Document › Details
Noxxon Pharma AG. (9/18/14). "Press Release: Noxxon Pharma Expands Management Team by Appointing Don Munoz as Chief Financial Officer. Appointment Initiates a US Presence in the Boston Area". Berlin & Boston, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||Summer Street Research Partners|
|Product 2||financial research (analyst)|
|Person||Munoz, Don (Noxxon Pharma 201409– CFO before Summer Street Research Partners + Cowen & Co + Leerink Swann)|
|Person 2||Buchanan, Iain (Noxxon 201009– interim CEO before Novexel CEO before Vertex Pharmaceuticals)|
NOXXON Pharma has appointed Don Munoz to the newly created position of Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Munoz will strengthen the executive management board and will be based in NOXXON's new subsidiary office in Boston, MA.
Before joining NOXXON Pharma, Don was Head of Investment Banking at Summer Street Research Partners, an investment banking and institutional securities firm focused exclusively on healthcare. Prior to that, Don led the medical technology investment banking practices at Cowen & Company and Leerink Swann. He also spent approximately 10 years in the healthcare investment banking group at Alex Brown & Sons and its successor, Deutsche Bank Securities. In total, he has over 21 years of investment banking experience, with more than 19 of those focused exclusively on healthcare. Don has completed more than 100 public and private financings and M&A transactions in his career. He holds a BA from Dartmouth College and an MBA in Finance and Accounting from Columbia Business School, where he elected to Beta Gamma Sigma.
Mr. Munoz said: "I am very excited to be joining NOXXON at such an important time in the company's history and I look forward to supporting the Board in driving the company's development. NOXXON, with its broad portfolio of promising therapeutic candidates, is exactly the opportunity I was looking for to leverage my finance and healthcare experience."
Iain Buchanan, CEO of NOXXON, commented: "I am delighted to welcome Don to NOXXON's management team. In the coming months, we will turn our attention increasingly to the US and Don's experience with the local investor and banking communities will be an invaluable asset. It is our intention to build a presence for NOXXON in the Boston area and to become an integral part of that productive biosciences ecosystem. Don's appointment represents an important first step in that journey."
- Ends -
Notes for Editors:
About NOXXON Pharma AG
NOXXON Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of proprietary therapeutics called Spiegelmers. Spiegelmers are chemically synthesized L-stereoisomer oligonucleotide aptamers, a non-immunogenic alternative to antibodies. NOXXON has a diversified portfolio of clinical-stage Spiegelmer® therapeutics:
> Emapticap pegol (NOX-E36), an anti-CCL2/MCP-1 (C-C chemokine ligand 2 / Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1) Spiegelmer®, has completed a Phase IIa proof-of-concept study in patients with type 2 diabetes with albuminuria and a Phase IIb study is in the planning stages. CCL2 is a pro-inflammatory chemokine involved in the recruitment of immune cells to inflamed tissues.
> Olaptesed pegol (NOX-A12), an anti-CXCL12/SDF-1 (CXC chemokine ligand 12 / Stromal Cell-Derived Factor-1) Spiegelmer®, is currently being tested in Phase IIa studies in two hematological cancers, multiple myeloma (MM) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Studies for treatment of glioblastoma have also been designed. CXCL12 is a chemokine known to be involved in tumor invasion, metastasis, and resistance to therapy.
> Lexaptepid pegol (NOX-H94), an anti-hepcidin Spiegelmer®, has completed a Phase IIa pilot study in cancer patients with anemia and is now being studied in EPO-hyporesponsive dialysis patients. Hepcidin is the key regulator of iron metabolism and responsible for the iron restriction leading to anemia of chronic disease.
The Spiegelmer® platform provides the company with powerful and unique discovery capabilities, which have generated a number of additional leads under preclinical investigation. Located in Berlin, Germany, NOXXON is a well-financed mature biotech company with a strong syndicate of international investors, and approximately 60 employees.
For more information, please visit: www.noxxon.com
NOXXON Pharma AG
Robert Mayer / Andreas Zunhammer
T: +49-89-30905189-13 / -11
Record changed: 2016-01-10
More documents for Noxxon (Group)
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (2/10/17). "Press Release: Noxxon Pharma Announces Experienced Industry Cancer Clinician Dr. Jarl Ulf Jungnelius to Serve as Noxxon CMO". Berlin....
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (1/6/17). "Press Release: Half-yearly Report on the Liquidity Contract with Invest Securities". Berlin....
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Noxxon Pharma Licenses and Assigns Preclinical Spiegelmer Programs to Aptarion. Noxxon Continues Transition to Clinical Oncology Company". Berlin....
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (12/15/16). "Press Release: Noxxon Pharma Signs Clinical Immuno-oncology Collaboration Agreement with MSD to Study NOX-A12 Combined with Keytruda (pembrolizumab) in Pancreatic and Colorectal Cancer". Berlin....
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Noxxon Releases Its Interim 2016 Results". Berlin....
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (10/24/16). "Press Release: Noxxon Pharma Announces the Implementation of a Liquidity Contract with Invest Securities". Berlin....
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Noxxon Pharma Demonstrates Synergies between NOX-A12 and Therapies Working through T Cells or NK Cells". Berlin....
-  Noxxon Pharma N.V.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Noxxon Pharma NV Lists Its Shares on Alternext Paris [Not for United States, Australia, Canada or Japan or any other jurisdiction where unlawful]". Berlin....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)