Document › Details
MorphoSys AG. (7/6/10). "Press Release: MorphoSys Receives Grant to Advance Anti-CD38 Cancer Program MOR202 and Explore Relevant Biomarkers. Project Is Part of Munich’s Cluster Initiative »m4 – Personalized Medicine and Targeted Therapies«".
|Organisation 2||BMBF (Federal Ministry for Education and Research) (DE)|
|Product 2||HuCAL®-derived fully human antibody|
|Person||Schottelius, Arndt (MorphoSys 200812– Chief Developm Officer before Genentech)|
MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX) announced today that it has been awarded a grant by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF. The funding of approximately EUR 1 million supports MorphoSys in accelerating the development of its HuCAL-based cancer program MOR202 into clinical development for the treatment of multiple myeloma. As part of the program, the Company plans to explore relevant biomarkers for the anti-CD38 approach in collaboration with Klinikum rechts der Isar, the university hospital of Munich Technical University. The program is part of Munich's biotechnology initiative "m4 - Personalized Medicine and Targeted Therapies - A New Dimension in Drug Development in the Munich Region", which this year received high-tech cluster status in a German government funding competition.
MOR202 is a fully human, HuCAL antibody directed against CD38, a membrane-bound glycoprotein that is a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of multiple myeloma and certain leukemias. In pre-clinical studies, MOR202 effectively killed cancer cells from primary patient tumor material and certain hematologic cancer cell lines. Furthermore, preclinical efficacy was shown by demonstrating inhibition of tumor growth in SCID-mouse xenograft tumor models. The program is expected to move into clinical trials in Q1 2011.
"We believe that MOR202 has a very competitive profile and distinct advantages over similar programs in the industry. As part of the research program with Klinikum rechts der Isar we plan to explore certain biomarkers for this new therapeutic approach, thereby further differentiating our program," commented Dr. Arndt Schottelius, Chief Development Officer of MorphoSys AG. "This grant supports the MOR202 program, for which we are on track to file a clinical trial application in Europe before the end of 2010."
MorphoSys is an independent biotechnology company that develops novel antibodies for therapeutic, diagnostic and research applications. The Company's HuCAL technology is one of the most powerful methods available for generating fully human antibodies. By successfully applying this and other proprietary technologies, MorphoSys has become a leader in the field of therapeutic antibodies, one of the fastest-growing drug classes in human health-care. Through its alliances with some of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, MorphoSys has created a pipeline of more than 60 drug candidates. The Company is expanding its drug pipeline by adding new partnered programs, and by building a portfolio of fully-owned therapeutic antibodies. For its proprietary portfolio, the Company is focused on the areas of oncology and inflammation. Its most advanced program MOR103, a first-in-class, fully human antibody against GM-CSF, is currently tested in a Phase Ib/IIa trial in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Via its business unit AbD Serotec, MorphoSys is expanding the reach of its technologies in the diagnostics and research markets. MorphoSys is headquartered in Munich, Germany and listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol "MOR". For further information, visit http://www.morphosys.com/
HuCAL®, HuCAL GOLD®, HuCAL PLATINUM®, CysDisplay® and RapMAT® are registered trademarks of MorphoSys.
This communication contains certain forward-looking statements concerning the MorphoSys group of companies. The forward-looking statements contained herein represent the judgment of MorphoSys as of the date of this release and involve risks and uncertainties. Should actual conditions differ from the Company's assumptions, actual results and actions may differ from those anticipated. MorphoSys does not intend to update any of these forward-looking statements as far as the wording of the relevant press release is concerned.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Claudia Gutjahr-Löser
Head of Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-122
Senior Manager Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-454
Specialist Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-332
Record changed: 2014-04-24
More documents for MorphoSys (Group)
-  MorphoSys AG. (5/7/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys Acquires Peptide Therapeutic Company Lanthio Pharma. Acquisition Adds Novel Candidates Including Pre-IND Candidate for Fibrotic Diseases to MorphoSys's Growing Proprietary Portfolio". Groningen....
-  MorphoSys AG. (5/5/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys AG Reports Results for the First Three Months of 2015. First Quarter Positively Impacted by One-Off Effects Relating to MOR202"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (4/13/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Receive Milestone Payment for Guselkumab Program in Psoriatic Arthritis"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (4/8/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Start Share Buy-Back Program"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/30/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys Nominates Three New Candidates for Supervisory Board"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/26/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys and Celgene Mutually Agree to End MOR202 Collaboration. MorphoSys Regains Rights to MOR202 Antibody Against CD38 and Updates Its Financial Guidance for 2015"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/15/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys's MOR208 Program Receives Positive Opinion for Orphan Medicinal Product Designation from EMA for DLBCL"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/8/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys Presents Updated Phase 2 Clinical Results for MOR208 Monotherapy in NHL at American Society of Hematology Meeting. DLBCL and FL Identified as Particularly Promising Indications"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/7/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys AG Reports Results for the First Nine Months of 2014. Increased EBIT Guidance Confirmed"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (10/22/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Receive Milestone Payment for Guselkumab Phase 3 Program"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)