Document › Details
Pieris AG. (1/13/14). "Press Release: Pieris Achieves Fourth Milestone Payment in Daiichi Sankyo Collaboration to Develop Anticalin Therapeutics". Freising.
|Organisation 2||Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd. (TSE: 4568.JP)|
|Group||Daiichi Sankyo (Group)|
|Product||Anticalin® therapeutic protein|
|Product 2||drug development|
|Person||Yoder, Stephen S. (Steve) (Pieris 201001– CEO before MorphoSys Head Licensing + IP)|
Pieris AG has achieved the third milestone for its lead Anticalin® program with Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited (hereinafter Daiichi Sankyo; headquartered in Chuo Ward, Tokyo, TSE 4568), triggering an undisclosed payment, the company announced today. This milestone marks in total the fourth milestone achieved for the parties' two R&D collaborative projects. Specifically, the milestone achieved was the progression of an Anticalin drug candidate through a non-GLP toxicity study in non-human primates. In 2013, Pieris transferred the program to Daiichi Sankyo, which successfully carried out this study.
"This milestone is a very meaningful step towards the clinic for yet another Anticalin therapeutic, and the speed with which Daiichi Sankyo is advancing the program demonstrates their commitment and the straightforward development pathway for Anticalins," Stephen Yoder, CEO of Pieris stated. "As our collaborations continue to bear fruit and partnered drug candidates mature, milestone income increasingly will become a material component of Pieris' source of capital."
Under the terms of the 2011 agreement, Pieris receives committed research funding and payments for the achievement of research, preclinical, regulatory and commercial milestones. The partnership could encompass for Pieris more than € 100 million per program in license fees, funding and milestones, not including royalties on sales from marketed Anticalin proteins resulting from the collaboration. Daiichi Sankyo will have exclusive marketing rights worldwide for all such products.
Anticalins are therapeutic proteins derived from human lipocalins, rationally engineered to solve for the pharmacological and pharmaceutical limitations of both protein- and non-protein-based drug platforms.
About Daiichi Sankyo
The Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical products to address the diversified, unmet medical needs of patients in both mature and emerging markets. While maintaining its portfolio of marketed pharmaceuticals for hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and bacterial infections, the Group is engaged in the development of treatments for thrombotic disorders and focused on the discovery of novel oncology and cardiovascular-metabolic therapies. Furthermore, the Daiichi Sankyo Group has created a "Hybrid Business Model," which will respond to market and customer diversity and optimise growth opportunities across the value chain. For more information, please visit: www.daiichisankyo.com.
Pieris AG is an independent, clinical-staged biotechnology company advancing its proprietary Anticalin® technology to create differentiated drugs that are safer and more effective than conventional approaches. Exclusive to Pieris, Anticalins promise to address high-unmet medical needs and expand the potential of targeted therapeutics. The company currently has a diverse proprietary pipeline and has ongoing R&D collaborations with Daiichi Sankyo, the Sanofi Group, Zydus Cadila, Stelis Biopharma and Allergan. Privately held, Pieris has been funded by premier biotechnology-focused venture capital, including lead investors OrbiMed Advisors and Global Life Science Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.pieris-ag.com.
For more information, please contact:
Stephen Yoder, CEO
+49 (0) 8181 1411 400
+49 172 861 8540
Additional information is available at www.pieris-ag.com.
Anticalin®, Anticalins® are registered trademarks of Pieris AG.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Pieris (Group)
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (3/1/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Cowen and Company 37th Annual Health Care Conference on March 6th at 4:40 pm EST". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Pieris Signs 1st Partnership for Anemia Drug PRS-080, Granting Exclusive Option in Japan to ASKA Pharmaceutical". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Bio CEO Investor Conference on February 13th at 1:30 pm EST". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: Pieris Announces Management Transition". Boston, MA....
-  McDermott Will & Emery. (1/9/17). "Press Release: McDermott Will & Emery Advised Servier in Its Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance with Pieris Pharmaceuticals". Paris....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals and Servier Forge Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance". Boston, MA & Suresnes....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Claude Knopf as Chief Business Officer". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Reports Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2016". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Receive GLP Tox Milestone Payment in Daiichi Sankyo Collaboration". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Christopher Kiritsy to Its Board of Directors". Boston, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)