Document › Details
Pieris AG. (9/28/10). "Press Release: Pieris Signs Broad Collaboration with Sanofi-Aventis and Sanofi Pasteur to Develop Anticalin Therapeutics". Freising-Weihenstephan.
|Organisation 2||Sanofi-Aventis (Group)|
|Group||Sanofi (Group) [since May 2011]|
|Product||Anticalin® therapeutic protein|
|Product 2||drug discovery services|
|Index term||Sanofi-Aventis–Pieris: Anticalin technology, 201010– collab discovery + license ww Anticalins for Sanofi targets €3.5m upfront + milestones+royalties|
|Person||Yoder, Stephen S. (Steve) (Pieris 201001– CEO before MorphoSys Head Licensing + IP)|
Pieris AG announced today the signature of a collaboration and license agreement with both Sanofi-Aventis and Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of the sanofi-aventis Group (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY), under which Pieris will apply its proprietary Anticalin technology to discover novel Anticalin drugs against multiple targets, with further development undertaken by Sanofi-Aventis and Sanofi-Pasteur. The collaboration will initially involve two targets nominated by Sanofi-Aventis and Sanofi-Pasteur, and includes the option for four additional targets.
Anticalins are a novel generation of targeted therapeutics and are sourced from Pieris' proprietary libraries. They have the potential to overcome some of the constraints of monoclonal antibodies, thereby allowing novel therapeutic approaches.
"This multi-year collaboration underscores our strategy of developing a broad pipeline of therapeutic Anticalin drug candidates comprising partnered programs in addition to our proprietary drug portfolio," noted Stephen Yoder, CEO of Pieris. "The opportunity to collaborate with a pharmaceutical company of sanofi-aventis' caliber is an exciting step as we continue to demonstrate the diverse applicability of the Anticalin technology."
"Sanofi-Aventis' basic objective of finding new solutions to address patients' needs is furthered in this collaboration by exploiting innovative technology which focuses on some of the fundamental mechanisms of disease processes," commented Leopold Bertea, VP of the Scientific Core Platform, Biologics Center at sanofi-aventis. "Pieris' Anticalin technology will allow sanofi-aventis to take a more comprehensive approach to developing targeted therapeutics, as we believe the Anticalin technology will complement our existing suite of more conventional technologies."
Under the terms of the agreement, Pieris will receive € 3.5 million in an upfront payment for the first two targets, plus committed research funding and payments for the achievement of research, preclinical, regulatory and commercial milestones. Overall, the agreement could encompass for Pieris, per each product resulting from the collaboration, up to € 26.5 million in development milestones for the first therapeutic application and € 18 million in commercial milestones. Further milestones would be received by Pieris with respect to the same product in the case of development of that product in additional therapeutic applications. Payments will also include tiered royalties on sales of products resulting from the collaboration. Sanofi-Aventis and Sanofi Pasteur will have exclusive marketing rights worldwide for all such products.
Sanofi-Aventis, a leading global pharmaceutical company, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions to improve the lives of everyone. sanofi-aventis is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
About Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi-Aventis Group, provided more than 1.6 billion doses of vaccine in 2008, making it possible to immunize more than 500 million people across the globe. A world leader in the vaccine industry, Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines protecting against 20 infectious diseases. The company's heritage, to create vaccines that protect life, dates back more than a century. Sanofi Pasteur is the largest company entirely dedicated to vaccines. Every day, the company invests more than EUR 1 million in research and development. For more information, please visit: www.sanofipasteur.com or www.sanofipasteur.us.
Pieris AG is an independent biotechnology company advancing its proprietary AnticalinÒ technology to create safer, more efficacious and more convenient protein therapeutics. Exclusive to Pieris, Anticalin-based drugs promise to address high-unmet medical needs and expand the therapeutic potential of current targeted approaches. Pieris' pipeline ranges from its lead compound (anti-VEGF, oncology), which entered the clinic in the first half of 2010, to multiple Anticalins in preclinical development. Pieris will commercialize Anticalin therapeutics through strategic partnerships, involving both its proprietary pipeline and its de novo drug discovery capabilities. Apart from today's announced deal, its most recent partnership is with Allergan, Inc. (NYSE: AGN), focusing on novel treatments for eye diseases. Privately held, Pieris has been funded by premier biotechnology-focused venture capital, including lead investors OrbiMed Advisors and Global Life Science Ventures. For more information, please visit: http://www.pieris-ag.com.
For further information, please contact:
Stephen Yoder, CEO
Phone +49 (0) 8161 1411 400
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Pieris (Group)
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Bio CEO Investor Conference on February 13th at 1:30 pm EST". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: Pieris Announces Management Transition". Boston, MA....
-  McDermott Will & Emery. (1/9/17). "Press Release: McDermott Will & Emery Advised Servier in Its Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance with Pieris Pharmaceuticals". Paris....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals and Servier Forge Strategic Immuno-oncology Co-development Alliance". Boston, MA & Suresnes....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Claude Knopf as Chief Business Officer". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (11/9/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Reports Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2016". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Receive GLP Tox Milestone Payment in Daiichi Sankyo Collaboration". Boston, MA....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals Appoints Christopher Kiritsy to Its Board of Directors". Boston, MA....
-  Selexis S.A.. (9/7/16). "Press Release: Selexis SA Enters into Commercial Cell Line License Agreement with Pieris Pharmaceuticals for Immuno-Oncology Bispecific Drug Candidate". Geneva....
-  Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Pieris Pharmaceuticals to Present at Rodman & Renshaw 18th Annual Global Investor Conference". Boston, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)