Document › Details
Roche. (2/9/15). "Press Release: Roche Acquires Signature Diagnostics to Advance Translational Research for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Diagnostics". Pleasanton, CA.
|Organisation||Roche Diagnostics (Group Division)|
|Organisation 2||Signature Diagnostics AG|
|Today||Signature Diagnostics GmbH|
|Product 2||cancer test, molecular diagnostics|
|Index term||Signature Diagnostics–Roche: investment, 201502 acquisition of SDx by Roche|
|Person||Diggelmann, Roland (Roche 201209– COO of Roche Diagnostics before Head Asia-Pacific Region for Roche Dx)|
|Person 2||Rosenthal, André (Signature Diagnostics 200503)|
Roche will leverage Signature’s unique expertise in both biobanks and NGS assays to develop novel diagnostics for cancer patients
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today the acquisition of Signature Diagnostics AG (Signature), a privately held company based in Potsdam, Germany. Signature is a translational oncology and genomics company that develops large blood plasma and tissue biobanks in multiple cancers, including colorectal and lung, which are constructed from multicenter prospective clinical studies. Signature uses the samples from its biobanks along with accompanying clinical progression and genetic data to develop and validate circulating cell free DNA (cfDNA) tests1 which have the potential to advance non-invasive treatment response monitoring for patients with cancer.
“Biobanks play an important role in uncovering the cause or origin of disease such as cancer which is important in translational research and the development of personalized therapies for patients,” said Roland Diggelmann, COO, Roche Diagnostics. “Signature represents a unique bridge between high value cancer biobanks and NGS assay development. Roche plans to leverage Signature’s expertise in both of these areas to accelerate the development of targeted NGS-based diagnostics in the future. Biobanks can also be used for biomarker discovery and hypothesis testing with Pharma.”
“We are very pleased Roche recognizes the importance of high-quality longitudinal cancer biobanks for the development of novel NGS-based diagnostics,” says André Rosenthal, Ph.D. and CEO of Signature. “Joining forces with Roche is very exciting as it will allow us to further develop our NGS assays for sequencing tests using cfDNA which may advance the development of non-invasive treatment response monitoring for cancer patients.”
Signature will be integrated into Roche Sequencing Unit and will continue to focus on expanding its innovative genomic signature portfolio.
Signature Diagnostics AG is a translational oncology and genomics company based in Potsdam, Germany. Founded in 2004, Signature develops large tumor tissue and plasma biobanks in multiple cancers, including colorectal and lung cancer in the framework of large multicenter prospective clinical studies. A key aspect of the translational oncology work is Signature's biobanks with longitudinal plasma samples from cancer patients. The company also develops several next generation sequencing (NGS) assays using targeted gene panels1. Signature has expertise in developing ultra-deep sequencing tests utilizing cfDNA, which may advance the development of non-invasive treatment response monitoring for cancer patients.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. Twenty-four medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
In 2014, the Roche Group employed 88,500 people worldwide, invested 8.9 billion Swiss francs in R&D and posted sales of 47.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
1 Signature products are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (1/23/17). "Press Release: Roche Enters a New Era in Haematology Testing, with the Launch of the New cobas m 511 Analyser". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/9/17). "Press Release: FDA Grants Roche’s Cancer Immunotherapy Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Priority Review in Additional Type of Advanced Bladder cancer". Basel....
-  Novimmune S.A.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Novimmune Grants Genentech an Exclusive Option to License NI-0101, its anti-TLR4 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis". Geneva....
-  Merck KGaA. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Merck Expands Distribution Agreement with Roche". Darmstadt....
-  Roche. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Roche Launches imCORE, a Global Network of Cancer Immunotherapy Centers of Excellence". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/12/16). "Press Release: Phase III GiACTA Study Shows Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra Is Superior to Steroids Alone in Maintaining Steroid-free Remission for People with Giant Cell Arteritis". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Roche Showcases New Clinical Data across a Variety of Blood Diseases at American Society of Hematology 2016 Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Roche to Present New Data on Medicines for Autoimmune Diseases and Severe Inflammatory Disorders at the 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Arix Bioscience plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Arix Bioscience Appoints Dr Franz B. Humer as Senior Independent Director". London....
-  Roche. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Good Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)