Document › Details
Roche. (4/13/15). "Press Release: Roche Strengthens Oncology Translational Research Pipeline by Acquiring CAPP Medical". Pleasanton, CA.
|Organisation||CAPP Medical (US)|
|Organisation 2||Roche (Group)|
|Product 2||cancer test|
|Index term||CAPP Medical–Roche: investment, 201504 acquisition by Roche|
|Person||Krishnamurthi, Ashok (CAPP Medical 210504 CEO)|
|Person 2||Diggelmann, Roland (Roche 201209– COO of Roche Diagnostics before Head Asia-Pacific Region for Roche Dx)|
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced it has acquired CAPP Medical, a genomics research company founded by Stanford University oncologists and industry veterans, to advance the development of technology for cancer screening and monitoring through the detection of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) in blood. CAPP Medical's novel technology1 is designed to isolate and quantify small amounts of ctDNA through a simple blood draw, which has the potential to be used for cancer therapy selection and monitoring tumor response and resistance to therapy.
"Roche believes focused and high quality next generation sequencing (NGS) assays using simple blood draws have the potential to significantly advance the time of cancer diagnosis and change routine cancer diagnostic monitoring and may be highly cost effective compared to today's current standard of using PET and CT imaging to monitor tumor progression," said Roland Diggelmann COO Roche Diagnostics. "CAPP Medical's technology for detecting the circulating cancer DNA from blood has the potential to further strengthen Roche's diagnostic offerings for patients and will provide valuable clinical trial support for Pharma oncology pipelines."
"This acquisition highlights Roche's commitment to advancing cancer testing," said Ashok Krishnamurthi, CEO of CAPP Medical. "We strongly believe Roche is the best suited company to advance this technology and bring it to its full potential."
About CAPP Medical
CAPP Medical is a privately held company located in Palo Alto, CA, founded in October 2013. CAPP Medical is developing disruptive liquid non-invasive cancer detection technology using next generation DNA sequencing. Its technology allows for sensitivity and specificity without the need for patient specific optimizations. At the core of CAPP Medical's technology is the assay design and the bioinformatics that allow for the detection of multiple mutations with a single assay. This results in rapid cancer detection technology that may provide actionable results to clinicians, accelerate oncology drug development, is complimentary to existing modalities and is cost effective and scalable.
1 CAPP Medical technology is for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. Twenty-four medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
In 2014, the Roche Group employed 88,500 people worldwide, invested 8.9 billion Swiss francs in R&D and posted sales of 47.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
Roche Sequencing Media Relations
Head of Corporate Communications
Phone: +1 520.468.9145
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Roche (Group)
-  Roche. (1/23/17). "Press Release: Roche Enters a New Era in Haematology Testing, with the Launch of the New cobas m 511 Analyser". Basel....
-  Roche. (1/9/17). "Press Release: FDA Grants Roche’s Cancer Immunotherapy Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Priority Review in Additional Type of Advanced Bladder cancer". Basel....
-  Novimmune S.A.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Novimmune Grants Genentech an Exclusive Option to License NI-0101, its anti-TLR4 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis". Geneva....
-  Merck KGaA. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Merck Expands Distribution Agreement with Roche". Darmstadt....
-  Roche. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Roche Launches imCORE, a Global Network of Cancer Immunotherapy Centers of Excellence". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/12/16). "Press Release: Phase III GiACTA Study Shows Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra Is Superior to Steroids Alone in Maintaining Steroid-free Remission for People with Giant Cell Arteritis". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Roche Showcases New Clinical Data across a Variety of Blood Diseases at American Society of Hematology 2016 Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Roche. (11/2/16). "Press Release: Roche to Present New Data on Medicines for Autoimmune Diseases and Severe Inflammatory Disorders at the 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting". Basel....
-  Arix Bioscience plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Arix Bioscience Appoints Dr Franz B. Humer as Senior Independent Director". London....
-  Roche. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Roche Delivers Good Sales Growth in the First Nine Months of 2016". Basel....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)