Document › Details
ProBioGen AG. (5/5/09). "Press Release: Oxford-Emergent Tuberculosis Consortium Signs Commercial License Agreement with ProBioGen to Explore Production of MVA85A TB Vaccine Candidate Using AGE1.CR.pIX Cell Line". Oxford, Rockville, MD & Berlin.
|Product||AGE1.CR duck cell line|
|Person||Schlenk, Michael (Curasan 201410– Executive Board Director before Centogene + ProBioGen)|
MVA85A is the most clinically advanced of a new generation of TB vaccines under development
The Oxford-Emergent Tuberculosis Consortium Ltd., a joint venture between the University of Oxford and Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE:EBS), announced today the signing of a commercial license agreement with ProBioGen, to evaluate large scale commercial production capabilities for MVA85A, the Consortium’s promising new TB vaccine candidate.
Under the commercial agreement, the Consortium will explore production of MVA85A using the ProBioGen proprietary AGE1.CR.pIX® cell line, which was developed to replace chicken embryonic fibroblasts (CEF) and chicken eggs as production substrates for vaccines.
“We are pleased that the Oxford-Emergent Tuberculosis Consortium is able to work with ProBioGen to evaluate production of MVA85A, the most clinically advanced TB vaccine candidate,” said Fuad El-Hibri, chairman and chief executive officer of Emergent BioSolutions. “This agreement represents a step forward in addressing an unmet medical need and is a sign of progress that supports our company mission – to protect life.”
“ProBioGen is well positioned to provide the Oxford-Emergent Tuberculosis Consortium an innovative solution to produce their MVA-based, clinically advanced vaccine” said Michael Schlenk, chief executive officer of ProBioGen. “Our proprietary AGE1.CR.pIX® cell line that we have developed in cooperation with our partner IDT Biologics is a new state-of-the-art technology that provides outstanding productivity and the highest level of characterization.”
The Consortium recently announced the commencement of a Phase IIb clinical trial to evaluate MVA85A in approximately 2,784 children less than one year of age in South Africa. It is expected that the trial will generate important safety, immunogenicity and preliminary efficacy data about the vaccine candidate.
The commercial license includes an upfront payment to ProBioGen as well as development milestone payments and royalties on future sales of the TB candidate.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Minapharm (Group)
-  ProBioGen AG. (6/1/16). "Press Release: Merus N.V. Signs Commercial Multi-Product License for ProBioGen’s GlymaxX ADCC Enhancement Technology". Berlin & Utrecht....
-  ProBioGen AG. (5/18/16). "Press Release: ProBioGen Will License GlymaxX to Thermo Fisher Scientific for Use in Developing Allergy Diagnostics". Berlin & Freiburg....
-  ProBioGen AG. (4/19/16). "Press Release: ProBioGen and Eucodis Sign Agreement to Commercialize C-LiNK, a Novel Antibody Drug Conjugation Technology". Berlin & Vienna....
-  ProBioGen AG. (10/14/15). "Press Release: Zymeworks Contracts ProBioGen for Bi-specific GlymaxX Antibody Cell Line Development. Cancer Antibody with Enhanced ADCC Potency to Be Produced". Berlin & Vancouver, BC....
-  ProBioGen AG. (10/1/15). "Press Release: ProBioGen Inks Another Commercial GlymaxX License and Contract Manufacturing Service Agreement on Immuno-oncology Antibody". Berlin & South San Francisco, CA....
-  ProBioGen AG. (6/2/15). "Press Release: Anti-Ebola MVA Vaccine Produced on ProBioGen’s Avian AGE1.CR Cell Line Platform in Clinical Trials". Berlin....
-  ProBioGen AG. (9/9/14). "Press Release: 20 Years ProBioGen – Invests €20 Million in Mammalian Manufacturing Expansion". Berlin....
-  ProBioGen AG. (3/4/14). "Press Release: ProBioGen and Merus Sign Deal on GlymaxX ADCC Enhancement Technology". Berlin & Utrecht....
-  ProBioGen AG. (12/17/13). "Press Release: ProBioGen Announces Expansion of Commercial Licenses with Emergent BioSolutions for AGEL.CR Viral Vaccine Manufacturing Production Platform". Berlin....
-  ProBioGen AG. (11/12/12). "Press Release: ProBioGen Launches Unique Portfolio of Engineered High-performance Cell Lines for Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing". Berlin....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)