Document › Details
SuppreMol GmbH. (4/12/10). "Press Release: SuppreMol Initiates Phase Ib/IIa Clinical Trial with Its Lead Candidate SM101". Martinsried.
|Product 2||clinical research|
|Person||Buckel, Peter (SuppreMol 2005–201304 CEO RETIRED 4/12 before atugen CEO + Xantos CEO + founder + Roche Mannheim)|
SuppreMol GmbH, a privately held biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, today announced the initiation of a Phase Ib/IIa clinical trial with its lead product SM101 in Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP).
The first patient in the multi-centric, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose escalating study has been enrolled in Poland. In the Phase Ib, up to 36 patients will receive repeated doses of SM101 weekly for four weeks, or matching placebo intravenously. Subsequently, SuppreMol plans to enroll an additional 15 patients to expand the study to a Phase IIa parallel-group clinical trial, which will be conducted in Germany, Belgium, Poland, and Russia.
The primary endpoint is safety based on the incidence of adverse events according to the Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE). The main efficacy endpoint is the proportion of subjects with a substantial platelet response (i.e. more than 30,000 platelets/µl blood). Secondary endpoints comprise number of bleeding events, time to reach platelet response, duration of platelet response, proportion of subjects with rescue medication, and dose reduction of concomitant ITP medication.
In a Phase Ia trial in 48 healthy volunteers started in April 2009 no SM101-associated adverse reactions have been observed. Detailed results of this study will be published soon.
"Following the successful completion of the Phase Ia trial in March this year, we are very pleased to expand our clinical studies with our lead molecule SM101," said Peter Buckel, CEO of SuppreMol. "We are looking forward to completing the Phase Ib/IIa trial by December, 2011, and to generate some initial data on the efficacy of SM101 by February, 2011 from phase Ib then."
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Baxter (Group)
-  Baxter International Inc.. (3/4/15). "Press Release: Baxter's BioScience Business Acquires Biopharmaceutical Company SuppreMol". Deerfield, IL & Munich....
-  Baxter International Inc.. (3/27/14). "Press Release: Baxter Announces Plans to Create Two Separate Leading Global Healthcare Companies". Deerfield, IL....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (12/4/13). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Appoints Dr. Robert Phelps as Director Business Operations". Regensburg....
-  SuppreMol GmbH. (5/21/13). "Press Release: SuppreMol Raises €9.5 Million in Extended Series D Financing Round". Munich....
-  SuppreMol GmbH. (4/2/13). "Press Release: SuppreMol Appoints Industry Expert Klaus Schollmeier as CEO". Munich....
-  Baxter Deutschland GmbH. (2/15/13). "Pressemitteilung: Baxter investiert in die Zukunft. Erweiterte Anlagekapazitäten und neue Arbeitsplätze am Standort Halle". Halle/Westfalen....
-  Zytoprotec GmbH. (1/29/13). "Press Release: Zytoprotec Raises EUR 2 Million in Financing from Baxter Ventures". Vienna....
-  Clavis Pharma ASA. (8/23/12). "Press Release: Clavis Pharma Second Quarter and First Half 2012 Results". Oslo....
-  SuppreMol GmbH. (7/24/12). "Press Release: SuppreMol Begins Development of Anti-IL-3 Monoclonal Antibody to Diagnose and Treat Early Stage Rheumatoid Arthritis". Munich....
-  SuppreMol GmbH. (11/28/11). "Press Release: SuppreMol Starts SM101 Dosing in the Context of SMILE Study. Australian Study Center Treats First Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Patients". Martinsried....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)