Document › Details
Pieris AG. (12/1/14). "Press Release: Pieris Achieves Second Preclinical Milestone Payment in Sanofi Collaboration". Freising.
|Organisation 2||Sanofi S.A. (EURONEXT: SAN, NYSE: SNY)|
|Group||Sanofi (Group) [since May 2011]|
|Product||Anticalin® therapeutic protein|
|Product 2||drug discovery|
|Person||Yoder, Stephen S. (Steve) (Pieris 201001– CEO before MorphoSys Head Licensing + IP)|
|Person 2||Schweitzer, Gretchen (MacDougall 201307 European Office)|
Pieris AG announced the successful handover of a multispecific Anticalin® preclinical drug candidate from Pieris to Sanofi, who will be responsible for further development of the program, triggering an undisclosed payment to Pieris. The decision to advance the program is based on a positive review of a broad range of in vitro, in vivo and CMC data for the program. The multispecific polypeptide, comprising several unique Anticalins in one protein, is able to simultaneously engage several therapeutic targets.
"The Sanofi collaboration continues to push the Anticalin technology to new heights, and we're extremely proud to have built such a unique molecule with excellent drug-like properties," commented Stephen Yoder, CEO of Pieris. "Programs such as this one herald the differentiating power of our proprietary technology."
This program stems from the parties' R&D collaboration originally entered into in 2010, which involved an upfront payment to Pieris of EUR 3.5 million, committed research funding and payments for the achievement of research, preclinical, regulatory and commercial milestones. For this program, Pieris stands to receive up to EUR 26.5 million in development milestones for the first therapeutic application and EUR 18 million in commercial milestones, plus tiered royalties. Pieris would receive further milestones if Sanofi develops the program in multiple therapeutic applications.
Anticalins are therapeutic proteins derived from human lipocalins, rationally engineered to solve for the pharmacological and pharmaceutical limitations of both protein- and non-protein-based drug platforms.
Pieris AG is an independent, clinical-staged biotechnology company advancing its proprietary Anticalin® technology to create differentiated drugs that are safer and more effective than conventional approaches. Exclusive to Pieris, Anticalins promise to address high-unmet medical needs and expand the potential of targeted therapeutics. The company currently has a diverse proprietary pipeline and has ongoing R&D collaborations with Daiichi Sankyo, the Sanofi Group, Zydus Cadila, Stelis Biopharma and Allergan. Privately held, Pieris has been funded by premier biotechnology-focused venture capital, including lead investors OrbiMed Advisors and Global Life Science Ventures. www.pieris.com.
For more information, please contact:
+49 (0) 8161 1411 400
+49 172 861 8540
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Pieris (Group)
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (3/1/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Cowen and Company 37th Annual Health Care Conference on March 6th at 4:40 pm EST". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Pieris Signs 1st Partnership for Anemia Drug PRS-080, Granting Exclusive Option in Japan to ASKA Pharmaceutical". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Bio CEO Investor Conference on February 13th at 1:30 pm EST". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: Pieris Announces Management Transition". Boston, MA....
-  McDermott Will & Emery. (1/9/17). "Press Release: McDermott Will & Emery Advised Servier in Its Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance with Pieris Pharmaceuticals". Paris....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals and Servier Forge Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance". Boston, MA & Suresnes....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Claude Knopf as Chief Business Officer". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Reports Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2016". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Receive GLP Tox Milestone Payment in Daiichi Sankyo Collaboration". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Christopher Kiritsy to Its Board of Directors". Boston, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)