Document › Details
Molzym GmbH & Co. KG. (2/11). "Press Release: Researchers Identifiy Non-culturable Microbes from Bloodstream Infections".
Molzym, a German molecular diagnostic company has developed in collaboration with NorDiag ASA the first automated platform worldwide for the culture-independent universal identification of microorganisms from whole blood and is now launching the system.
Clinical studies have shown that a high proportion of microbial infections are not detectable by conventional growth culture. Microbial growth in culture media can be inhibited by antibiotic pretreatment and complex microbial nutrition requirements. A group of researchers from the Institute of Medical Microbiology, Ulm, Germany recently have shown in a study on culture-independent broad-range identification of microbes from bloodstream, synovial fluid and CSF infections that up to 63% of infections are culture negative. Conventional culturing of bacterial and fungal infections can take up to seven days for identification of the organism. Nosocomial infections and antibiotic resistances have dramatically increased in recent years, and there is increased demand in the hospitals for rapid, sensitive, culture-independent identification technologies.
Generally, molecular identification can help filling the dangerous gap of culture-negative infections (CNI). Because infections are caused by a broad-range of pathogens, molecular technologies that enable the verification of any microbial strain from clinical specimens are demanded. Today, Molzym, a German molecular diagnostic company has launched the first automated platform worldwide for the culture-independent universal identification of microorganisms from whole blood.
"We have validated our molecular system for more than 345 microbial species now, says Michael Lorenz, CEO of Molzym. Jan Detmers, Director Marketing & Sales at Molzym adds: "The automation of our platform enables results within only 4 hours. This approaches closely what hospitals expect for timely clinical decision making and therapy monitoring".
Molzym, headquartered in Bremen, Germany, is a manufacturer of innovative products for molecular diagnostics. Molzym's diagnostic products focus on proprietary technologies for the selective isolation of pathogen DNA from various clinical specimens. The new automation platform, SelectNA™, allows for up to 40,000-fold better PCR sensitivity as compared to conventional DNA-isolation protocols. The system therefore enables culture-independent direct testing of blood and supports the universal detection of pathogens causing culture negative infections. For further information - www.molzym.com
Phone: +49 421-696162-0
NorDiag is a biotechnology company developing, manufacturing and marketing automated solutions (instruments and reagents) for sample preparation of DNA from difficult biological samples. DNA diagnostics give more rapid and precise answers, and is the fastest growing field within diagnostics. The Company's sample preparation solutions are today used in connection with STI, tuberculosis, MRSA, respiratory pathogens and viruses on instruments for large and small laboratories. NorDiag was founded in 2003 and has its headquarters in Oslo, Norway. The company has offices and laboratories in Stockholm, Sweden, in West Chester (PA), USA and in Vienna, Austria. The group has today 40 man-labour years. NorDiag is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange with ticker NORD. For further information - www.nordiag.com
CEO Mårten Wigstøl
Phone. +47 911 65775
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Kompass (Group)
-  Anagnostics Bioanalysis GmbH. (11/15/12). "Pressemitteilung: Sepsis – Ein Test-System für Ursachendiagnose und Therapieverlauf. Markteintritt eines integrierten Sepsis-Tests sichert lebensrettenden Zeitvorsprung"....
-  Anagnostics Bioanalysis GmbH. (9/28/12). "Press Release: Molecular Test for Sepsis-causing Pathogens Available as CE-IVD"....
-  Anagnostics Bioanalysis GmbH. (7/6/12). "Press Release: Anagnostics and Molzym Form Strategic Allianc Fighting Sepsis. Novel Integrated Sepsis Diagnostics"....
-  Anagnostics Bioanalysis GmbH. (6/27/12). "Press Release: Partnership with Molzym"....
-  WFB Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen GmbH. (11/11). "Pressemitteilung: Projekt des Monats. Wir stellen vor – Molzym-Synovial Test"....
-  Molzym GmbH & Co. KG. (3/17/11). "Press Release: Seegene and Molzym Partner on Automated Molecular Sepsis Diagnostics. Worldwide First Automated Multiplex Real-time PCR Test Simultaneously Screens for Bacteria and Fungi and Antibiotic Resistances within...
-  NorDiag ASA. (3/17/11). "Press Release: NorDiag & Molzym Enter into First Sepsis Agreement"....
-  Molzym GmbH & Co. KG. (3/2/11). Web Site: Molzym GmbH & Co. KG. Distributors. [http://www.molzym.com, 03/02/11]...
-  WFB Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen GmbH. (10/12/10). Geförderte Projekte: SynovialTest. Molzym GmbH & Co. KG (BIA3573). [http://www.wfb-bremen.de, 10/12/10]...
-  NorDiag ASA. (6/18/10). "Press Release: NorDiag and Molzym Launch Ultra Sensitive Pathogen Detection System"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)