Document › Details
AB Sciex. (4/17/12). "Press Release: Breakthrough Proteomics Technique SWATH Acquisition Is Made Availabble to the Worldwide Scientific Community. Data-independent SWATH Acquisition on the TripleTOF 5600 System Enables Comprehensive Proteome-wide Quantit
|Organisation||AB Sciex (Danaher)|
|Organisation 2||ETH Zürich, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology (ETHZ-IMSB)|
|Group||ETH Zürich (ETHZ)|
|Product 2||AB Sciex TripleTOF™ 5600 System|
|Index term||Danaher–ETH Zürich: mass spectrometry, 201007– collab metabolomics method development on QTRAP 5500 system|
|Person||Aebersold, Ruedi (ETH Zurich 2005c– Professor Systems Biology before Institute of Systems Biology Seattle)|
Data-independent SWATH™ Acquisition on the TripleTOF™ 5600 System enables comprehensive proteome-wide quantitation and is published in Molecular and Cellular Proteomics
Scientists at ETH Zurich, along with AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, have completed their development of MS/MSALL with SWATHTM Acquisition, a groundbreaking mass spectrometry-based proteomics technique that quantifies nearly all peptides and proteins in a sample from a single analysis. The method was published this year in Molecular and Cellular Proteomics.
Liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) is widely used by proteomics researchers, but current methods do not provide the speed, quantitative accuracy, specificity, sensitivity and reproducibility that are needed to produce complete and quantitative proteome maps of biological systems. For the first time, SWATHTM Acquisition uses a data-independent MS/MS acquisition method to systematically generate complete, high-specificity fragment ion maps that can be queried for the presence and quantity of any protein of interest using a targeted data analysis strategy.
The new method depends on an advanced hybrid quadrupole-time of flight mass spectrometer, the AB SCIEX TripleTOFTM 5600 System. The unique combination of high resolution, mass accuracy and ultra-high MS/MS spectral acquisition rates mean it is the only mass spectrometer on which the method can be performed efficiently. SWATHTM Acquisition with the TripleTOF 5600 System, an extension of the AB SCIEX MS/MSALL functionality, will soon be commercially available and has been developed as part of a collaboration between AB SCIEX and Dr. Ruedi Aebersold and his team at ETH Zurich.
"SWATHTM Acquisition allows us to explore multiplexed MS/MS datasets to a level that was not possible with traditional clustering or database approaches," said Ruedi Aebersold, Ph.D., Professor, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) "By collaborating with AB SCIEX to develop the technique on the TripleTOFTM 5600, we have made this breakthrough method available for proteomics researchers to conduct comprehensive quantitation on the entire proteome."
The technique generates highly specific fragment ion data for all precursors within the monitored range. Unlike traditional acquisition approaches, this technique does not rely on precursor ion mass detection to trigger MS/MS acquisition. Instead, it systematically fragments all components of a sample through a rapidly moving selection window.
From the resulting data, several high resolution fragment ion chromatograms for each peptide of interest can be extracted to collectively identify the targeted peptide, as in selected or multiple reaction monitoring (SRM/MRM). Working with ion libraries from public sources such as MRMAtlas, or generated in-house through database search software such as ProteinPilotTM Software, researchers can interrogate the dataset over and over again for quantitative data on peptides/proteins of interest. The technique provides a complete qualitative and quantitative archive of the sample and can be retrospectively interrogated in silico as new hypotheses are developed.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service & support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery & development, food & environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Kate Whelan, Notch Communications
+44 161 359 3255
Record changed: 2012-04-27
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  AB Sciex. (1/28/14). "Press Release: Halal Meat Authenticity Testing Reassures Consumers of No Pig or Horse Contamination. New LC/MS/MS-based Meat Speciation Method". Framingham, MA....
-  Kreatech Diagnostics. (7/8/13). "Press Release: Leica Biosystems Acquires Kreatech Diagnostics". Newcastle-upon-Tyne & Amsterdam....
-  Leica Biosystems. (7/1/13). "Press Release: Leica Biosystems Unveils the Long-awaited Aperio AT2 – Its Highest Throughput Image Capture Device". Vista, CA....
-  Genedata AG. (6/27/13). "Press Release: AB Sciex, Genedata & Leco Announce Partnership for New Cross-platform Metabolomics Data Analysis Solution". Basel....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (5/23/13). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Dr. Klaus Lun to the Management Board". Männedorf....
-  AB Sciex. (5/13/13). "Press Release: Scientists Flock to Berlin for the AB Sciex 5th Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium featuring the MASStastic Voyage Mobile Laboratory"....
-  Leica Microsystems AG. (4/23/13). "Press Release: Leica Microsystems and Leica Biosystems Strengthen Market Position in Brazil. Long-standing Leica Distributors Aotec Have Been Acquired". Wetzlar & São Paulo....
-  AB Sciex. (3/14/13). "Press Release: AB Sciex Announces 5th Berliner LC/MS/MS Symposium, April 9th, Berlin". Darmstadt....
-  Leica Biosystems. (3/12/13). "Press Release: Leica Biosystems and Synthon Biopharmaceuticals Partner to Develop a Companion Diagnostic Program for Targeted Cancer Therapies". Newcastle Upon Tyne....
-  Leica Biosystems. (3/6/13). "Press Release: Leica Biosystems and Dell Enable Access to Pathology Images between China and the U.S.". Vista, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)