Document › Details
Medigene AG. (12/12/11). "Press Release: Veregen Marketing Approval Process Initiated for 17 Additional European Countries. Decision on Marketing Approvals Expected End of Q1 2012". Martinsried.
|Region||EU (European Union)|
|Organisation||Medigene AG (MDG1, Frankfurt, Prime Standard)|
|Organisation 2||BfArM (Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices) (DE)|
|Person||Hofmann, Julia (Medigene 201604 PR/IR)|
MediGene AG (Frankfurt, Prime Standard) announces that the regulatory authorities of seventeen additional European countries accepted the marketing authorization applications for Veregen® ointment using the mutual recognition procedure. This means that the review procedure has started. The decision for marketing approval in Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Sweden is expected by the end of the first quarter of 2012. Assuming a positive decision, the individual countries will grant marketing approvals for Veregen® in the course of the subsequent national phase of the approval procedure.
Veregen® is currently available in the United States, German, and Austrian markets. In Spain, the drug was granted marketing approval and market launch is expected in 2012. Veregen®'s German marketing approval serves as the basis for the mutual recognition procedure. The Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte, BfArM) will make its evaluation reports on Veregen®'s quality, efficacy, and safety available to the participating countries. The Institute will also coordinate the process between MediGene and the other countries.
MediGene has entered into several marketing partnerships for Veregen®, including Fougera (formerly Nycomed) for the United States; Abbott for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland; Laboratoires Expanscience for France; and with a number of other partners across Europe, America, and Asia. MediGene is planning to continue this global licensing strategy.
Veregen®: Veregen® (previously Polyphenon E® ointment), a topical treatment of external genital warts, contains a concentrate of catechins with a complex defined composition extracted from green tea leaves. MediGene acquired the basic rights to the active ingredient in Veregen® from Epitome Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in 1999, and was solely responsible for the drug's successful preclinical and clinical development, as well as the approval process. Sinecatechins 15 % ointment (Veregen®) is now also recommended as a treatment option in the US Department of Health and Human Services Center for Disease Control and Prevention's the Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines 2010 for the treatment of genital warts.
This press release contains forward-looking statements representing the opinion of MediGene as of the date of this release. The actual results achieved by MediGene may differ significantly from the forward-looking statements made herein. MediGene is not bound to update any of these forward-looking statements. MediGene® and Veregen® are registered trademarks of MediGene AG. Polyphenon E® is a trademark of Mitsui Norin Co., Ltd. These trademarks may be owned or licensed in select locations only.
- ends -
MediGene AG is a publicly listed (Frankfurt: MDG, prime standard) biotechnology company headquartered in Martinsried/Munich, Germany. MediGene is the first German biotech company to have revenues from marketed products. It has various drug candidates in clinical development and possesses innovative platform technologies. MediGene focuses on clinical research and development of novel drugs against cancer and autoimmune diseases.
Contact MediGene AG
Julia Hofmann, Kerstin Langlotz
Tel.: +49 - 89 - 85 65 - 33 01
Fax: +49 - 89 - 85 65 - 29 20
For further information please contact Julia Hofmann or Kerstin Langlotz, Public Relations, MediGene AG
Record changed: 2016-04-10
More documents for Medigene (Group)
-  Medigene AG. (2/2/17). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences in February and March 2017". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Medigene Appoints Dr. Thomas Taapken as Chief Financial Officer". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Medigene Reports Its Results for the First Nine Months of 2016". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Six National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Bluebird Bio and Medigene Establish Strategic T Cell Receptor (TCR) Alliance in Cancer Immunotherapy". Martinsried & Cambridge, MA....
-  Medigene AG. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Medigene Publicizes New Bioinformatics Tool to Predict Potential Cross-reactivity of Cancer and Virus Antigens". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (8/5/16). "Press Release: Medigene Reports Results of First Six Months 2016". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (8/3/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five Upcoming International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (7/25/16). "Press Release: Medigene Expands TCR Platform Technology with US Patent for Method for Identification of CD4+ T Cell Antigens". Martinsried....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)