Organisation › Details
Analytik Jena AG
Analytik Jena AG (ISIN: DE0005213508, market segment: Prime Standard, Stock market symbol: AJA) generated Group revenue of EUR 28.8 m (previous year 12 months: EUR 121.3 m) from October 1 to December 31, 2014. In the instrument business, total revenue amounted to EUR 24.4 m (previous year 12 months: EUR 99.7 m). Group revenue included the revenue recognized in the project business of our AJZ Engineering subsidiary, which totaled EUR 4.3 m (previous year 12 months: EUR 21.6 m) at the end of the shortened financial year. Analytik Jena’s export ratio amounted to 76.8 % (previous year: 79.3 %). Analytik Jena recorded order entry of EUR 23.1 m in the instrument business. The Group concluded the financial year with earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of EUR -9.7 m (previous year: EUR -1.3 m) with an EBITDA margin of -33.9 % (previous year: -1.0 %). Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) amounted to EUR -11.6 m (previous year: EUR -6.2 m). The unsatisfactory earnings development is also attributable to the continued weak operating business as Analytik Jena was unable to offset higher selling, administrative, and R&D costs resulting from the acquisitions in the past two financial years with any corresponding increases in revenue in the instrument business. The operating result was negatively affected particularly by sustained weak revenue in all three business units of the instrument business and respective losses in Life Science, Optics, and the Project Business. The result was additionally affected by planned restructuring measures in the Life Science business unit realized by the creation of provisions as one-time effects. They include expected costs for the closure of the sepsis diagnostics area and the depreciation of a shareholdings' book values. At the end of the financial year, Analytik Jena recorded a consolidated net loss for the year of EUR -13.0 m (previous year: EUR -9.2 m). Earnings per share amounted to EUR -1.31 (previous year: EUR -1.21). In the past shortened financial year, Analytik Jena recorded positive operating cashflow of EUR 1.2 m (previous year: EUR -5.6 m). As of December 31, 2014, the Group had a total of 1,102 employees, including 36 interns (previous year: 1,098 employees, including 35 interns), or nearly as many employees as on the previous balance sheet date. *
|Predecessor||Carl Zeiss Jena GmbH|
|Industry||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Industry 2||thermocycler (PCR thermal cycler)|
|Person||Berka, Klaus (Analytik Jena 200702 Chairman Executive Board)|
|Address record changed: 2008-12-07|
|Basic data||Employees||F: 1,001 to 5,000 (2014-12-31)|
|Annual sales||97,700,000 (revenue, consolidated (2012/13) 2013-09-30)|
|* Document for »About Section«: Analytik Jena AG. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Closes Three Month Shortened Financial Year 2014 Negatively". Jena.|
Record changed: 2016-06-11
More documents for Endress+Hauser (Group)
-  Analytik Jena AG. (5/11/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Introduces New Generation of contrAA High-Resolution Continuum Source AA Spectrometers". Munich....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (5/9/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena to Launch “SmartExtraction” Global Innovation at Analytica 2016 in Munich". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (4/19/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Sells Site in Eisfeld. New Investor Acquiring Entire Optics Business Unit as Well as Component Production for Analytical Technology". Jena & Eisfeld....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (4/7/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Launches a New Model for the PlasmaQuant® PQ 9000 Series of ICP-OES Instruments". Jena....
-  Endress+Hauser AG. (4/1/16). "Press Release: Endress+Hauser Completes Takeover of Analytik Jena. Remaining Minority Shareholders Receive Cash Compensation"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (10/28/15). "Press Release: Closer to the Customer – Analytik Jena Opens Swiss Branch Office at the Endress+Hauser Headquarters in Reinach". Jena & Reinach....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (10/1/15). "Press Release: Analytik Jena AG Expands Executive Management Board". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/23/15). "Press Release: Endress+Hauser Submits Squeeze-out Request to Analytik Jena AG". Jena & Weil am Rhein....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/21/15). "Press Release: Analytik Jena at Biotechnica 2015 with New Biometra TRIO Thermal Cycler". Jena & Hannover....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/7/15). "Press Release: Biotechnica 2015 – Analytik Jena AG Launches Biometra TAdvanced Thermal Cycler with Quick Block Exchange Technology". Jena & Hannover....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)