Organisation › Details
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2012 Roche had over 82,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 45.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. *
|Industry 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|City||4070 Basel BS|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-14|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2012-12-31)|
|Annual sales||42,531,000,000 (sales, consolidated (2011) 2011-12-31)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Chairman Franz B. Humer Announces that He Will Not Stand for Re-election in 2014. Roche to Inform about Plans for Succession in Autumn 2013". Basel.|
Record changed: 2013-05-04
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (4/23/13). "Press Release: Roche to Change Applied Science Business Structure". Basel....
-  Evotec AG. (4/22/13). "Press Release: Evotec Extends Drug Discovery Alliance with Genentech". Hamburg....
-  Roche. (4/15/13). "Press Release: Roche and Ascletis Enter Collaboration to Advance Treatment Options for Chinese Patients with Hepatitis C". Basel & Shanghai....
-  Roche. (4/11/13). "Press Release: Roche Group Posts Strong Sales Growth in the First Quarter. Group Sales Increase 6% at CER to 11.6 Billion Swiss Francs". Basel....
-  Mologen AG. (3/26/13). "Press Release: Mologen AG Expands Its Executive Board by Chief Medical Officer"....
-  Roche. (3/18/13). "Press Release: Roche’s Pegasys Receives EU Approval for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C in Children Five Years of Age and Older". Basel....
-  Biocartis S.A.. (3/12/13). "Press Release: Biocartis Strengthens Management Team with Chief Medical Officer". Lausanne & Mechelen....
-  Roche. (3/6/13). "Press Release: Roche and BioLamina Start Collaboration to Develop Novel Cell Culture Systems. Research Focus on Investigation of Laminin-based Approaches". Penzberg & Stockholm....
-  Roche. (3/6/13). "Press Release: FDA Approves New Roche Test to Evaluate Response to Hepatitis C Therapy. Viral Load Test Uses a Novel Dual-probe Approach Designed to Manage Patients Being Treated with Antiviral Therapies". Basel....
-  Roche. (3/5/13). "Press Release: Roche Annual General Meeting 2013. 26th Dividend Increase in Succession – Election/Re-election of All Members of the Board of Directors Nominated". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)