Document › Details
Scienion AG. (10/6/11). "Press Release: Scienion Remains Independent. Acquisition Agreement with SQI Diagnostics Terminated". Dortmund & Berlin.
|Organisation 2||SQI Diagnostics Inc.|
|Product||automated liquid handling technology|
|Product 2||microarray, medical diagnostics|
|Index term||Scienion–SQI Diagnostics: investment, 201107–201110 NOT REALISED acquisition CDN$15m in cash + 735k common shares of SQI|
|Person||Eickhoff, Holger (Scienion 200012–201008– CEO + co-founder)|
SCIENION AG today announced that the planned acquisition by Canadian SQI Diagnostics Inc. will not be realized. The share purchase agreement was terminated.
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS RESTRICTION MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF U.S. SECURITIES LAW.
Dr. Holger Eickhoff, CEO of Scienion AG, stated: "Due to the current situation at the capital markets SQI was not able to raise the capital necessary for the acquisition of Scienion. However, we are still convinced that the technologies of Scienion and SQI fit together very well. Scienion and SQI are currently evaluating a variety of partnering structures allowing the two companies to develop sales opportunities of mutual interest that combine their complementary technologies to solve customer needs for turn-key microarray assays and automated platform solutions.
The planned deal was an interesting option but now we will keep our autonomy as an independent company and continue in doing our successful and profitable business. The company is well-positioned and Scienion's products, services and expertise are much in demand. This year's business is ahead of schedule and we are preparing for major expansion particularly in our key markets."
Scienion AG provides systems and services for the contact-free printing of biological and chemical agents for diagnostics, pharmaceutics, veterinary, plant and food analytics and research. Addressing the dynamically increasing needs for miniaturization and multiplex analyses, Scienion offers a unique technology portfolio that has been consequently expanded over one decade. Scienion provides flexible solutions for research and development whereas solutions for production purposes are rather customized. Systems and software are characterized by its versatility, precision and robustness. The company is a renowned specialist for ultra low volume liquid handling, particularly for the handling of precious and sensitive compounds of biological or chemical origin. Scienion's dispensers allow for contact-free and precise drop spotting in the pico- to nano-liter range and are optimally suited for microarray based analytics - as for tests with DNA, oligonucleotides, peptides, proteins, antibodies, glycans or for dispensing cells onto various carriers.
The company operates from two sites, Dortmund and Berlin.
Holger Eickhoff, CEO
Phone +49 (0)30 - 6392 1700
Fax: +49 (0)30 - 6392 1701
Phone +49 (0)30 - 6392 1700
Fax: +49 (0)30 - 6392 1701
Record changed: 2011-12-29
More documents for Scienion (Group)
-  Scienion AG. (11/13/13). "Press Release: Scienion Introduces Line Dispenser for Membrane Materials with Full Drop Formation Control at Medica 2013". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (10/17/13). "Newsletter: sciNews 2013 // Issue 04"....
-  Scienion AG. (9/6/13). "Press Release: MicroAcqua – a 12 Party Consortium Drives the Development of a Microarray for a Rapid, Inexpensive and Effienct Testing for Waterborne Pathogens". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (7/8/13). "Press Release: BioVendor Benefits from Using Scienion’s Integrated Product Portfolio for Developing and Producing Immunoassays". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (3/25/13). "Press Release: Scienion and Innopsys Agree on a Joint Product Offering for Reverse Phase Protein Arrays. Added Value for Customers Combining Technologies of both Companies into a Complete Assay Solution". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (2/4/13). "Press Release: Scienion’s sciFlexarrayer Used for Cantilever Biosensor Production of Madrid-based Bionanomechanics Lab in Collaboration with Mecwins". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (12/11/12). "Press Release: Scienion’s sciFlexarrayer Used for the Production of Anagnostics’ Integrated Sepsis Testing Products". Dortmund & St. Valentin....
-  Scienion AG. (11/5/12). "Press Release: Joint Technologies – Scienion and Genomica Expand Collaboration to Provide Innovative Printing Technology for Multiple Applications. Companies Jointly Present at Medica, November 14–17, 2012, in Düsseldorf". Berlin...
-  Scienion AG. (9/19/12). "Press Release: Genalyte Teams with Scienion to Provide sciFlexarrayer Dispensers for Its Maverick Detection Platform and Launches Custom Chip Spotting Services". San Diego, CA & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (9/10/12). "Press Release: Scienion to Partner with Maine Manufacturing for Marketing FAST Slide Products". Dortmund & Berlin....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)