Document › Details
AB Sciex. (4/17/12). "Press Release: Breakthrough Proteomics Technique SWATH Acquisition Is Made Availabble to the Worldwide Scientific Community. Data-independent SWATH Acquisition on the TripleTOF 5600 System Enables Comprehensive Proteome-wide Quantit
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||ETH Zürich, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology (ETHZ-IMSB)|
|Group||ETH Zürich (ETHZ)|
|Product 2||AB Sciex TripleTOF™ 5600 System|
|Index term||Danaher–ETH Zürich: mass spectrometry, 201007– collab metabolomics method development on QTRAP 5500 system|
|Person||Aebersold, Ruedi (ETH Zurich 2005c– Professor Systems Biology before Institute of Systems Biology Seattle)|
|Person 2||Whelan, Kate (Notch Communications 201108 COO)|
Data-independent SWATH™ Acquisition on the TripleTOF™ 5600 System enables comprehensive proteome-wide quantitation and is published in Molecular and Cellular Proteomics
Scientists at ETH Zurich, along with AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, have completed their development of MS/MSALL with SWATHTM Acquisition, a groundbreaking mass spectrometry-based proteomics technique that quantifies nearly all peptides and proteins in a sample from a single analysis. The method was published this year in Molecular and Cellular Proteomics.
Liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) is widely used by proteomics researchers, but current methods do not provide the speed, quantitative accuracy, specificity, sensitivity and reproducibility that are needed to produce complete and quantitative proteome maps of biological systems. For the first time, SWATHTM Acquisition uses a data-independent MS/MS acquisition method to systematically generate complete, high-specificity fragment ion maps that can be queried for the presence and quantity of any protein of interest using a targeted data analysis strategy.
The new method depends on an advanced hybrid quadrupole-time of flight mass spectrometer, the AB SCIEX TripleTOFTM 5600 System. The unique combination of high resolution, mass accuracy and ultra-high MS/MS spectral acquisition rates mean it is the only mass spectrometer on which the method can be performed efficiently. SWATHTM Acquisition with the TripleTOF 5600 System, an extension of the AB SCIEX MS/MSALL functionality, will soon be commercially available and has been developed as part of a collaboration between AB SCIEX and Dr. Ruedi Aebersold and his team at ETH Zurich.
"SWATHTM Acquisition allows us to explore multiplexed MS/MS datasets to a level that was not possible with traditional clustering or database approaches," said Ruedi Aebersold, Ph.D., Professor, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) "By collaborating with AB SCIEX to develop the technique on the TripleTOFTM 5600, we have made this breakthrough method available for proteomics researchers to conduct comprehensive quantitation on the entire proteome."
The technique generates highly specific fragment ion data for all precursors within the monitored range. Unlike traditional acquisition approaches, this technique does not rely on precursor ion mass detection to trigger MS/MS acquisition. Instead, it systematically fragments all components of a sample through a rapidly moving selection window.
From the resulting data, several high resolution fragment ion chromatograms for each peptide of interest can be extracted to collectively identify the targeted peptide, as in selected or multiple reaction monitoring (SRM/MRM). Working with ion libraries from public sources such as MRMAtlas, or generated in-house through database search software such as ProteinPilotTM Software, researchers can interrogate the dataset over and over again for quantitative data on peptides/proteins of interest. The technique provides a complete qualitative and quantitative archive of the sample and can be retrospectively interrogated in silico as new hypotheses are developed.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service & support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery & development, food & environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Kate Whelan, Notch Communications
+44 161 359 3255
Record changed: 2012-04-27
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/28/15). "Press Release: Sciex Partners with University of Manchester to Develop Biomarker Discovery Centre and Multi-Omics Centre for Precision Medicine". Framingham, MA....
-  Leica Microsystems AG. (8/11/15). "Press Release: Markus Lusser is New President of Leica Microsystems". Wetzlar....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (7/22/15). "Press Release: New Method Addresses the Need for Increased Sensitivity in Halal Meat Authentication to Support Halal Certifications". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (4/27/15). "Press Release: Experts in Pharma, Clinical Research, Omics, Environmental and Food Testing Meet for SCIEX’s 6th LC-MS/MS Symposium in Berlin". Darmstadt....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (3/2/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Labor Berlin Collaboration to Advance Forensic Testing". Framingham, MA & Darmstadt....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/11/14). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition Of Nobel Biocare". Washington, D.C.....
-  AB Sciex. (11/13/14). "Press Release: Germany’s Swimming Professor Chooses AB Sciex QTRAP Technology for Ground-breaking Rhine River Water Decontamination". Darmstadt....
-  AB Sciex. (10/2/14). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Illumina Collaborate to Create World’s First Multi-omics Cloud-computing Environment. Integration of SWATH Apps with BaseSpace". Framingham, MA & San Diego, CA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (9/15/14). "Press Release: Danaher to Acquire Nobel Biocare Holding AG for CHF 17.10 per Share". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (7/17/14). "Press Release: Danaher Reports Record Second Quarter 2014 Results". Washington, D.C.....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)