Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Debuts High-performance Benchtop Quadrupole-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer. Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Is a Compelling Alternative to Q-TOF". Orlando, FL.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Q Exactive™ quadrupole-Orbitrap LC-MS/MS|
|Person||Jardine, Ian (Thermo Fisher 200803 VP Global Research + Develop)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the Pittcon debut of the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive high-performance benchtop quadrupole-Orbitrap™ LC-MS/MS. Q Exactive™, a compelling alternative to quadrupole time-of-flight (Q-TOF), can conduct three experiments at once - identification, quantitation and confirmation - in a system that is fully compatible with UHPLC separations. The company will showcase the Q Exactive in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
The innovative HR/AM Quanfirmation™ capability featured in Q Exactive makes it possible to identify, quantify and confirm more trace-level metabolites, contaminants, peptides and proteins in complex mixtures in one analytical run. Laboratories can obtain high-confidence results without sacrificing MS/MS sensitivity, mass resolution or quantitative reproducibility.
The Q Exactive supports time-saving workflows for emerging applications, such as food safety and forensic toxicology, which use general extraction methodologies that result in complex sample matrices for subsequent analysis by LC-MS. With the Q Exactive, laboratories can identify more proteins, more metabolites and more contaminants with greater confidence.
"Traditionally, laboratories have purchased Q-TOFs for small-molecule work, such as drug metabolism studies, as well as for peptide and proteomics work, and the Q Exactive is ideal for those applications," said Dr. Ian Jardine, chief technology officer of Thermo Fisher's Analytical Technologies business. "Once customers understand that they can get UHPLC-equivalent performance, with narrower chromatography peaks, at an affordable price, the Q Exactive becomes an even more exciting proposition for labs worldwide."
Because it is powered by Orbitrap technology, the Q Exactive offers ultra-high resolution and exceptional mass accuracy for high-confidence identifications and retrospective data analysis. Fast scanning and spectral multiplexing ensure that the system is fully compatible with UHPLC separations. Fast positive-negative scan-to-scan polarity switching enables detection of a wide range of compound types in a single analysis.
Other new innovations featured in the Q Exactive include:
> New ion source optics for increased sensitivity up to five-fold.
> Integrated quadrupole mass filter that enables precursor ion selection. True MS/MS fragmentation occurs in the higher energy collisional induced dissociation (HCD) cell prior to Orbitrap HR/AM detection.
> Advanced signal processing that increases system resolving power to 140,000 FWHM in full-scan mode and maximum scan speed.
> New C-Trap ion optics and HCD collision cell that offer fast HCD MS/MS scanning and improve low-mass ion transmission, which enhances sensitivity and quantitative performance, particularly for experiments that use isobaric labeling.
> Multiplexed detection that increases overall system duty cycle for compatibility with UHPLC. Up to 10 precursor ions can be collected and stored prior to simultaneous detection in the Orbitrap.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, please call (800) 532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/qexactive.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Stephanie Kubina, 408-965-6022
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/23/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Extends Technology Collaboration with University of Birmingham, UK". San José, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/31/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Affymetrix Following Approval of Transaction by Affymetrix Stockholders". Waltham, MA & Santa Clara, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Expanded FDA Clearance for its B·R·A·H·M·S PCT Sepsis Biomarker". Waltham, MA....
-  Invivoscribe Technologies Inc.. (2/10/16). "Press Release: Invivoscribe Announces Long-term Collaboration to Develop Immuno-oncology Tests With Thermo Fisher Scientific". San Diego, CA....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Tecan Simplifies Large Molecule Bioanalysis. The MSIA Streptavidin EVO Microcolumns Are Designed Specifically for Tecan’s Freedom EVO Platform". Männedorf....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Affymetrix. Strengthens Leadership in Biosciences and Genetic Analysis". Waltham, MA & Santa Clara, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/14/15). "Press Release: New Innovations at AGU 2015 Extend the Boundaries of Isotope Analysis for Geosciences Research". San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/18/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Signs Development Agreement for Next-Generation Sequencing-Based Companion Diagnostic". Carlsbad, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/3/15). "Press Release: Food Safety Analysis and Testing Solutions Offer Exceptional Sensitivity and Performance. Thermo Scientific Q Exactive GC Orbitrap GC-MS/MS, DFS Magnetic Sector GC-HRMS among Highlights at RAFA 20...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/19/15). "Press Release: University of Muenster Using Obitrap-based GC-MS to Advance Lithium-Ion Battery Research. First Customer Installation of Breakthrough Thermo Scientific Q Exactive GC-MS". San José, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)