Document › Details
Roche. (3/19/15). "Press Release: Roche Announces Global Distribution Agreement for Its Biochemical Reagents Product Portfolio with Sigma-Aldrich". Pleasanton, CA.
|Organisation||Roche Molecular Diagnostics (RMD)|
|Organisation 2||Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (Nasdaq: SIAL)|
|Group||Merck (DE) (Group)|
|Product 2||PCR reagents|
|Index term||Sigma-Aldrich–Roche: biochemical reagents, 201503– distribution ww excl of Roche biochemical reagents portfolio|
|Person||Brown, Paul (Roche 201103 Head Roche Molecular Diagnostics)|
|Person 2||Green, Eric (Sigma-Aldrich 200604)|
Sigma-Aldrich’s supply chain and eCommerce strength will allow broader availability and accessibility of products to customers
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today a global distribution agreement for its Biochemical Reagents product portfolio with Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ: SIAL). These products include kits and enzymes for cellular analysis, proteomics and conventional PCR applications. Under the terms of the agreement, Sigma-Aldrich will acquire exclusive rights for worldwide distribution of these products. Roche remains the legal manufacturer of the products.
“With this agreement, we are able to provide more customers with access to high-quality Roche Biochemical Reagents products through Sigma-Aldrich’s expanded eCommerce and distribution networks,” said Paul Brown, Head of Roche Molecular Diagnostics. “In addition, this will allow us the flexibility to devote more resources in our focus areas.”
"Sigma-Aldrich is excited to offer the global scientific community access to Roche’s leading portfolio of scientific tools and reagents. The addition of these life science tools supports our strategy to augment our portfolio with products that accelerate customer scientific research programs,” said Eric Green, Executive Vice President and President, Sigma-Aldrich Research.“We look forward to working with Roche in this relationship.”
Transition of the Roche portfolio to Sigma-Aldrich is expected to take place in 2015. In the interim, these products will continue to be available through existing Roche channels.
For more information, visit www.lifescience.roche.com or www.sigma-aldrich.com.
Sigma-Aldrich, a leading Life Science and Technology company focused on enhancing human health and safety, manufactures and distributes 250,000 chemicals, biochemicals and other essential products to more than 1.4 million customers globally in research and applied labs as well as in industrial and commercial markets. With three distinct business units - Research, Applied and SAFC Commercial - Sigma-Aldrich is committed to enabling science to improve the quality of life. The Company operates in 37 countries, has approximately 9,300 employees worldwide and had sales of $2.79 billion in 2014. For more information about Sigma-Aldrich, please visit its website at www.sigma-aldrich.com.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. Twenty-four medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
In 2014, the Roche Group employed 88,500 people worldwide, invested 8.9 billion Swiss francs in R&D and posted sales of 47.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (1/23/17). "Press Release: Roche Enters a New Era in Haematology Testing, with the Launch of the New cobas m 511 Analyser". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/9/17). "Press Release: FDA Grants Roche’s Cancer Immunotherapy Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Priority Review in Additional Type of Advanced Bladder cancer". Basel....
-  Novimmune S.A.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Novimmune Grants Genentech an Exclusive Option to License NI-0101, its anti-TLR4 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis". Geneva....
-  Merck KGaA. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Merck Expands Distribution Agreement with Roche". Darmstadt....
-  Roche. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Roche Launches imCORE, a Global Network of Cancer Immunotherapy Centers of Excellence". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/12/16). "Press Release: Phase III GiACTA Study Shows Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra Is Superior to Steroids Alone in Maintaining Steroid-free Remission for People with Giant Cell Arteritis". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Roche Showcases New Clinical Data across a Variety of Blood Diseases at American Society of Hematology 2016 Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Roche to Present New Data on Medicines for Autoimmune Diseases and Severe Inflammatory Disorders at the 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Arix Bioscience plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Arix Bioscience Appoints Dr Franz B. Humer as Senior Independent Director". London....
-  Roche. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Good Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)