Document › Details
Selexis S.A.. (5/20/15). "Press Release: Merus and Selexis Receive a €2.1 Million Grant for Single Cell Line Manufacturing of a Bispecific Antibody Combination to Treat Colorectal Cancer". Geneva.
|Region||EU (European Union)|
|Organisation 2||Merus B.V.|
|Product||SUREtechnology Platform™ (Selexis)|
|Product 2||Oligoclonics™ technology|
|Index term||Merus–Selexis: antibody cancer drug, 201505– collab combining Oligoclonics + SUREtechnology to develop bispecific antibody drugs for colorectal cancer|
|Person||Fisch, Igor (Selexis 201008 CEO + co-founder)|
|Person 2||Throsby, Mark (Merus BV 201303 COO)|
Merus B.V., a leader in developing best-in-class bispecific antibody therapeutics to treat cancer patients and Selexis SA a serial innovation company with proven technologies for biologics drug discovery and Research Cell Bank (RCB) development, today announced the award of the EUREKA Eurostars grant “BiSECT” with a total budget of €2.1 million to develop bispecific antibody combination products for the treatment of colorectal cancer.
In the program, Merus and Selexis will combine their unique and proprietary Oligoclonics® and SUREtechnology™ platforms respectively to develop a product combining two bispecific full length IgG antibodies that simultaneously targets and potently inhibits three receptor tyrosine kinases. The lead Oligoclonics® candidate was discovered as part of a previous EUREKA program and will be produced from a single manufacturing cell line developed by Selexis.
“Combining drugs is at the heart of therapeutic approaches to cancer”, says Mark Throsby, CSO of Merus. “Bispecific antibody combinations have potency and targeting advantages that provide the basis for improved anti-cancer therapies. With the best-in-class RCB generation capabilities of Selexis on board, the existing knowledge and infrastructure for the manufacturing of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies is optimally leveraged. This collaboration represents an important step towards affordable combination therapies for cancer.”
“The unique SUREtechnology Platform™ based on a proprietary cell line will deliver an unprecedented timeline from transfection to RCB in just 12 weeks,” said Dr. Igor Fisch, CEO of Selexis SA. “With our optimized off-the-shelf CHO media and feeds, we will maximize expression of the bispecific antibody combinations generated from Merus’ Oligoclonics® platform. This will save the project substantial cost and time and facilitate a more rapid delivery of innovative therapeutics to cancer patients”
Eurostars is a programme that supports research-performing small and medium enterprises, which develop innovative products, processes and services, to gain competitive advantage. Eurostars does this by providing funding for transnational innovation projects. The Eurostars programme is publicly financed with a total budget of 1.14 billion euro and is currently supported by 34 EUREKA countries and the European Union.
About Merus B.V.
Merus is a Dutch biotechnology company developing cancer therapeutics based on human bispecific antibodies. Merus’ bispecific antibodies have the robust and proven full-length IgG format, they are manufactured using industry standard processes and have predictable in vivo behavior such as long half-life and low immunogenicity. Merus has two lead programs in development, MCLA-128 for the treatment of HER2 expressing solid tumors, and MCLA-117 for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome. The company is also developing a broad pipeline of preclinical programs in immuno-oncology using its unique technology platforms. Please visit www.merus.nl.
About Selexis SA
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, Selexis SA is a global life science company with innovative technologies for biologic drug discovery, mammalian cell line development and scale-up to manufacturing of recombinant therapeutic proteins. With the Company’s SUREtechnology Platform™ biopharmaceutical companies can significantly reduce the time, effort, and costs associated with developing high-performance mammalian cell lines for the production of monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) and other recombinant proteins including difficult-to-express proteins such as plasma proteins, GPCRs and non-natural proteins such as fusion proteins. Selexis generated cell lines are being used in a variety of programs from drug discovery to late-stage clinical trials.
For more information:
- Web www.selexis.com
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/selexis-sa
- Twitter www.twitter.com/SelexisSA
- Facebook www.facebook.com/SelexisSA
Media Inquiries for Merus:
Dr. Ludger Wess or Ines-Regina Buth
Tel. +49 (0)40 88 16 59 64 / +49 (0)30 2363 2768
Company Inquiries for Merus:
S. Margetson - s.margetson(at)merus.nl
3584CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Media Inquires for Selexis
Head, Corporate Communications
Tel. +1 602 953 1717
Company Inquiries for Selexis:
Marco Bocci, PhD, DPharm
Vice President, European Licensing and Business Development
Tel. +41 22 308 93 26
Record changed: 2016-04-23
More documents for Selexis (Group)
-  OSE Immunotherapeutics S.A.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Selexis SA and OSE Immunotherapeutics Collaborate to Advance Development of Immunotherapies for Cancer and Autoimmune Diseases". Geneva & Nantes....
-  Selexis S.A.. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Selexis and Xencor Enter Strategic Agreement, Strengthening Existing Relationship for Multi-Specific Antibody Cell Line Development". Geneva....
-  Selexis S.A.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Selexis SA Inks Commercial Cell Line License Agreement with ImmuNext, Inc. for Anti-CD40L Antibody Being Developed for Treatment of Chronic Autoimmune Disorders". Geneva....
-  Selexis S.A.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Selexis SA Announces Participation at Two Upcoming Industry Conferences". Geneva....
-  Selexis S.A.. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Selexis SA and IAVI Expand Collaboration to Advance Multiple HIV Vaccine Candidates Toward Clinical Testing". Geneva....
-  Selexis S.A.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Selexis SA Enters into Commercial Cell Line License Agreement with Pieris Pharmaceuticals for Immuno-Oncology Bispecific Drug Candidate". Geneva....
-  Selexis S.A.. (7/27/16). "Press Release: Aslan Pharmaceuticals Enters Service Agreement with Selexis SA for Development of a Proprietary Cell Line for Expression of ASLAN004". Geneva & Singapore....
-  Selexis S.A.. (7/7/16). "Press Release: Turgut Ilaclari A.S. and Selexis SA Sign Service and Commercial Agreements to Progress Development of Biosimilar Products". Geneva....
-  Selexis S.A.. (6/29/16). "Press Release: Symphogen A/S Advances Sym015 into Clinical Development Using Selexis SGEs (Selexis Genetic Elements)". Geneva....
-  Selexis S.A.. (6/21/16). "Press Release: Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Signs Commercial License Agreement with Selexis SA for Use of Proprietary Cell Line and SUREtechnology Platform". Geneva....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)