Document › Details
Sysmex Corporation. (9/24/13). "Press Release: Sysmex Acquiring Two Germany Based Companies to Expand Its Technology Platform Targeting Personalized Medicine and Entering New Fields of Business".
|Today||Sysmex Partec GmbH, Münster Office|
|Organisation 2||Inostics GmbH|
|Today||Sysmex Inostics GmbH|
|Product 2||personalised medicine / precision medicine|
|Index term||Partec–Sysmex: investment, 201309 acquisition of Partec GmbH by Sysmex Corp|
|Index term 2||Indivumed–Sysmex: investment, 201309–201310 acquisition of 100% of Inostics GmbH + its subsidiary Inostics Inc by Sysmex Corp|
|Person||Ietsugu, Hisashi (Sysmex 200602 CEO)|
|Person 2||Göhde, Roland (Partec 201101 Managing Director Partec GmbH Görlitz + Board Chairman Biosaxony 201103)|
Sysmex Corporation (HQ: Kobe, Japan; Chairman and CEO: Hisashi Ietsugu) announces that it has reached agreements to acquire 100% of the shares of German Partec GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "Partec") and Inostics GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "Inostics"), as outlined below.
1. Significance and Purpose of the Acquisitions
The global healthcare market promises ongoing growth, driven by graying populations in advanced countries and efforts in emerging markets to expand their healthcare infrastructures in line with population increase and economic development. Due to the progress of personalized medicine, such as the development of new drugs and diagnostics using advanced molecular genetic technologies, and disease incidence analysis, an adequately relevant treatment and drug selection matching the individual's physical and genetic condition can increasingly be realized.
Under the share purchase agreements, Sysmex will acquire Partec's flow cytometry (FCM) technology which is advantageous for both, research and diagnostics purpose and Inostics's highly-sensitive digital polymerase chain reaction (dPCR) technology for circulating DNA analysis. In addition to establishing new analytical platforms by integrating both technologies, Sysmex will be entering the personalized medicine business leveraging its global sales and support network.
Partec, a pioneering company in the field of FCM, has amassed significant expertise and development capabilities involving leading-edge FCM products. The company has gained a strong presence in emerging markets and developing countries for its efforts in such areas as HIV monitoring, malaria diagnostics and other infectious diseases. In developed countries, Partec provides testing instruments that employ its FCM technology, targeting research institutions and customers in general industry categories.
Sysmex plans to extend its business domain as well as accelerating global outreach by leveraging its sales and support network. Sysmex expects to further advance in the hematology field by combining FCM technologies-Partec's forte-with its own expertise in the hematology field cultivated over the years.
Inostics possesses advanced genetic testing technologies, such as ultra-sensitive digital PCR technology for detecting cancer cell DNA directly from blood - a "liquid biopsy" process as opposed to tissue testing. By acquiring those technologies, Sysmex plans to develop on a global basis assay services that Inostics already provides. Its companion diagnostics activities in collaboration with pharmaceutical companies will be enhanced as well.
Going forward, Sysmex, under its corporate philosophy "Shaping the Advancement of Healthcare", aims to promote healthcare in the interest of improving the lives and health of people throughout the world.
2. Corporate Overviews
(1) Partec and affiliated companies
1) Line of Business: Development, manufacture and sale of diagnostic Instruments and reagents
2) Head Office Location: Görlitz, Germany
3) Representative: Roland Göhde
4) Net Sales and EBIT (FY2012): Net Sales 20.1 Million of euros
EBIT 2.7 Million of euros
(2) Inostics and affiliated companies
1) Line of Business: Blood DNA testing service in the cancer field
2) Head Office Location: Hamburg, Germany
3) Representative: Prof. Dr. Hartmut Juhl
4) Net Sales and EBIT (FY2012): Net Sales 4.6 Million of U.S. dollars
EBIT 0.2 Million of U.S. dollars
Sysmex will provide notice of the impact of this acquisition on the Group's operating performance and financial conditions as soon as such information is available.
Information contained in the press release is current as of the date of the announcement, but may be subject to change without prior notice.
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Sysmex (Group)
-  Merck KGaA. (4/6/16). "Press Release: Merck and Sysmex Inostics Receive CE Mark Approval for Liquid Biopsy Test for Colorectal Cancer Patients". Darmstadt....
-  Sysmex Corporation. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sysmex and LabCorp Announce a Strategic Collaboration for Blood-Based Molecular Testing Services and Products to Support the Development of Precision Medicine in Oncology". Kobe & Burlington, NC....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (4/22/15). "Press Release: Sysmex Inostics Announces Agreement with IndivuTest to offer Blood Based Mutation Testing". Mundelein, IL & Hamburg....
-  Sysmex Partec GmbH. (9/17/14). "Press Release: Partec GmbH Is Now Sysmex Partec GmbH". Görlitz....
-  Sysmex Corporation. (6/2/14). "Press Release: Sysmex Inostics GmbH to Collaborate with Merck KGaA to Develop and Commercialize a Blood-Based RAS Biomarker Test for Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer"....
-  Merck KGaA. (6/1/14). "Press Release: Merck to Collaborate with Sysmex Inostics on a Blood-based RAS Biomarker Test". Darmstadt....
-  Merck Millipore. (3/17/14). "Press Release: EMD Millipore Announces Clinical Research, Licensing and Joint Development Agreement with Sysmex Corporation". Billerica, MA....
-  Sysmex Corporation. (3/13/14). "Press Release: Sysmex Enters into Clinical Research, Joint Development and Licensing Agreement with Merck Millipore"....
-  Roche. (2/21/14). "Press Release: Roche Signs Licensing Agreement with Sysmex Inostics GmbH for emPCR Patent Portfolio". Pleasanton, CA....
-  Sysmex Corporation. (1/21/14). "Press Release: Sysmex Reinforces Sales and Support Structure in Turkey. Establishes Local Subsidiary to Expand Business in Growing Market"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)