Organisation › Details
Greenovation Pflanzenbiotechnologie GmbH
greenovation Biotech GmbH has developed an innovative technology for the production of proteins using moss cells. The “moss bioreactor”, is a safe and cost-effective production platform for biopharmaceuticals with special characteristics that improve the activity of therapeutic proteins, such as antibodies.
Specific genetic modifications create sugar structures in protein that are similar to the structure of sugars found in humans. This plant-cell based technology opens up a broader range of therapeutic applications for proteins. It is the only technology of its kind currently on the market for plant-based production systems.
greenovation Biotech GmbH, based in Heilbronn, Germany, was founded in September 1999. In addition L-EigenkapitalAgentur (Karlsruhe), Mediport Venture Fonds II (Berlin), the Seed group (Tübingen) and Zukunftsfonds Heilbronn, the company’s founders and selected employees are among the investors. *
|Group||Greenovation Biotech GmbH|
|Today||Greenovation Biotech GmbH|
|Successor||Greenovation Biotech GmbH|
|Industry 2||recombinant protein production in plant cells|
|Region||Freiburg im Breisgau|
|City||n. a. Freiburg im Breisgau|
|Address record changed: 2011-05-15|
|Basic data||Employees||n. a.|
Record changed: 2013-05-19
More documents for Greenovation Biotech GmbH
-  University of Freiburg. (8/21/13). "Press Release: Research with the Moss Bioreactor. University of Freiburg and Greenovation Biotech to Cooperate on Improved Product Yields". Freiburg....
-  BIOPRO Baden-Württemberg GmbH. (8/5/13). "News: Greenovation Biotech GmbH – Production of Therapeutic Proteins in Moss"....
-  Biomeva GmbH. (5/6/13). "Press Release: Greenovation Biotech GmbH and Biomeva GmbH Sign Development, Manufacturing and Supply Agreement for GMP Production of a Protein with a Novel Expression Platform". Freiburg & Heidelberg....
-  Sartorius AG. (10/12/07). "Press Release: Joint Process Development between Sartorius Stedim Biotech and greenovation Biotech GmbH". Goettingen & Heilbronn....
-  Greenovation Biotech GmbH. (11/25/06). "Press Release: Greenovation Biotech Successfully Completing Second Round Financing". Freiburg....
-  Greenovation Biotech GmbH. (10/02/06). "Press Release: greenovation Cooperation Receives BioChancePlus Grant from BMBF". Freiburg....
-  Bayer AG. (6/22/06). "Press Release: Bayer Innovation Announces Licensing Agreement with Greenovation Biotech". Düsseldorf & Freiburg....
-  AM-Pharma B.V.. (7/22/05). "Press Release: Greenovation and AM-Pharma Announce Successful Production of Alkaline Phosphatase in Moss". Freiburg & Bunnik....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)