for Small Molecules". Basel....
-  Roche. (10/22/15). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Strong Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2015". Basel....
-  Adheron Therapeutics. (10/9/15). "Press Release: Adheron Therapeutics to Be Acquired by Roche". Berkeley, CA....
-  Ayoxxa Biosystems GmbH. (9/14/15). "Press Release: Ayoxxa Biosystems Appoints Dr. Gerald Möller as Chairman of the Board". Cologne....
-  AstraZeneca plc. (8/24/15). "Press Release: AstraZeneca Appoints Dr Sean Bohen as Executive Vice President of Global Medicines Development and Chief Medical Officer"....
-  Lumora Ltd.. (8/24/15). "Press Release: Lumora Sells Heat Elution Technology to Roche". Cambridgeshire....
-  Roche. (8/19/15). "Press Release: Roche to Acquire Kapa Biosystems to Strengthen Next-generation Sequencing Product Offerings". Basel....
-  Roche. (8/13/15). "Press Release: Roche Acquires GeneWeave to Strengthen Offerings in Microbiology Diagnostics". Basel....
-  Wilex AG. (8/12/15). "Press Release: Wilex AG Announces Discontinuation of Collaboration between Its Subsidiary Heidelberg Pharma and Roche [Ad-hoc release pursuant to § 15 Wertpapierhandelsgesetz (German Securities Trading Act)]". Munich....
-  Roche. (7/30/15). "Press Release: Roche Submits Filing to FDA for Companion Diagnostic for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Drug Therapy". Pleasanton, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)