Document › Details
Protagen AG. (4/28/15). "Press Release: NavigAID SLE – Protagen Zooms into the Micro Cosmos of Autoimmune Disease".
|Organisation 2||BioStrata Ltd.|
|Product||NavigAID SLE patient stratification array|
|Person||Kirschbaum, Bernhard (Merck Serono 200809 Executive VP Research)|
|Person 2||Müllner, Stefan (Protagen –201610 CEO RESIGNED 10/16)|
PROTAGEN AG, a company dedicated to the development of powerful diagnostic tools to address some of the most severe autoimmune diseases, has today launched NavigAID SLE, a patient stratification array, to support Pharma and Biotech companies with their Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) drug development efforts.
The Protagen SeroTag® process helps to understand complex autoimmune diseases on a molecular basis. Utilizing this diagnostic magnifying glass Protagen has developed NavigAID SLE, which allows the separation and definition of patient subgroups and increases the probability of success in SLE therapy and drug development. Worldwide, approximately 5 million patients are affected by this severe autoimmune disease. Recent clinical developments in SLE have focused especially on inhibiting the activation of autoreactive B-cells thereby reducing autoantibody production.
Former Merck Serono Executive and Protagen Board Member, Bernd Kirschbaum explains: “With the exception of Benlysta, approval for novel drugs for SLE therapy is far behind other autoimmune diseases including Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and Multiple Sclerosis (MS). One major hurdle may be the observed patient heterogeneity. In order to develop effective and curative therapies it is pivotal to define homogeneous disease subgroups in SLE patients, and the new NavigAID SLE does exactly this.” Stefan Müllner adds, “Our innovative diagnostic technology for the first time separates and defines subgroups in SLE, as such it enables new approaches to successful drug development and should be integrated in any SLE clinical development program.”
About NavigAID SLE
SLE is an autoimmune disease with a range of clinical manifestations and a huge medical and diagnostic need. Yet, with the exception of Benlysta, no new drug has been approved for SLE by the FDA in 50 years, and several hurdles for successful SLE drug development exist.
The Protagen NavigAID SLE was specifically developed to address the critical challenges in the clinical development of novel drugs for SLE with the simple measurement of serum biomarkers. As such, it enables specific differential diagnosis, state-of-the-art disease activity assessment and type-I Interferon signature comparison plus a novel, unique disease stratification approach that will be beneficial to any new SLE clinical program. Furthermore, it has the potential to provide the basis for treatment specific companion diagnostics (CDx).
About Protagen – Diagnostics Differentiated
Protagen AG, headquartered in Dortmund, Germany, specializes in the development of novel diagnostic and companion diagnostic tests to provide better and earlier diagnosis of autoimmune diseases.
Protagen uses its proprietary SeroTag® biomarker platform to identify disease specific autoantibodies and is on target to become the leading provider of autoimmune diagnostic products, specifically targeting diseases with an unmet need for effective diagnostics. With pioneering bioscience techniques, extensive scientific expertise and a broad patent portfolio, Protagen works to develop its own diagnostic pipeline and partners with other organizations to develop and implement new companion diagnostic tools for better personalized treatment strategies.
Dr. Stefan Müllner
T +49 231 9742 6300
Dr. Clare Russell
T +44 1223 828200
M +44 7812 343412
Record changed: 2017-04-02
More documents for Protagen (Group)
-  Protagen AG. (2/2/17). "Press Release: Protagen AG Join Forces with the U.S. National Cancer Institute to Answer Pressing Questions in Immuno-oncology"....
-  Protagen AG. (1/17/17). "Press Release: The German National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) Heidelberg and Protagen AG Investigate Responsiveness to Checkpoint Inhibitors in Melanoma"....
-  Protagen AG. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Protagen AG Successfully Joined Forces with Novartis to Support Clinical Development of a Novel Compound in an Autoimmune Indication"....
-  Protagen AG. (12/13/16). "Press Release: Protagen Launches NavigAID Assay to Support Clinical Drug Development for Autoimmune Diseases"....
-  Protagen AG. (10/18/16). "Press Release: Protagen AG Announces Changes to Their Management Board"....
-  Protagen AG. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Protagen Inks License Agreement with Inova Diagnostics for Its Proprietary BICD2 Biomarker"....
-  Protagen AG. (7/20/16). "Press Release: Protagen AG Appoints Bernhard Kirschbaum as New Chairman and Oliver Schacht as New Board Member"....
-  Protagen AG. (6/15/16). "Press Release: Protagen Announces CE Mark for Its Proprietary Multilisa BICD2 Test for Better Diagnosis of Systemic Sclerosis"....
-  Protagen AG. (5/31/16). "Press Release: Protagen Launches First CE Marked Diagnostic Assays Multilisa CENP-B and Scl-70 for the Diagnosis of Systemic Sclerosis"....
-  Protagen AG. (2/11/16). "Press Release: Novel Route to Serum Based Prostate Cancer Diagnostics"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)