Document › Details
Medigene AG. (5/28/15). "Press Release: US Patent Office Prolongs Term of Medigene's Patent Relating to Dendritic Cell (DC) Vaccines to 2031". Martinsried.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Medigene AG (MDG1, Frankfurt, Prime Standard)|
|Organisation 2||LMU Munich, Klinikum Großhadern|
|Group||LMU Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)|
|Product||DC vaccine (dentritic cell vaccine)|
|Product 2||clinical research|
|Index term 2||Univ Oslo–Medigene: DC vaccine, 201504 collab existent compassionate use in academic clinical studies in solid tumours by Oslo Univ Hospital|
|Person||Hofmann, Julia (Medigene 201604 PR/IR)|
Biotechnology company Medigene AG (MDG1, Frankfurt, Prime Standard) announces that the US Patent Office has prolonged the term of patent no. 8,679,840 titled "Composition for the preparation of mature dendritic cells" to the year 2031. The previous term would have ended in 2028. The patent protects the process of generating mature polarised dendritic cells developed by the scientists of Medigene Immunotherapies GmbH. Dendritic cells generated with this process are being used in the ongoing clinical trials using Medigene's DC vaccines. Additionally, Medigene announced the European issue of the respective patent in March 2015. Medigene holds an exclusive licence on these patents which are central for the DC programme.
About Medigene's DC vaccines:
The platform for the development of antigen-tailored DC vaccines is the most advanced platform of the three highly innovative and complementary immunotherapy platforms of Medigene Immunotherapies.
The DC vaccines are currently being evaluated in a company-sponsored clinical trial in acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) as well as in two ongoing clinical investigator-initiated trials: a clinical phase I/II trial in AML at the Ludwig-Maximilian University Hospital Großhadern, Munich, and a clinical phase II trial in prostate cancer at the Oslo University Hospital. Moreover, a compassionate use program is being conducted at the Department of Cellular Therapy at the Oslo University Hospital.
Medigene's dendritic cell product platform allows the design of new generation dendritic cell vaccines. Dendritic cells can take up antigens efficiently, process them and present them on their surface in a form that can induce antigen-specific T cells to proliferate and mature. This way T cells can recognize and eliminate antigen-bearing tumour cells. Dendritic cells can also induce natural killer cells (NK cells) to become active and attack tumour cells. Scientists of Medigene Immunotherapies have developed new, fast and efficient methods for preparing autologous (patient-specific) mature dendritic cells which have relevant characteristics to activate both T cells and NK cells. The dendritic cells can be loaded with various tumour antigens to treat different types of cancer and are designed for treatment of minimal residual disease or use in combination therapies.
Further audio-visual education about Medigene's DCs at: https://vimeo.com/123005832
Medigene AG is a publicly listed (Frankfurt: MDG1, prime standard) biotechnology company headquartered in Martinsried near Munich, Germany. Medigene concentrates on the development of personalized T cell immunotherapies with a focus on hematological malignancies. Medigene is the first German biotech company to have revenues from a marketed product, which is distributed by commercial partner companies. Medigene has advanced drug candidates which are licenced to partners and additional candidates in clinical development. The company is developing highly innovative treatment platforms concentrating on cancer and autoimmune diseases. For more information, please visit www.medigene.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements representing the opinion of Medigene as of the date of this release. The actual results achieved by Medigene may differ significantly from the forward-looking statements made herein. Medigene is not bound to update any of these forward-looking statements. Medigene® is a registered trademark of Medigene AG. Medigene ImmunotherapiesTM is a registered trademark of Medigene Immunotherapies GmbH. Trianta ImmunotherapiesTM is a registered trademark of Medigene Immunotherapies GmbH. These trademarks may be owned or licensed in select locations only.
Julia Hofmann, Anja Clausnitzer
Tel.: +49 - 89 - 20 00 33 - 33 01
To unsubscribe from the press release distribution list, please visit: http://www.medigene.de/unsubscribe
Record changed: 2017-04-02
More documents for Medigene (Group)
-  Medigene AG. (3/28/17). "Press Release: Medigene Announces Participation at Six National and International Conferences". Planegg....
-  Medigene AG. (3/23/17). "Press Release: Medigene Publishes Its 2016 Annual Report and Outlook for 2017". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (3/23/17). "Press Release: Announces Target and Outlines Design for Its First Clinical Trial in TCR Cancer Immunotherapy". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (2/2/17). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences in February and March 2017". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Medigene Appoints Dr. Thomas Taapken as Chief Financial Officer". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Medigene Reports Its Results for the First Nine Months of 2016". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Six National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Bluebird Bio and Medigene Establish Strategic T Cell Receptor (TCR) Alliance in Cancer Immunotherapy". Martinsried & Cambridge, MA....
-  Medigene AG. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Medigene Publicizes New Bioinformatics Tool to Predict Potential Cross-reactivity of Cancer and Virus Antigens". Martinsried....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)