Document › Details
Galenica Ltd.. (5/28/15). "Press Release: Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma – Expansion of Product Portfolio and Establishment of a Marketing and Sales Organisation in Europe".
|Organisation||Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma Ltd.|
|Organisation 2||Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA|
|Person||Hertig, Christina (Galenica 201112 Head Corporate Communications)|
Galenica and Fresenius Medical Care further develop their common company Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma. The company, which specialises in nephrology medicines, is to expand its product portfolio and substantially further develop sales and marketing organisation for nephrology medicines in Europe.
Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, which specialises in nephrology medicines, is expanding its product portfolio. In addition to the iron replacement products Ferinject® and Venofer® for use in nephrology indications as well as the phosphate binder Velphoro®, the company will acquire nephrology medicines commercialised by Fresenius Medical Care, including the phosphate binders Osvaren® and Phosphosorb®. The transfer of the marketing rights is to be completed by the end of 2015. The parties have agreed not to disclose the financial aspects of the agreement.
This portfolio, along with the EU marketing authorisation granted for Velphoro® in August 2014, means Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma has now the critical mass to substantially further develop sales and marketing organisation in key European markets.
In 2007, Galenica and Fresenius Medical Care entered into a strategic agreement to market and distribute the iron replacement products Venofer® and Ferinject® in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America for use in dialysis. The common company Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma was established in 2010. The planned expansion of activities represents a further step forward in a successful partnership with the common aim of improving the lives of patients around the world with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
For further information, please contact:
Christina Hertig, Head Corporate Communications
Tel. +41 58 852 85 17
Julien Vignot, Head Investor Relations
Tel. +41 58 852 85 29
P.O. Box · Untermattweg 8 · CH-3001 Bern
Phone +41 58 852 85 17 · Fax +41 58 852 85 58
firstname.lastname@example.org · www.galenica.com
Galenica is a diversified Group active throughout the healthcare market which, among other activities, develops, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical products, runs pharmacies, provides logistical and database services and sets up networks. With its two Business units Vifor Pharma and Galenica Santé, the Galenica Group enjoys a leading position in all its core business activities. A large part of the Group’s income is generated by international operations. Galenica is listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX Swiss Exchange, GALN, security number 1,553,646).
For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.galenica.com.
Fresenius Medical Care is the world’s largest integrated provider of products and services for individuals undergoing dialysis because of chronic kidney failure, a condition that affects more than 2.3 million individuals worldwide. Through its network of 3,225 dialysis clinics in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa, Fresenius Medical Care provides dialysis treatments for 283’000 patients around the globe. Fresenius Medical Care is also the world’s leading provider of dialysis products such as hemodialysis machines, dialyzers and related disposable products.
For more information about Fresenius Medical Care, visit the Company’s website at www.fmc-ag.com.
Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma Ltd., a common company of Galenica and Fresenius Medical Care develops and commercialises innovative and high quality therapies to improve the life of patients suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) worldwide. The company was founded at the end of 2010 and is owned 55% by Galenica and 45% by Fresenius Medical Care.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Galenica (Group)
-  Vifor Pharma AG. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Vifor Pharma and ChemoCentryx Announce Expansion of Avacopan Agreement for Rare Renal Diseases"....
-  Galenica Holding AG. (9/2/16). "Press Release: Galenica Completes Acquisition of Relypsa"....
-  Galenica Holding AG. (7/21/16). "Press Release: Galenica and Relypsa Announce Agreement for Galenica to Acquire Relypsa"....
-  Galenica Ltd.. (5/28/15). "Press Release: Galenica and Roche Enter into Exclusive License Agreement for the Commercialisation of Mircera in the US"....
-  Galenica. (8/27/14). "Press Release: Velphoro Receives EU Marketing Authorisation for Treatment of Hyperphosphatemia in Adult CKD Patients on Dialysis"....
-  Galenica. (8/12/14). "Press Release: Galenica Lays Foundation for Two Listed, Independent Companies. New Management Structure with Two CEOs Will Enable Focused Development of Both Units.". Bern....
-  Galenica. (3/11/14). "Press Release: Results of the Galenica Group for 2013". Bern....
-  Galenica Holding AG. (8/13/13). "Press Release: Galenica Achieves Significant Milestones in the First Half of 2013 and Announces for 2013 Profit Growth for the 18th Consecutive Year"....
-  Galenica. (3/12/13). "Press Release: Profits up for the 17th Consecutive Year in 2012: +13.6% after Minority Interests". Bern....
-  Galenica Holding AG. (12/20/12). "Press Release: PA21 Dossier Sent for Submission to EMA to Seek Approval in the EU"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)