Document › Details
Roche. (12/5/11). "Press Release: Roche Acquires Verum Diagnostica GmbH as Part of Plan to Develop Comprehensive Coagulation Testing Portfolio for Diagnostic Laboratories". Indianapolis, IN.
|Organisation 2||Verum Diagnostica GmbH|
|Today||Dynabyte Informationssysteme GmbH|
|Product 2||blood test|
|Index term||Dynabyte Informationssysteme–Roche: investment, 201112 acquisition of Verum Diagnstica GmbH for €11m in cash + €2m milestones|
|Person||Brown, Colin (Roche 201112 Head of Roche Professional Diagnostics)|
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today that it has signed an agreement under which it will acquire 100 percent of Verum Diagnostica GmbH, based in Munich, Germany. Verum Diagnostica is a leading company in platelet function testing, the fastest-growing field in the coagulation diagnostics market.
The acquisition supports plans Roche announced in October to expand its coagulation testing product line in North America beyond physician offices and outpatient clinics with the development of a full line of coagulation analyzers for hospital and reference laboratories. The new line is expected to be introduced in the U.S. and Canada in 2014, subject to regulatory approval and other requirements.
"Improving the assessment of a patient's platelet function status is currently a significant unmet need for hematologists, cardiologists and anesthetists in order to support clinical decisions in cardiology, surgery and intensive care," said Colin Brown, Head of Roche Professional Diagnostics. "With this acquisition we gain an innovative and unique platelet function testing solution which has the potential to set new standards of patient care in this area and perfectly complements our new coagulation portfolio." Coagulation diagnostics has become an important area in clinical diagnostics and Roche has already begun to make significant investments in this field.
Under the terms of the acquisition agreement, Roche will pay Verum Diagnostica shareholders a total cash consideration of eleven million euros, and potentially a further two million euros contingent upon reaching certain performance-related milestones. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in January 2012.
Laboratory coagulation is estimated to be the fifth-largest market in professional diagnostics worldwide, representing approximately 1.3 billion USD in sales in 2010 and having a projected annual growth rate of 5.1% over the next five years. Platelet function testing represents an unmet medical need and has the potential to expand the available market significantly.
About Verum Diagnostica
Verum Diagnostica GmbH is a 100 percent subsidiary of Dynabyte Informationssysteme GmbH, developing, producing and marketing the Multiplate analyzer, test cells and reagents for the determination of platelet function in whole blood for use in hospital laboratories and near-patient settings, such as interventional cardiology, surgery and intensive care. Operating globally in more than 45 countries, the company is based in the biotech cluster and academic center of Munich, Germany, and closely cooperates with an extensive network of clinical partners. Verum Diagnostica will become part of Roche's Professional Diagnostics business area.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, virology, inflammation, metabolism and CNS. Roche is also the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics, tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a pioneer in diabetes management. Roche's personalized healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2010, Roche had over 80,000 employees worldwide and invested over 9 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 47.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche has a majority stake in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information: www.roche.com or www.roche-diagnostics.us.
All trademarks mentioned in this release are protected by law.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Corporate Communications
Roche Diagnostics Corporation
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Associate Manager, Communications
Roche Diagnostics Canada
Laval, Quebec, Canada
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (1/23/17). "Press Release: Roche Enters a New Era in Haematology Testing, with the Launch of the New cobas m 511 Analyser". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/9/17). "Press Release: FDA Grants Roche’s Cancer Immunotherapy Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Priority Review in Additional Type of Advanced Bladder cancer". Basel....
-  Novimmune S.A.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Novimmune Grants Genentech an Exclusive Option to License NI-0101, its anti-TLR4 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis". Geneva....
-  Merck KGaA. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Merck Expands Distribution Agreement with Roche". Darmstadt....
-  Roche. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Roche Launches imCORE, a Global Network of Cancer Immunotherapy Centers of Excellence". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/12/16). "Press Release: Phase III GiACTA Study Shows Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra Is Superior to Steroids Alone in Maintaining Steroid-free Remission for People with Giant Cell Arteritis". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Roche Showcases New Clinical Data across a Variety of Blood Diseases at American Society of Hematology 2016 Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Roche to Present New Data on Medicines for Autoimmune Diseases and Severe Inflammatory Disorders at the 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Arix Bioscience plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Arix Bioscience Appoints Dr Franz B. Humer as Senior Independent Director". London....
-  Roche. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Good Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)