Document › Details
Genedata AG. (11/10/10). "Press Release: Victoria DPI Fast-tracks Agribioscience Research with Genedata Expressionist Refiner MS. Mass Spectrometry Solution for High Throughput Proteomics and Metabolomics Data Will Showcase at 27th Montreux Symposium on
|Product||Refiner MS (s/w module of Genedata Expressionist)|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Pfannes, Othmar (Genedata 200406 CEO)|
Genedata, a leading provider of advanced software solutions for drug discovery and life science research, today announced Genedata Expressionist® Refiner MS for mass spectrometry will be used in agribioscience research by Australia's Victorian Department of Primary Industries (DPI). DPI's Biosciences Research Division works to improve plant and animal productivity and fight disease in animals and plants by identifying plant pathogens as well as resistance to animal parasites. Refiner MS, with its advanced visualization capabilities, will help DPI scientists analyze huge proteomics and metabolomics datasets at any stage of data processing. Genedata Expressionist Refiner MS will be demonstrated at the 27th Montreux Symposium on LC/MS (Booth 6; Nov. 10 - 12).
"We focus on the systems biology of agriscience and Genedata Expressionist helps us make sense of all the raw data made available to us through proteomics and metabolomics," said Dr. Ben Cocks, research director for the Biosciences Research Division. "With Refiner MS we're analyzing hundreds of one-gigabyte LC/MS files. This is a huge advantage of Refiner MS as the open source software we used prior to Genedata was incapable of handling very large datasets, which are requisite for thorough research." The Biosciences Research Division is part of a large research community at DPI and Cocks notes, "The Genedata solution is instrument-independent and manufacturer-agnostic, contributing to a low total cost of ownership while advancing an enterprise-wide application."
Refiner MS is a module within the Genedata Expressionist enterprise system for biomarker discovery and molecular profiling. The system is a single-point-of-access for experimental, proprietary, and public data, including sample information, raw and pre-processed data, and analysis results with reports and documentation. Refiner MS functionality can be extended along the R&D workflow with additional Refiner modules as well as Genedata Analyst™ for sample-centric data organization, statistical analysis, biological interpretation, prediction, and decision support.
No Black Box Solution
"The statistics underlying Refiner MS are pretty solid," said Dr. Simone Rochfort, principal research scientist for Discovery Technologies. "At each step you can visualize your data, which allows you to understand what the software is doing to your data - so Refiner MS is no black box solution." Rochfort projects that Refiner MS visualization capabilities will help promote more cross-platform integration and collaboration among research groups at DPI. "Currently, we have a particular muscle system of interest. We've done some metabolomics and proteomics on this system and all these data will be linked within Genedata Analyst. Genedata visualization tools will allow us to this easily in a manner that makes statistical sense." Analysis results can be accessed by researchers who can identify proteins of interest or metabolites correlating to those proteins.
"We're honored to have Genedata solutions become an integral part of the DPI's mission to maintain a competitive, productive, and sustainable farm business for the people of Victoria and beyond," said Dr. Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata. "Our partnership with DPI also underscores Genedata unflagging commitment to its global customers regardless of their location."
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with a portfolio of advanced software solutions for drug discovery and life science research, which spans target, lead and biomarker discovery. Used by a majority of the world's top 50 pharmaceutical companies and leading research organizations, Genedata Phylosopher®, Genedata Screener®, Genedata Expressionist®, Genedata Analyst™, and Genedata Selector™ make research data accessible and understandable, enabling scientific discovery that fights disease and improves health worldwide. Founded in 1997, Genedata is privately held, with headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, and offices in Germany, Japan, and the US. www.genedata.com
Marketing & Communications
Phone: +41 61 511 8459
Phone: +1 508 881 3109
The statements in this press release that relate to future plans, events or performance are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including risks associated with uncertainties related to contract cancellations, developing risks, competitive factors, uncertainties pertaining to customer orders, demand for products and services, development of markets for the Company's products and services. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to release publicly the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
All product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Genedata (Group)
-  Genedata AG. (5/28/14). "Press Release: GSK Implements Genedata Biologics as Antibody Discovery Platform". Basel....
-  Genedata AG. (4/29/14). "Press Release: New Genedata Screener for Surface Plasmon Resonance Co-developed with AstraZeneca Announced at 2014 Bio-IT World Conference & Expo". Boston, MA....
-  Genedata AG. (4/22/14). "Press Release: Genedata at Bio-IT World Announces tranSMART Integration with Genedata Analyst. Pfizer/Genedata Integration Project Enhances tranSMART". Basel....
-  Genedata AG. (3/31/14). "Press Release: Genedata Biologics 4.0 Enables Large-scale Design, Synthesis, and Testing of Bispecific Antibodies". Vienna....
-  Genedata AG. (12/10/13). "Press Release: New Genedata Expressionist for MS Gains Increased Adoption in Metabolomics R&D". Basel....
-  Genedata AG. (12/3/13). "Press Release: Genedata Announces Collaboration with AstaZeneca on the Analysis of Compound Combination Experiments". Basel....
-  Genedata AG. (11/19/13). "Press Release: Biogas Consortium Using Genedata Selector for Metagenomics-based Process Optimization". Munich....
-  Genedata AG. (10/30/13). "Press Release: Sanofi Adopts Genedata Biologics for Integrated Biopharma R&D Process Support". Basel....
-  Genedata AG. (9/17/13). "Press Release: Evonik and Genedata Broaden Their Collaboration with the Genedata Selector Biotechnology Data Management Platform". Basel....
-  Genedata AG. (9/4/13). "Press Release: Genedata Screener Global User Group Meetings Will Examine Advancements in Plate-based Screening". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)