Organisation › Details
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. Twenty-nine medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry seven years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. The Roche Group, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, is active in over 100 countries and in 2015 employed more than 91,700 people worldwide. In 2015, Roche invested CHF 9.3 billion in R&D and posted sales of CHF 48.1 billion. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2015-12-31)|
|Annual sales||48,145,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2015) 2015-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (1/28/16). "Press Release: Changes to the Roche Corporate Executive Committee". Basel.|
Record changed: 2017-04-17
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (4/17/17). "Press Release: Roche Announces Positive Interim Results for Emicizumab in Phase III Study of Children with Haemophilia A". Basel....
-  Roche. (4/10/17). "Press Release: Phase III Study Shows Roche’s Alecensa Was Superior to Crizotinib in a Specific Type of Lung Cancer". Basel....
-  Roche. (4/5/17). "Press Release: Improving Consistency in the Diagnosis of Cervical Pre-cancers. Roche CINtec Histology Test Receives FDA Clearance". Basel....
-  Roche. (4/3/17). "Press Release: Roche Launches cobas Liat PCR System with Four Assays into CE-Markets". Basel....
-  Roche. (4/3/17). "Press Release: Phase III ALUR Study Supports the Use of Roche’s Alecensa for People with Advanced ALK-positive Lung Cancer". Basel....
-  Roche. (3/29/17). "Press Release: FDA Approves Roche’s Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) for Relapsing and Primary Progressive Forms of Multiple Sclerosis". Basel....
-  Roche. (3/28/17). "Press Release: Roche Announces Launch of cobas HPV on the cobas 6800/8800 Systems for Cervical Cancer Screening in Markets Accepting the CE Mark". Basel....
-  Bavarian Nordic A/S. (3/10/17). "Press Release: Bavarian Nordic Announces Collaboration to Evaluate CV301 and Tecentriq in Bladder Cancer". Copenhagen....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/6/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys Partner to Start New Phase 3 Clinical Trials with Gantenerumab in Alzheimer’s Disease". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  Roche. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Roche Receives EU Approval of Alecensa (alectinib) for People with Previously Treated ALK-positive Non-small Cell Lung Cancer". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)