Document › Details
Medigene AG. (10/28/11). "Press Release: MediGene Receives Authorization for the Clinical Formulation Study of RhuDex". Martinsried.
|Region||United Kingdom (GB)|
|Organisation||Medigene AG (MDG1, Frankfurt, Prime Standard)|
|Product 2||oral drug delivery technology|
|Person||Mathias, Frank (Rentschler 201604– CEO before Medigene + Amgen GmbH + Servier DE + Hoechst)|
|Person 2||Hofmann, Julia (Medigene 201604 PR/IR)|
MediGene AG (Frankfurt: MDG, Prime Standard) announced today that the United Kingdom Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) granted the authorization of the planned clinical formulation study of RhuDex®, a drug candidate being developed for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. The objective of the RapidFACTTM trial (Rapid Formulation Development and Clinical Testing) is to determine an optimized formulation for chronic treatment. Upon the initiation of the planned study, MediGene will provide additional details on the design and duration of the trial.
Dr. Frank Mathias, MediGene's CEO, commented: "Preliminary formulations of RhuDex® permitted initial clinical trials of the drug candidate. For the long-term development and subsequent marketability of the product, however, we seek an improved formulation and dosage form of RhuDex® to facilitate a therapeutically ideal release of the active ingredient as well as patient-friendly dosing. We are delighted to be able to continue the clinical development of RhuDex® with an optimized product candidate."
RhuDex®: RhuDex® is an oral therapy being developed as a disease-modifying drug for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis targeting the successful group of Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs (DMARDs). RhuDex® is an orally administered CD80 antagonist that blocks undesired activation of T-cells and has an immunomodulating and anti-inflammatory effects. In a Phase IIa trial in 29 patients, RhuDex® demonstrated first indications of biological activity.
This press release contains forward-looking statements representing the opinion of MediGene as of the date of this release. The actual results achieved by MediGene may differ significantly from the forward-looking statements made herein. MediGene is not bound to update any of these forward-looking statements. MediGene® and RhuDex® are registered trademarks of MediGene AG. These trademarks may be owned or licensed in select locations only.
- ends -
MediGene AG is a publicly listed (Frankfurt: MDG, prime standard) biotechnology company headquartered in Martinsried/Munich, Germany. MediGene is the first German biotech company to have revenues from marketed products. It has various drug candidates in clinical development and possesses innovative platform technologies. MediGene focuses on clinical research and development of novel drugs against cancer and autoimmune diseases.
Contact MediGene AG
Julia Hofmann, Kerstin Langlotz
Investor & Public Relations
Tel.: +49 - 89 - 85 65 - 33 01
Fax: +49 - 89 - 85 65 - 29 20
Record changed: 2016-04-10
More documents for Medigene (Group)
-  Medigene AG. (2/2/17). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences in February and March 2017". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Medigene Appoints Dr. Thomas Taapken as Chief Financial Officer". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Medigene Reports Its Results for the First Nine Months of 2016". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Six National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Bluebird Bio and Medigene Establish Strategic T Cell Receptor (TCR) Alliance in Cancer Immunotherapy". Martinsried & Cambridge, MA....
-  Medigene AG. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Medigene Publicizes New Bioinformatics Tool to Predict Potential Cross-reactivity of Cancer and Virus Antigens". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (8/5/16). "Press Release: Medigene Reports Results of First Six Months 2016". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (8/3/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five Upcoming International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (7/25/16). "Press Release: Medigene Expands TCR Platform Technology with US Patent for Method for Identification of CD4+ T Cell Antigens". Martinsried....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)