Document › Details
Scienion AG. (7/18/06). "Press Release: Scienion Closes Financing Round of more than 4.5 Million Euro and Expands to Dortmund". Berlin.
Scienion AG has closed a financing round totaling more than 4.5 million Euro. The cash inflow enables the development of new technologies and thus the further expansion of the company. In order to develop these new technologies Scienion will establish a second development and production site in Dortmund and will move into new facilities in the BioMedizinZentrum Dortmund.
The investment was led by the new investors NRW.BANK and S-Venture Capital Dortmund GmbH and current VC investor Peppermint. Financial Partners. The VC Fonds Berlin of IBB Beteiligungsgesellschaft and ERP Start Fonds of Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) participated in this round together with other existing Scienion investors. Dr. Holger Eickhoff, CEO of Scienion, explains: "We will use the new capital for developing innovative technologies in the field of low level liquid handling and its various applications as we face growing needs in this market. The BioMedizinZentrum Dortmund offers attractive conditions for our expansion and that's why we build up a second development and production site here."
"We invest in Scienion because of its convincing business plan, and we are glad to get this innovative company to Nordrhein-Westfalen," says Ernst Gerlach, CEO of NRW.BANK. Dr. Joachim Rautter of Peppermint. Financial Partners adds: "Since our investment in 2001 we have accompanied Scienion's successful development and with this new round we want to accelerate this positive development. Scienion has products and plans with a high market potential in the life science sector and that is the reason why we further invest in the company."
In its first financing round in 2001, Scienion raised start financing of approximately 6 million Euro. From the beginning of operations, Scienion has generated revenues with its innovative products and services that continually show high rates of growth.
SCIENION AG is a Berlin-based life science company offering complete solutions in the field of parallel bioanalytics. Customers include pharma and biotech companies as well as academic research institutions. Founded in December 2000 as a spin-off of the Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics, the company was originally focused on biochip platform technologies. With the successful launch of the sciFLEXARRAYER dispensing system in 2003, the company´s focus has been switched to hardware.
The sciFLEXARRAYER allows the aspiration of ultra low level liquid volumes from different reservoirs and contact-free micro drop delivery in the picoliter range onto a variety of carriers. Today, Scienion represents a rapidly growing company, well positioned in the field of ultra low level liquid handling systems including applications in genomics, proteomics and high throughput.
Dr. Holger Eickhoff, CEO
Tel.: +49 (0)30 - 6392 1700
Fax: +49 (0)30 - 6392 1701
Tel. + 49 (0)30 - 6120 1081
Record changed: 2011-12-29
More documents for Scienion (Group)
-  Scienion AG. (1/27/14). "Press Release: Award Winning Ostendum Lab-on-a-Chip Nanodevices Are Produced with Scienion’s sciFlexarrayer SX". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (11/13/13). "Press Release: Scienion Introduces Line Dispenser for Membrane Materials with Full Drop Formation Control at Medica 2013". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (10/17/13). "Newsletter: sciNews 2013 // Issue 04"....
-  Scienion AG. (9/6/13). "Press Release: MicroAcqua – a 12 Party Consortium Drives the Development of a Microarray for a Rapid, Inexpensive and Effienct Testing for Waterborne Pathogens". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (7/8/13). "Press Release: BioVendor Benefits from Using Scienion’s Integrated Product Portfolio for Developing and Producing Immunoassays". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (3/25/13). "Press Release: Scienion and Innopsys Agree on a Joint Product Offering for Reverse Phase Protein Arrays. Added Value for Customers Combining Technologies of both Companies into a Complete Assay Solution". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (2/4/13). "Press Release: Scienion’s sciFlexarrayer Used for Cantilever Biosensor Production of Madrid-based Bionanomechanics Lab in Collaboration with Mecwins". Dortmund & Berlin....
-  Scienion AG. (12/11/12). "Press Release: Scienion’s sciFlexarrayer Used for the Production of Anagnostics’ Integrated Sepsis Testing Products". Dortmund & St. Valentin....
-  Scienion AG. (11/5/12). "Press Release: Joint Technologies – Scienion and Genomica Expand Collaboration to Provide Innovative Printing Technology for Multiple Applications. Companies Jointly Present at Medica, November 14–17, 2012, in Düsseldorf". Berlin...
-  Scienion AG. (9/19/12). "Press Release: Genalyte Teams with Scienion to Provide sciFlexarrayer Dispensers for Its Maverick Detection Platform and Launches Custom Chip Spotting Services". San Diego, CA & Berlin....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)