Document › Details
Siemens Healthcare. (6/17/13). "Press Release: Siemens to Create Companion Diagnostic Test for In-development Janssen Heart Failure Drug".
|Organisation||Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics GmbH|
|Organisation 2||Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (B)|
|Group||Johnson & Johnson (JnJ) (Group)|
|Product||companion diagnostic test|
|Product 2||cardiovascular drug|
|Person||Reitermann, Michael (Siemens 201306 CEO of Siemens Healthcare Diagnsotics before President Molecular Imaging)|
Today, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics announces its entrance into a collaboration with Janssen Pharmaceutica NV to design, develop and commercialize a companion diagnostic test associated with an early-stage compound being developed by Janssen. This compound targets autoantibodies directed against the human ß1-adrenergic receptor (ß1-AR) that may contribute to the development of heart failure.
Under the agreement, Siemens will work with Janssen to design immunoassay-based companion diagnostic tests for use in Janssen's clinical studies. The Siemens Clinical Laboratory (SCL), an innovative and high-complexity testing laboratory designed to advance personalized medicine, will develop the clinical trial assay that will be used in Janssen's clinical trials. In parallel, Siemens will develop and validate an in vitro diagnostic test as a companion diagnostic for the Janssen therapeutic product. The companion diagnostic test will be broadly commercialized on Siemens' central laboratory automated immunoassay systems.
Heart failure is generally a progressive disease characterized by the heart muscle's inability to adequately pump oxygenated blood through the body. An estimated 23 million people around the world have been diagnosed with heart failure, a number that is projected to increase.¹ For most causes of heart failure, there is no known cure.
"Our relationship with Janssen marks an important next step in Siemens' personalized medicine strategy," said Michael Reitermann, CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics. "As a leading clinical diagnostics company, with the tools and technologies to help define the future of patient care, we are looking forward to collaborating with Janssen and extending their position in cardiac therapies."
Contact for journalists:
Siemens Healthcare Media Relations
Gian Sachdev, phone: +1 508-660-4721
¹Cleland JG, Khand A, Clark A. The heart failure epidemic: exactly how big is it? Eur Heart J 2001;22:623-6.
Launched in November 2011, "Agenda 2013" is the initiative of the Siemens Healthcare Sector to further strengthen its innovative power and competitiveness. Specific measures, which will be implemented by the end of 2013, have been defined in four fields of action: innovation, competitiveness, regional footprint, and people development.
The Siemens Healthcare Sector is one of the world's largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a trendsetter in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, medical information technology and hearing aids. Siemens offers its customers products and solutions for the entire range of patient care from a single source - from prevention and early detection to diagnosis, and on to treatment and aftercare. By optimizing clinical workflows for the most common diseases, Siemens also makes healthcare faster, better and more cost-effective. Siemens Healthcare employs some 51,000 employees worldwide and operates around the world. In fiscal year 2012 (to September 30), the Sector posted revenue of 13.6 billion euros and profit of around 1.8 billion euros. For further information please visit: www.siemens.com/healthcare
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Siemens (Group)
-  Curetis N.V.. (11/18/16). "Press Release: Curetis Publishes Business and Financial Update for the First Nine Months 2016". Amsterdam & Holzgerlingen....
-  Curetis N.V.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Curetis Acquires Patents and Rights to Genetic Antibiotic Resistance and Susceptibility (GEAR) Database and Know-How from Siemens". Amsterdam & Holzgerlingen....
-  NEO New Oncology AG. (5/17/16). "Press Release: Siemens Enters Field of Molecular Services for Oncology. Siemens Healthcare GmbH Acquires NEO New Oncology AG". Erlangen....
-  NEO New Oncology AG. (11/25/15). "Press Release: NEO New Oncology AG’s Blood Test NEOliquid Finds Targeted Therapy for Cancer Patient". Cologne....
-  NEO New Oncology AG. (11/17/15). "Press Release: NEO New Oncology AG Launches Liquid Biopsy Test »NEOliquid« for Comprehensive Cancer Diagnostics From a Single Blood Sample". Cologne....
-  NEO New Oncology AG. (11/4/15). "Press Release: NOWEL Network Established for the Optimal Care of Lung Cancer Patients in Northern Germany". Oldenburg, Hamburg & Cologne....
-  NEO New Oncology AG. (11/4/15). "Press Release: NEO New Oncology AG Begins Clinical Study on Molecular Diagnostics for Lung Cancer Patients". Cologne....
-  NEO New Oncology AG. (10/9/15). "Press Release: NEO New Oncology AG Closes Financing Round". Cologne....
-  Bruker Corporation. (8/7/15). "Press Release: Bruker Names Dr. Hermann Requardt to Board of Directors. Former CEO of Siemens Healthcare Brings Broad Executive Experience to Board". Billerica, MA....
-  Curetis AG. (5/11/15). "Press Release: Curetis Strengthens Executive Team – Appoints Dr. Achim Plum as Chief Commercial Officer". Holzgerlingen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)