Document › Details
MorphoSys AG. (4/18/12). "Press Release: MorphoSys Nominates Karin Eastham and Marc Cluzel as New Supervisory Board Members".
|Organisation 2||Hùyà Bioscience Internatonal LLC|
|Group||Hùyà Bioscience (Group)|
|Product 2||HuCAL®-derived fully human antibody|
|Person||Eastham, Karin (Board Director at MorphoSys + Illumina + Amylin + Trius + Geron)|
MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX) announced today that the Company will nominate Ms. Karin Eastham and Dr. Marc Cluzel as new members of the Supervisory Board at the Company's Annual Shareholder Meeting on Thursday, May 31, 2012. Ms. Eastham and Dr. Cluzel will replace Prof. Dr. Jürgen Drews and Dr. Metin Colpan. Prof. Drews has been a member of MorphoSys AG's Supervisory Board since 1998, while Dr. Colpan joined in 2004.
"We are delighted to be able to present two highly qualified candidates for MorphoSys's Supervisory Board," commented Dr. Gerald Möller, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of MorphoSys AG. "Karin Eastham and Marc Cluzel both have outstanding track records in our industry and have contributed to the successful performance of several companies over the course of their careers."
Karin Eastham is an experienced financial executive who currently serves as director on the Corporate Boards of Illumina, Inc., Amylin, Inc., Trius Therapeutics, Inc. and Geron Corporation. From May 2004 to September 2008, she served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Burnham Institute for Medical Research, a non-profit corporation engaged in basic biomedical research. From 1999 to 2004, Ms. Eastham served as Senior Vice President, Finance, Chief Financial Officer and Secretary of Diversa Corporation. She previously held similar positions with CombiChem, Inc. and Cytel Corporation. She also held several positions, including Vice President, Finance, at Boehringer Mannheim Diagnostics, from 1976 to 1988. Ms. Eastham received a B.S. and a M.B.A. from Indiana University and is a Certified Public Accountant.
Dr. Marc Cluzel, an established innovator and leader in the pharmaceutical industry, has more than 20 years of extensive knowledge and experience in Research & Development and product registration in the USA, Europe and Japan. Dr. Cluzel founded C&F consulting in 2011 and serves also as Executive Vice President of Product Development at HÙYÀ Bioscience International, LLC. Dr. Cluzel served as global head of R&D for Sanofi from 2007 to 2011, as Executive Vice President of Research & Development for Sanofi (Formerly Sanofi-Aventis SA) and before 2009 as its Senior Vice President of Science and Medical Affairs. He was also since 2002 chairman and CEO of Sanofi-Synthelabo R&D France then Sanofi-Aventis R&D France. His career began in hospital medical care and gradually transitioned to research at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore and Guy's Hospital, London. Dr. Cluzel holds both an MD and a PhD from the University of Montpellier, France.
The full agenda for the Annual General Meeting is available on the Company's website under www.morphosys.com/agm.
MorphoSys developed HuCAL, the most successful antibody library technology in the pharmaceutical industry. By successfully applying this and other patented technologies, MorphoSys has become a leader in the field of therapeutic antibodies, one of the fastest-growing drug classes in human healthcare. The company's AbD Serotec unit uses HuCAL and other antibody technologies to generate superior monoclonal antibodies for research and diagnostic applications.
Together with its pharmaceutical partners, MorphoSys has built a therapeutic pipeline of more than 70 human antibody drug candidates for the treatment of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease, to name just a few. With its ongoing commitment to new antibody technology and drug development, MorphoSys is focused on making the healthcare products of tomorrow. MorphoSys is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol MOR. For regular updates about MorphoSys, visit http://www.morphosys.com
HuCAL®, HuCAL GOLD®, HuCAL PLATINUM®, CysDisplay®, RapMAT® and arYla® are registered trademarks of MorphoSys. Ylanthia® and 100 billion high potentialsTM are trademarks of MorphoSys AG.
Slonomics® is a registered trademark of Sloning BioTechnology GmbH, a subsidiary of MorphoSys AG.
This communication contains certain forward-looking statements concerning the MorphoSys group of companies. The forward-looking statements contained herein represent the judgment of MorphoSys as of the date of this release and involve risks and uncertainties. Should actual conditions differ from the Company's assumptions, actual results and actions may differ from those anticipated. MorphoSys does not intend to update any of these forward-looking statements as far as the wording of the relevant press release is concerned.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Claudia Gutjahr-Löser
Head of Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-122
Senior Manager Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-454
Specialist Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-332
Record changed: 2012-05-06
More documents for MorphoSys (Group)
-  MorphoSys AG. (4/8/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Start Share Buy-Back Program"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/30/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys Nominates Three New Candidates for Supervisory Board"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/26/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys and Celgene Mutually Agree to End MOR202 Collaboration. MorphoSys Regains Rights to MOR202 Antibody Against CD38 and Updates Its Financial Guidance for 2015"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/15/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys's MOR208 Program Receives Positive Opinion for Orphan Medicinal Product Designation from EMA for DLBCL"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/8/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys Presents Updated Phase 2 Clinical Results for MOR208 Monotherapy in NHL at American Society of Hematology Meeting. DLBCL and FL Identified as Particularly Promising Indications"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/7/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys AG Reports Results for the First Nine Months of 2014. Increased EBIT Guidance Confirmed"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (10/22/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Receive Milestone Payment for Guselkumab Phase 3 Program"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (10/15/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys Acquires Lanthipeptide Technology from Lanthio Pharma"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (9/15/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys Receives Research Grant to Develop Novel Therapeutic Antibodies Targeting GPCRs"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (8/19/14). "Press Release: MorphoSys and Emergent BioSolutions Sign License Agreement to Co-develop and Commercialize Prostate Cancer Drug Candidate ES414"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)