Document › Details
Sygnis AG. (4/22/15). "Press Release: Sygnis Appoints Dr. Miguel-Antonio Viribay as Vice President Sales and Marketing". Madrid & Heidelberg.
> Dr. Viribay adds more than 16 years of international experience in molecular biology and biotechnology markets
> Strong focus on boosting international sales, mainly in Europe and the US
SYGNIS AG (Frankfurt: LIO1; ISIN: DE000A1RFM03; Prime Standard) today announced that Dr. Miguel-Antonio Viribay has joined SYGNIS and will assume responsibility for the further development, implementation and execution of sales and marketing strategies as Vice President Sales and Marketing.
Dr. Viribay has over 16 years of successful international experience in the biotech industry. He held executive positions in the sales and marketing departments of leading American companies operating in Southern Europe, such as Life Technologies, Agilent or, more recently, Thermo Fisher. All these companies specialize in products for molecular biology and next generation sequencing, priority areas also for SYGNIS. Mr. Viribay holds a PhD in Molecular Genetics.
In his newly created position as Vice President Sales and Marketing, Dr. Viribay will be responsible for deepening the marketing approach, based on direct sale of SYGNIS products as well as on agreements with SYGNIS’ distribution partners worldwide, developing new business and sales strategies, and promoting online sales in order to boost international sales, especially in the European and US markets.
“We are very much looking forward to welcoming Dr. Viribay to SYGNIS”, Pilar de la Huerta, CEO and CFO of SYGNIS commented. “Dr. Viribay’s extensive experience in world-wide marketing and sales in the biotechnology industry combined with his scientific excellence in molecular science will support and further enhance SYGNIS position as a leading provider of innovative products and technologies for DNA amplification and sequencing in growth markets, especially in Europe and the US. Now that we have expanded our scope of business and are selling our own products, Dr. Viribay will play a key role as we continue to pursue our growth strategy and position our products for long- term success.”
“I am very pleased to join SYGNIS at this exciting point in its journey,” Dr. Miguel-Antonio Viribay added. “With the launch of its second product line in just seven months the company paved the ground for future success and I am very much looking forward to contribute to its next phase of growth and joining this proven and dynamic management team.”
For further information please contact:
Pilar de la Huerta
Phone: +34 91 192 36 50
MC Services AG
Phone: +49 89 210228 30
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Genetrix (ES) (Group)
-  Sygnis AG. (2/2/17). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Announces the Launch of TrueHelix". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Acquires Profitable US Life Sciences Tools Company C.B.S. Scientific for US $0.9 Million in Cash and Shares". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Reinforces Its Proteomics Portfolio with Two Patents Granted in Europe and China". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (11/18/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Launches TruePrime Liquid Biopsy Kit targeting Oncology Research and Diagnostics". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Reports Nine Month Results for the Period Ended September 30, 2016". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG to Receive €1.9 Million Non-dilutive R&D Funding from the Spanish Government". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Enters into Collaboration Agreement with ECACC for Licensing and Distribution of Caco-2 Cell Line". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (8/8/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Strengthens Management Team with Appointment of Dr. Heikki Lanckriet". Madrid & Heidelberg....
-  Sygnis AG. (7/14/16). "Press Release: Sygnis AG Successfully Completes Rights Offering and Private Placement (Ad hoc announcement according to § 15 WpHG) [Nor for US, CA, JP and AU]". Madrid & Heidelberg....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)