Document › Details
Pieris AG. (12/11/14). "Press Release: Pieris Initiates Phase I Clinical Trial for Anticalin to Treat Anemia". Freising.
|Organisation 2||EUROCALIN Consortium (FP7 201110–)|
|Product||PRS-080 (Anticalin hepcidin antagonist)|
|Product 2||clinical research|
|Person||Yoder, Stephen S. (Steve) (Pieris 201001– CEO before MorphoSys Head Licensing + IP)|
|Person 2||Schweitzer, Gretchen (MacDougall 201307 European Office)|
Pieris AG announced today the initiation of a Phase I clinical trial with PRS-080, an anti-hepcidin Anticalin® therapeutic protein designed to treat anemia. The trial is a placebo-controlled, single ascending dose evaluation of the compound's safety and tolerability in healthy volunteers. Conducted in Germany, the trial is underway and patients from the first cohort have been dosed.
"Underpinned by a six million Euro grant from the European Commission, this Phase I clinical trial will bring PRS-080 one step closer to patients not adequately responding to current anemia therapy, while also providing more clinical validation for the Anticalin drug class," stated Stephen Yoder, CEO of Pieris. "By addressing a biomarker-rich pathway such as iron mobilization, we plan to evaluate the potential of this intervention even in early clinical studies."
The trial will enroll approximately 48 healthy volunteers, of whom 36 are expected to receive PRS-080. Subjects will be monitored for the compound's safety and tolerability. Pieris expects to report Phase I data before the end of 2015.
PRS-080 is a fully proprietary Anticalin program that sequesters hepcidin, typically regarded as the master negative regulator of iron metabolism. With a pharmacokinetic profile tuned to remove hepcidin in line with target turnover dynamics, PRS-080 is intended to optimally mobilize iron trapped in iron storage cells, particularly in anemic patients characterized with functional iron deficiency. Funded by the EC FP7 health program grant GA-No. 278408, this program is supported by the EUROCALIN consortium, led by Pieris. Details of the consortium's charter can be found at www.eurocalin-fp7.eu.
Pieris is an independent, clinical-staged biotechnology company advancing its proprietary Anticalin® technology to create differentiated drugs that are safer and more effective than conventional approaches. Exclusive to Pieris, Anticalins promise to address high-unmet medical needs and expand the potential of targeted therapeutics. The company currently has a diverse proprietary pipeline and has ongoing R&D collaborations with Daiichi Sankyo, the Sanofi Group, Zydus Cadila, Stelis Biopharma and Allergan. www.pieris.com.
Additional information is available at www.pieris.com.
Anticalin®, Anticalins® are registered trademarks of Pieris.
For more information, please contact:
Stephen Yoder, CEO
+49 (0) 8161 1411 400
+49 172 861 8540
+49 89 2424 3495
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Pieris (Group)
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (3/1/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Cowen and Company 37th Annual Health Care Conference on March 6th at 4:40 pm EST". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Pieris Signs 1st Partnership for Anemia Drug PRS-080, Granting Exclusive Option in Japan to ASKA Pharmaceutical". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Bio CEO Investor Conference on February 13th at 1:30 pm EST". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: Pieris Announces Management Transition". Boston, MA....
-  McDermott Will & Emery. (1/9/17). "Press Release: McDermott Will & Emery Advised Servier in Its Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance with Pieris Pharmaceuticals". Paris....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals and Servier Forge Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance". Boston, MA & Suresnes....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Claude Knopf as Chief Business Officer". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Reports Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2016". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Receive GLP Tox Milestone Payment in Daiichi Sankyo Collaboration". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Christopher Kiritsy to Its Board of Directors". Boston, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)