Document › Details
Evotec AG. (3/13/15). "Press Release: Second Genome and Evotec to Collaborate in Microbiome Discovery and Development". Hamburg.
|Organisation 2||Second Genome Inc.|
|Product 2||small-molecule drug|
|Person||Dohrmann, Cord (Evotec 201009– CSO before 10y at DeveloGen incl CSO + CEO)|
|Person 2||Iyer, Mohan (Second Genome 201503 CBO)|
Evotec AG (Frankfurt Stock Exchange: EVT, TecDAX, ISIN: DE0005664809) and Second Genome, Inc. today announced a collaboration in small molecule-based discovery and development activities for the treatment of microbiome-mediated diseases. The collaboration comprises the identification and optimisation of novel compounds as well as licence agreements for already existing assets developed by Evotec. Second Genome's unique approach to identify and modulate microbiome-mediated pathways will be further enhanced by the use and the results of Evotec's integrated drug discovery platform.
As part of the collaboration, Second Genome and Evotec will work together to screen microbiome-mediated targets of interest identified by the Second Genome microbiome discovery platform with Evotec's technology platform, chemical libraries and other pre-clinical capabilities. The agreement between Evotec and Second Genome triggers an undisclosed upfront payment. Evotec is also eligible for pre-clinical, clinical and regulatory milestones as well as royalty payments related to commercialisation.
Dr Cord Dohrmann, Chief Scientific Officer of Evotec, commented: "We are pleased to contribute to Second Genome's unique approach to treat microbiome-mediated diseases in the body with a particular emphasis on the gut. The enrichment and maturation of Second Genome's project portfolio through our contributions will enhance the Company's clinical pipeline in the near future."
Mohan Iyer, Chief Business Officer of Second Genome, added: "The partnership with Evotec allows us efficiently to translate our unique microbiome discovery platform efficiently into tangible drug molecules for clinical development. Our enriched pipeline offers new treatment approaches for patients across a wide range of diseases with an initial focus on inflammatory conditions. We look forward to a sustained partnership with Evotec."
Further financial terms were not disclosed.
ABOUT SECOND GENOME
Second Genome's mission is to transform lives with medicines developed through innovative microbiome science. Second Genome has built a novel platform for microbiome drug discovery and is engaged in active programmes in multiple areas of significant unmet medical need Please visit www.secondgenome.com for more information.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS - Information set forth in this press release contains forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements contained herein represent the judgement of Evotec as of the date of this report. Such forward-looking statements are neither promises nor guarantees, but are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control, and which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in these forward-looking statements. We expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any such statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Record changed: 2017-04-02
More documents for Evotec (Group)
-  Evotec AG. (4/5/17). "Press Release: Evotec Achieves First Milestone in Diabetes Alliance with Sanofi". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (3/28/17). "Press Release: Evotec Fiscal Year Results 2016. Leading Innovation Efficiency and First-in-class Drug Discovery". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (3/23/17). "Press Release: Evotec to Attend Three Upcoming Investor Conferences". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (2/21/17). "Press Release: »Lab282« Awarded First Projects. Oxford University and Evotec's Drug Discovery Partnership Launched Last November to Accelerate Drugs to Market Begins Making Awards". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (2/9/17). "Press Release: Novo A/S Becomes New Long-term Strategic Shareholder in Evotec". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Evotec to Attend Three Upcoming Investor Conferences". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/19/17). "Press Release: Evotec Enters into an Integrated Drug Discovery Collaboration with Asahi Kasei Pharma (Japan)". Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/17/17). "Press Release: Evotec and MaRS Innovation Establish Strategic Partnership to Launch Fibrocor Therapeutics". Toronto, ON & Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/12/17). "Press Release: Haplogen’s Novel Antiviral Target Partnered with Evotec Published in »Nature«". Vienna, Amsterdam & Hamburg....
-  Evotec AG. (1/9/17). "Press Release: Evotec and Eternygen to Develop Novel Metabolic Disease Therapy". Hamburg....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)