Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Schwan, Severin (Roche 2008 CEO before CEO of division Roche Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Hippe, Alan (Roche 201104– CFO before ThyssenKrupp + Continental + Fraport)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2013-12-31)|
|Annual sales||46,780,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2013) 2013-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2014-09-22
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (11/5/14). "Press Release: Roche to Invest 450 Million Swiss Francs in New Diagnostic Manufacturing Facility in China. Addressing Asia Pacific’s Growing Demand for Diagnostics". Basel....
-  Wilex AG. (10/15/14). "Press Release: Wilex Publishes 9-Month Financial Report". Munich....
-  Wilex AG. (10/14/14). "Press Release: Wilex Subsidiary Heidelberg Pharma Extends Research Collaboration with Roche". Munich....
-  Roche. (9/18/14). "Press Release: Roche Introduces a New Fertility Test for Assessment of Ovarian Reserve for Pregnancy". Basel....
-  Roche. (9/17/14). "Press Release: Roche to Present Latest Oncology Advances during ESMO 2014 Congress". Basel....
-  Roche. (9/8/14). "Press Release: Roche's RoActemra Receives EU Approval for Use in Patients with Early Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)". Basel....
-  Roche. (9/4/14). "Press Release: Roche Announces Change in Board of Directors". Basel....
-  Roche. (9/2/14). "Press Release: Roche Launches New Fully Automated Molecular Diagnostic Systems Offering the Fastest Time to Results with the Highest Testing Capacity". Basel....
-  Roche. (8/24/14). "Press Release: Roche and InterMune Reach Definitive Merger Agreement". Basel....
-  Roche. (8/4/14). "Press Release: Roche to Acquire Santaris Pharma to Expand Discovery and Development of RNA-targeting Medicines". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)