Document › Details
Roche. (3/16/09). "Press Release: Roche Acquires Innovatis AG to Complement Its Product Portfolio in the Rapidly Growing Area of Cellular Analytics". Basel.
|Organisation 2||Roche (Group)|
|Product||cell analysis technology|
|Product 2||xCELLigence System|
|Index term||Ventizz–Roche: investment, 200903– acquisition of Innovatis AG from Ventizz €15m|
|Person||Schwiezer, Jürgen (Roche Diagnostics GmbH –200605– designated CEO Division Roche Diagnostics 200801)|
|Person 2||Grohmann, Michael (Innovatis 200903 Managing Director)|
Roche today announced that it has signed a definite agreement under which Roche will acquire 100% of innovatis, a privately held company based in Bielefeld, Germany. innovatis is a leading provider of automated cell analysis solutions, especially focussing on cell counting, viability testing, and cell function analysis in research, as well as bioproduction. The purchase price for this transaction is 15 million Euros.
"This acquisition is a further step in our strategy to strengthen our position as a complete solution provider in the cell analysis research market,” said Dr. Jürgen Schwiezer, CEO Division Roche Diagnostics. “Innovatis’ technology will complement the existing Roche cell analysis portfolio and is synergistic to the xCELLigence technology launched in 2008.”
Michael Grohmann, Managing Director of the innovatis AG stated: “Roche has been one of our key customers for many years, in particular since the successful development of our cell analysis technology over 10 years ago. The innovatis technology is very well placed for future growth as part of Roche Applied Science.”
Innovatis will become a fully-integrated part of Roche Applied Science, a global business area of the Diagnostic Division of Roche. The company will continue to develop and market products for cell analysis through Roche Applied Science’s extensive worldwide network. The transaction is expected to be completed within the next few weeks, subject to shareholder approval and regulatory clearance.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups in the fields of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. As the world’s biggest biotech company and an innovator of products and services for the early detection, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, the Group contributes on a broad range of fronts to improving people’s health and quality of life. Roche is the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics and drugs for cancer and transplantation, and is a market leader in virology. It is also active in other major therapeutic areas such as autoimmune diseases, inflammatory and metabolic disorders and diseases of the central nervous system. In 2008 sales by the Pharmaceuticals Division totaled 36.0 billion Swiss francs, and the Diagnostics Division posted sales of 9.7 billion Swiss francs. Roche has R&D agreements and strategic alliances with numerous partners, including majority ownership interests in Genentech and Chugai, and invested nearly 9 billion Swiss francs in R&D in 2008. Worldwide, the Group employs about 80,000 people. Additional information is available on the Internet at www.roche.com.
In the 1990s, a team of specialists from the scientific and the IT fields in Bielefeld, Germany developed the first fully automated cell counting system. This product soon afterwards revolutionized the market as it replaced manual cell counting in many laboratories in the pharmaceutical industry. The foundation stone was laid for the successful business development of innovatis AG. Today, many years later, this motto still applies to innovatis – the meaning, however, is no longer just applicable to cell counting. In the meantime, innovatis’ comprehensive consulting competence counts more to customers than the original product.
For more information about innovatis, please visit the company’s website at www.innovatis.com.
Innovatis AG is fully-owned by two private equity funds that are exclusively advised by VENTIZZ Capital Partners Advisory AG (“VENTIZZ”). Close Brothers acted as the exclusive financial advisor to Ventizz Capital Partners on this transaction.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
Record changed: 2016-06-02
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (1/23/17). "Press Release: Roche Enters a New Era in Haematology Testing, with the Launch of the New cobas m 511 Analyser". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/9/17). "Press Release: FDA Grants Roche’s Cancer Immunotherapy Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Priority Review in Additional Type of Advanced Bladder cancer". Basel....
-  Novimmune S.A.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Novimmune Grants Genentech an Exclusive Option to License NI-0101, its anti-TLR4 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis". Geneva....
-  Merck KGaA. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Merck Expands Distribution Agreement with Roche". Darmstadt....
-  Roche. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Roche Launches imCORE, a Global Network of Cancer Immunotherapy Centers of Excellence". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/12/16). "Press Release: Phase III GiACTA Study Shows Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra Is Superior to Steroids Alone in Maintaining Steroid-free Remission for People with Giant Cell Arteritis". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Roche Showcases New Clinical Data across a Variety of Blood Diseases at American Society of Hematology 2016 Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Roche to Present New Data on Medicines for Autoimmune Diseases and Severe Inflammatory Disorders at the 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Arix Bioscience plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Arix Bioscience Appoints Dr Franz B. Humer as Senior Independent Director". London....
-  Roche. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Good Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)