Document › Details
MorphoSys AG. (4/13/15). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Receive Milestone Payment for Guselkumab Program in Psoriatic Arthritis".
|Organisation||MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX; OTC: MPSYY)|
|Organisation 2||Janssen Biotech Inc. (JBI)|
|Group||Johnson & Johnson (JnJ) (Group)|
|Product 2||clinical research|
|Person||Sproll, Marlies (MorphoSys 200510– CSO)|
|Person 2||Gutjahr-Löser, Claudia (MorphoSys 2001–201611 Head of Corporate Communications + IR LEFT 11/16)|
MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX, OTC: MPSYY) announced today that its collaborator Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Janssen) has initiated a phase 2 clinical trial in psoriatic arthritis with the HuCAL antibody guselkumab (CNTO1959). The event triggered a clinical milestone payment to MorphoSys. Further financial details were not disclosed.
"We are delighted to see Janssen moving guselkumab into a new clinical program for psoriatic arthritis," commented Dr. Marlies Sproll, Chief Scientific Officer of MorphoSys AG. "Today's news marks the first of up to six clinical milestone events we expect to see with partners this year."
MorphoSys's collaboration with Janssen has resulted in three clinical programs to date, two of which are in phase 2 development and one, guselkumab, in phase 3 in psoriasis (most advanced trial). In total, MorphoSys's partnered and proprietary clinical pipeline currently comprises 23 unique antibody molecules which are being evaluated in more than 60 clinical trials.
MorphoSys developed HuCAL, the most successful antibody library technology in the pharmaceutical industry. By successfully applying this and other patented technologies, MorphoSys has become a leader in the field of therapeutic antibodies, one of the fastest-growing drug classes in human healthcare.
Together with its pharmaceutical partners, MorphoSys has built a therapeutic pipeline of more than 90 human antibody drug candidates for the treatment of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease, to name just a few. With its ongoing commitment to new antibody technology and drug development, MorphoSys is focused on making the healthcare products of tomorrow. MorphoSys is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol MOR. For regular updates about MorphoSys, visit http://www.morphosys.com
HuCAL®, HuCAL GOLD®, HuCAL PLATINUM®, CysDisplay®, RapMAT®, arYla® and Ylanthia® and 100 billion high potentials® are registered trademarks of MorphoSys AG.
Slonomics® is a registered trademark of Sloning BioTechnology GmbH, a subsidiary of MorphoSys AG.
This communication contains certain forward-looking statements concerning the MorphoSys group of companies. The forward-looking statements contained herein represent the judgment of MorphoSys as of the date of this release and involve risks and uncertainties. Should actual conditions differ from the Company's assumptions, actual results and actions may differ from those anticipated. MorphoSys does not intend to update any of these forward-looking statements as far as the wording of the relevant press release is concerned.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Claudia Gutjahr-Löser
Head of Corporate Communications & IR
Associate Director Corporate Communications & IR
Manager Corporate Communications & IR
Manager Corporate Communications & IR
Tel: +49 (0) 89 / 899 27-404
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for MorphoSys (Group)
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/9/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys AG Presents Strong Results for Fiscal Year 2016". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/6/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys Partner to Start New Phase 3 Clinical Trials with Gantenerumab in Alzheimer’s Disease". Planegg-Martinsried....
-  MorphoSys AG. (3/3/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces that Its Licensee Janssen Has Reported New Data From Two Phase 3 Studies of Guselkumab in Plaque Psoriasis". Planegg....
-  MorphoSys AG. (2/21/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys’s Subsidiary Lanthio Pharma Initiates First-in-Human Clinical Study with Lanthipeptide MOR107". Planegg....
-  MorphoSys AG. (2/15/17). "Press Release: District Court Grants MorphoSys's Request to Add Second Patent in Lawsuit with Janssen Biotech and Genmab". Planegg....
-  MorphoSys AG. (2/10/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Present at Upcoming Conference". Planegg....
-  MorphoSys AG. (1/12/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys Partner to Start Phase 2 Trial with Bimagrumab in Obese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes". Planegg....
-  MorphoSys AG. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Dr. Malte Peters to Become New Chief Development Officer of MorphoSys AG". Planegg....
-  MorphoSys AG. (1/3/17). "Press Release: MorphoSys to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences". Planegg....
-  MorphoSys AG. (12/13/16). "Press Release: MorphoSys Starts Phase 2 Trial of MOR208 in Combination with Idelalisib in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory CLL or SLL Previously Treated with a BTK Inhibitor"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)