Document › Details
Roche. (3/3/15). "Press Release: Roche Annual General Meeting 2015. Shareholders Approve All Proposals by the Board of Directors ". Basel.
> Richard P. Lifton and Bernard Poussot elected as new Board members
> 28th consecutive dividend increase
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today that its Ordinary Annual General Meeting has voted in favour of all of the Board of Directors’ proposals. The 801 shareholders in attendance, representing 86.9% of the total of 160,000,000 shares, approved the Annual Report, the Financial Statements and the Consolidated Financial Statements for 2014.
Dr Christoph Franz was re-elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors, with 99.98% of the vote. Professor Richard P. Lifton and Bernhard Poussot were elected as new members of the Board of Directors, with 99.99% and 99.99% of the vote respectively.
Christoph Franz, Chairman of the Board of Directors: “With its clear strategic focus on innovative medicines and diagnostics, Roche is outstandingly well positioned for the future. I am delighted that we were able to elect Bernard Poussot and Professor Richard Lifton as new members of the Board of Directors. These two individuals bring significant experience from their careers in the pharmaceutical industry and in biomedical research, respectively.”
Severin Schwan, CEO: “Both Roche divisions prevailed last year once again in a challenging market environment. With over 60 new molecular entities in clinical development and a number of significant product launches in Diagnostics, we have one of the strongest product pipelines in the industry.”
Shareholders also authorised the ratification of the Board of Directors’ actions. In addition, they voted in favour of a 3% increase in the gross dividend for the past financial year to 8.00 Swiss francs per share and non-voting equity. This is the 28th consecutive increase.
Shareholders approved the total amount of the bonuses paid to the Corporate Executive Committee for 2014 by a 99.75 % majority of the votes represented, and the total amount of the bonuses paid to the current and former Chairman of the Board of Directors for 2014 by a 99.69% majority of the votes represented. They also approved the maximum total amount of the future remuneration of the Board of Directors and Corporate Executive Committee until the 2016 Ordinary Annual General Meeting by 99.74% and 99.73% majorities of the votes represented respectively.
In addition to Christoph Franz, all other Board members standing for re-election were re-elected for a term of one year:
Mr André Hoffmann
Prof. Pius Baschera
Prof. Sir John Bell
Mr Paul Bulcke
Dame DeAnne Julius
Dr Andreas Oeri
Dr Severin Schwan
Mr Peter R. Voser
Prof. Beatrice Weder di Mauro
The following Board members were elected to the Remuneration Committee:
Dr Christoph Franz
Mr André Hoffmann
Mr Bernard Poussot
Mr Peter R. Voser
KPMG AG was elected as external auditor for fiscal 2015 and BDO AG was elected as independent voting proxy until the conclusion of the next regular AGM in 2016.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. Twenty-four medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organisation Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
In 2014 the Roche Group employed over 88,500 people worldwide, invested 8.9 billion Swiss francs in R&D and posted sales of 47.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit www.roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned are protected by law.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (1/23/17). "Press Release: Roche Enters a New Era in Haematology Testing, with the Launch of the New cobas m 511 Analyser". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/9/17). "Press Release: FDA Grants Roche’s Cancer Immunotherapy Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Priority Review in Additional Type of Advanced Bladder cancer". Basel....
-  Novimmune S.A.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Novimmune Grants Genentech an Exclusive Option to License NI-0101, its anti-TLR4 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis". Geneva....
-  Merck KGaA. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Merck Expands Distribution Agreement with Roche". Darmstadt....
-  Roche. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Roche Launches imCORE, a Global Network of Cancer Immunotherapy Centers of Excellence". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/12/16). "Press Release: Phase III GiACTA Study Shows Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra Is Superior to Steroids Alone in Maintaining Steroid-free Remission for People with Giant Cell Arteritis". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Roche Showcases New Clinical Data across a Variety of Blood Diseases at American Society of Hematology 2016 Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Roche to Present New Data on Medicines for Autoimmune Diseases and Severe Inflammatory Disorders at the 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Arix Bioscience plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Arix Bioscience Appoints Dr Franz B. Humer as Senior Independent Director". London....
-  Roche. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Good Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)