Organisation › Details
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. Twenty-nine medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry seven years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. The Roche Group, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, is active in over 100 countries and in 2015 employed more than 91,700 people worldwide. In 2015, Roche invested CHF 9.3 billion in R&D and posted sales of CHF 48.1 billion. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2015-12-31)|
|Annual sales||48,145,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2015) 2015-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (1/28/16). "Press Release: Changes to the Roche Corporate Executive Committee". Basel.|
Record changed: 2016-08-05
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (8/3/16). "Press Release: Inovio Will Independently Develop Hepatitis B Immunotherapy". Plymouth Meeting, PA....
-  Roche. (7/21/16). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Continued Growth in the First Half of 2016". Basel....
-  Roche. (7/18/16). "Press Release: Roche Provides Update on Phase III Study of Gazyva/Gazyvaro in People with Previously Untreated Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma". Basel....
-  Roche. (6/28/16). "Press Release: Roche’s Marketing Applications for Review of Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) in Two Forms of Multiple Sclerosis Accepted by EMA and FDA". Basel....
-  Roche. (6/20/16). "Press Release: Roche Launches the New Cobas e 801 Module, Helping Hospitals Meet the Demand for Increased Diagnostic Testing". Basel....
-  Roche. (6/16/16). "Press Release: Roche’s Gazyvaro Approved in Europe in Combination with Bendamustine for People with Previously Treated Follicular Lymphoma". Basel....
-  Roche. (6/8/16). "Press Release: Roche Receives EU Approval of Avastin in Combination with Tarceva for Patients with a Specific Type of Advanced Lung Cancer". Basel....
-  Roche. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Phase III Study Shows Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra Maintained Steroid-free Remission in People with Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA)". Basel....
-  Roche. (5/31/16). "Press Release: Roche’s Subcutaneous Formulation of MabThera Receives Approval in Europe for People with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia". Basel....
-  Evotec AG. (5/24/16). "Press Release: Evotec Extends Integrated Drug Discovery Alliance with Genentech". Hamburg....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)