Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Person||Holley, Adrian (Thermo Fisher 201703 Marketing Director Trace Elemental Analysis at Thermo Fisher Bremen)|
Thermo Scientific iCAP TQ ICP-MS offers advanced interference removal for analyzing challenging matrices while delivering reliable, reproducible data
Laboratories working with challenging matrices can now benefit from a new triple quadrupole inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) that is designed to combine power and simplicity in a single instrument.
The new Thermo Scientific iCAP TQ ICP-MS system makes its debut at Pittcon 2017 (booth 3021) at McCormick Place, Chicago. The easy-to-use system, developed to support ultralow detection limits, offers advanced interference removal capabilities designed to overcome interferences common in challenging matrices. It is also designed to provide reliable and reproducible data for a range of applications.
“There’s a growing need to push the boundaries of detection, especially in metallurgy, clinical research, pharmaceutical compliance, environmental science, food safety and geoscience,” said Adrian Holley, marketing director, trace elemental analysis, Thermo Fisher. “Our customers want the detection limits and accuracy of triple quadrupole technology with the ease of a single quad, and the iCAP TQ ICP-MS delivers that combination of power and simplicity.”
The new iCAP TQ ICP-MS allows users to switch between single and triple quadrupole modes in a single multi-element experiment so that laboratories can keep their existing workflow as well as add new capabilities over time.
“Triple quadrupole technology ICP-MS is enabling us to overcome research challenges in sample analysis that we were unable to address with single quad technology,” said Jörg Bettmer, Ph.D., assistant professor, department of physical and analytical chemistry, University of Oviedo, Spain. “For example, analyzing titanium in biological system samples is challenging due to its low concentration and similarity to other interfering elements. With the iCAP TQ ICP-MS system, we are able to significantly increase sensitivity and decrease detection limits so that we attain the measurements that allow us to analyze low concentrations of titanium in complex samples. This is especially important as use of titanium as nanomaterials continues to increase in daily consumer products.”
When combined with Thermo Scientific Qtegra Intelligent Scientific Data Software, an intuitive user interface and the Reaction Finder tool, researchers can reduce time-consuming method development.
The system requires minimal user maintenance and includes QCell flatapole technology, a small volume collision/reaction cell with flatapole rods, and a dedicated gas distribution unit for lab safety and maximum flexibility. It also features self-aligning sample introduction components for reproducibility and an ergonomic benchtop design with a compact footprint that saves valuable lab space. Finally, by integrating control of peripherals, the system is designed for outstanding productivity with minimal errors — targeting consistent performance and reliable data.
For a closer look at the Thermo Scientific iCAP TQ ICP-MS system, visit Thermo Fisher at booth 3021, or, for more information, visit www.thermofisher.com/TQ-ICP-MS.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Laura Bright, 562-335-8318
Neha Karl, +44 (0) 1223 257830
Record changed: 2017-04-18
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Global Headquarters". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Partners with Hamilton Bonaduz AG to Accelerate Automation Platforms Access for Forensic Customers". South San Francisco, CA & Bonaduz....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/1/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Offering for Clinical Applications at AACC 2016". Philadeliphia, PA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: New Gas Chromatography System Brings Power of Orbitrap GC-MS Technology to Routine Applications". Sunnyvale, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (7/1/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Receives FDA Clearance for Expanded Use of VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Test for Managing Sepsis Patients with Elevated Risk of Mortality". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Recognizes Tandem Mass Tag Grant Award Winners at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)