Document › Details
Sophia Genetics S.A.. (6/22/15). "Press Release: Sophia Genetics Adds Weight to Senior Management Team with Appointment of Marylin Mermod Schule as Chief Financial Officer". Lausanne.
|Organisation||Sophia Genetics S.A.|
|Group||Sophia Genetics (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Cartagenia (Group)|
|Product||data integration and analysis software (bioinformatics)|
|Product 2||genomic software tools|
|Person||Mermod Schule, Marylin (Sophia Genetics 201506– CFO before Benjamin de Rothschild + La Metairie)|
|Person 2||Camblong, Jurgi (Sophion Genetics 201407 CEO + Co-Founder)|
> Former Deputy Director of Benjamin de Rothschild Bank joins as CFO to support company’s growth
> Appointee brings financial, accountancy, private equity and healthcare expertise to Sophia Genetics
> New CFO features in Swiss Employers Union top 400 women in Switzerland list
> Business development functions at Sophia also welcome new talent, with market experts joining from Roche and Cartagenia
Sophia Genetics, the European leader in Data Driven Medicine, has today announced that Marylin Mermod Schule, previously a Deputy Director at Benjamin de Rothschild Bank, has joined the company’s management team as CFO. The company has also announced the appointment of new talent in its business development functions, with market experts joining from Roche and Cartagenia.
Marylin brings with her a wealth of experience. She joined Benjamin de Rothschild in 2006 and held several key roles in corporate finance and private equity, including the co-development of a new private equity division. She also brings a strong ‘Big 4’ accountancy background to Sophia Genetics, having specialised in external audit, transaction support and due diligence in the tech and health sectors.
“It is a testament to the strength of Sophia Genetics that we have been able to attract such experienced and knowledgeable professionals to join our team.” said Jurgi Camblong, CEO and co-founder of Sophia Genetics. “Marylin’s appointment will help us achieve our corporate objectives in a dynamic marketplace, allowing us to take advance of the numerous exciting opportunities that continue to arise. Furthermore, with our additional business development experts, I expect to see a significant uptick in Sophia’s customer acquisition rate.”
Marylin has a track record in healthcare, having held the position of CEO and CFO of the Swiss clinic La Metairie. She holds an M.S. in Finance from the HEC Lausanne School of Business and is a Swiss Certified Accountant. She is a member of the boards of MedC Partners, a medtech consulting firm and Electro-kit, an electrical equipment engineering and manufacturing firm, and a member of the Swiss Circle of Board Members, which aims at strengthening the presence of women on Executive Boards. Marylin was recently featured in the Swiss Employers Union top 400 women in Switzerland list, published April 2015.
Commenting on her appointment, Marylin Mermod Schule said: “Sophia Genetics stands out among its peers in Europe in the rapidly growing field of genetic data analysis. The growth of precision medicine and increasing public interest in the value of genetic testing mean it’s a great time to come on board. I look forward to being part of the team that brings this important medical breakthrough to a greater number of patients.”
As CFO, Marylin will support the continued success of the company, improving operations across different business units, providing strategic insight to maximize growth and navigating private and public financing opportunities. She will report in to Jurgi Camblong, CEO and co-founder.
Sophia Genetics has also appointed two market experts, joining from Roche Diagnostics and Cartagenia. They will support Sophia’s business development and partnership opportunities. Welcoming the new joiners, Jurgi Camblong said: “Sophia’s rapid growth has been made possible by the expertise and passion of our talented team, which will be enhanced by our most recent hires. It is great to welcome new joiners from renowned companies – especially as, through their knowledge of the market, they have chosen to join Sophia and believe that what we provide constitutes best in class technology in the field.”
The new hires join Sophia Genetics as the company signs deals in new markets, including Spain, Turkey, Israel and Poland. Sophia is now working with 60 Hospitals and private labs, and is on track to meet its end of year strategic objective of delivering services to 100 institutional clients.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Sophia Genetics (Group)
-  Horizon Discovery Group plc. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Horizon Discovery Partners with Sophia Genetics on NGS Reference Standards for Oncology Applications". Lausanne & Cambridge....
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Sophia Genetics Partners with Swift Biosciences to Offer Combined Solution for Molecular Diagnostics in Europe". Lausanne & Ann Arbor, MI....
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: The Paoli-Calmettes Institute (IPC) in Marseille Becomes the First Next Generation Sequencing Lab Certified in France for the Molecular Diagnosis, Thanks to a New Collaboration with Sophia Genetics". Lausan...
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (1/25/16). "Press Release: Sophia Genetics Expands to a New R&D Facility in Campus Biotech to Meet Demand for Genomic Analysis and Testing". Lausanne....
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (1/19/16). "Press Release: Belgian Hospitals Gain Advanced Analytics for Cancer and Congenital Diseases". Lausanne....
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (12/16/15). "Press Release: Marc Coucke Leads Series C Round in Sophia Genetics". Lausanne....
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (11/26/15). "Press Release: Sophia Genetics Reaches Milestone to Become the Global Leader in Precision Medicine, Connecting over 100 hospitals and Laboratories to Form the World’s Largest Clinical Genomics Community for Molecular Di...
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (9/25/15). "Press Release: Welcome to Our 11 New Partners !"....
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (7/29/15). "Press Release: Game Changing Partnership between Sophia Genetics and Genycell Biotech to Dramatically Expand Patients’ Access to Genetic Diagnosis in the Iberian Peninsula". Lausanne....
-  Sophia Genetics S.A.. (7/16/15). "Press Release: Cutting Edge Spanish Genetic Laboratories Join Data Driven Medicine European Movement". Lausanne....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)