Document › Details
Scienion AG. (10/6/11). "Press Release: Scienion Remains Independent. Acquisition Agreement with SQI Diagnostics Terminated". Dortmund & Berlin.
|Organisation 2||SQI Diagnostics Inc.|
|Product||automated liquid handling technology|
|Product 2||microarray, medical diagnostics|
|Index term||Scienion–SQI Diagnostics: investment, 201107–201110 NOT REALISED acquisition CDN$15m in cash + 735k common shares of SQI|
|Person||Eickhoff, Holger (Scienion 200012–201008– CEO + co-founder)|
SCIENION AG today announced that the planned acquisition by Canadian SQI Diagnostics Inc. will not be realized. The share purchase agreement was terminated.
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS RESTRICTION MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF U.S. SECURITIES LAW.
Dr. Holger Eickhoff, CEO of Scienion AG, stated: "Due to the current situation at the capital markets SQI was not able to raise the capital necessary for the acquisition of Scienion. However, we are still convinced that the technologies of Scienion and SQI fit together very well. Scienion and SQI are currently evaluating a variety of partnering structures allowing the two companies to develop sales opportunities of mutual interest that combine their complementary technologies to solve customer needs for turn-key microarray assays and automated platform solutions.
The planned deal was an interesting option but now we will keep our autonomy as an independent company and continue in doing our successful and profitable business. The company is well-positioned and Scienion's products, services and expertise are much in demand. This year's business is ahead of schedule and we are preparing for major expansion particularly in our key markets."
Scienion AG provides systems and services for the contact-free printing of biological and chemical agents for diagnostics, pharmaceutics, veterinary, plant and food analytics and research. Addressing the dynamically increasing needs for miniaturization and multiplex analyses, Scienion offers a unique technology portfolio that has been consequently expanded over one decade. Scienion provides flexible solutions for research and development whereas solutions for production purposes are rather customized. Systems and software are characterized by its versatility, precision and robustness. The company is a renowned specialist for ultra low volume liquid handling, particularly for the handling of precious and sensitive compounds of biological or chemical origin. Scienion's dispensers allow for contact-free and precise drop spotting in the pico- to nano-liter range and are optimally suited for microarray based analytics - as for tests with DNA, oligonucleotides, peptides, proteins, antibodies, glycans or for dispensing cells onto various carriers.
The company operates from two sites, Dortmund and Berlin.
Holger Eickhoff, CEO
Phone +49 (0)30 - 6392 1700
Fax: +49 (0)30 - 6392 1701
Phone +49 (0)30 - 6392 1700
Fax: +49 (0)30 - 6392 1701
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Scienion (Group)
-  Scienion AG. (9/15/15). "Press Release: Scienion and Axxin Jointly Collaborate on an Instrument Reader System for Multiplexed Lateral Flow Microarrays". Berlin & Fairfield VIC....
-  Scienion AG. (7/24/15). "Press Release: Scienion and Anteo Partner to Develop Consumables for Better Functionality and Longer Shelf Life of Protein Microarrays". Berlin & Brisbane....
-  Scienion AG. (6/22/15). "Press Release: Scienion Introduces a Paradigm Shift in Transmission Electron Microscopy". Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (6/9/15). "Press Release: QuantuMDx and Scienion Partner to Commercialise Novel Nanowire Biosensor". Newcastle-Upon-Tyne & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Scienion US, Inc. Receives ISO 13485 Certification". Monmouth Junction, NJ....
-  Scienion AG. (10/29/14). "Press Release: Collaboration between Scienion and Genomica Results in a Novel Multiplex Based Detection Kit for the Identification and Specific Differentiation of 18 Microorganisms Causing Sexual Transmitted Infections (STIs)"....
-  Scienion AG. (10/8/14). "Press Release: The Institute for Global Food Security (IGFS), MBio Diagnostics and Scienion Create Portable Tools for Monitoring of Marine Toxins and Ensure Consumer Safety without Animal-testing". Berlin, Belfast & Boulder, CO....
-  Scienion AG. (9/24/14). "Press Release: Molecular Detection of Colon Cancer. AIT, BioVendor and Scienion Signed Cooperation Agreement for Early Detection of Colon Cancer". Vienna, Brno & Berlin....
-  RayBiotech, Inc.. (8/13/14). "Press Release: RayBiotech, Inc. to Distribute Scienion AG Arrayers and Related Products in China". Norcross, GA....
-  Scienion AG. (1/27/14). "Press Release: Award Winning Ostendum Lab-on-a-Chip Nanodevices Are Produced with Scienion’s sciFlexarrayer SX". Dortmund & Berlin....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)