Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2013-12-31)|
|Annual sales||47,462,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2014) 2014-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2015-03-06
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/9/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Solution for Open-Access Workflows at Pittcon". New Orleans, LA....
-  BioMed X GmbH. (2/24/15). "Press Release: Roche and BioMed X Collaborate to Develop Nanomaterial-based Biosensors for Near-patient Testing". Heidelberg....
-  Roche. (2/9/15). "Press Release: Roche Acquires Signature Diagnostics to Advance Translational Research for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Diagnostics". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Santhera Pharmaceuticals Holding AG. (1/30/15). "Press Release: Santhera Extends Executive Management and Appoints Chief Commercial Officer". Liestal....
-  Roche. (1/28/15). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Solid Results in 2014". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/16/15). "Press Release: Roche Acquires Trophos to Expand Portfolio in Neuromuscular Disease with High Medical Need". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/14/15). "Press Release: Roche Licenses Additional EGFR Pathway-related Intellectual Property to Qiagen". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Human Longevity, Inc.. (1/14/15). "Press Release: Human Longevity, Inc. Signs Agreement with Genentech for Whole Genome Sequencing and Analysis of Samples". La Jolla, CA....
-  Roche. (1/13/15). "Press Release: Roche, Meiji and Fedora Join Forces to Tackle Increasing Bacterial Resistance to Antibiotics". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/12/15). "Press Release: Roche Enters a Broad Strategic Collaboration with Foundation Medicine in the Field of Molecular Information in Oncology". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)