Document › Details
Medigene AG. (11/8/12). "Press Release: Medigene Announces Market Launch of Veregen in Switzerland and Market Approval in 8 Additional European Countries". Martinsried.
|Organisation||Medigene AG (MDG1, Frankfurt, Prime Standard)|
|Organisation 2||Abbott AG (CH)|
|Person||Hofmann, Julia (Medigene 201604 PR/IR)|
Medigene AG (MDG, Frankfurt, Prime Standard) announced today that Veregen® was launched in Switzerland by Medigene's partner Abbott. In addition, market approvals for the drug were granted in the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Slovenia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and Cyprus.
Veregen® is already being marketed in the USA (by Fougera), Germany and Austria (by Abbott), and Spain (by Bial) and approved in further countries. Marketing authorizations in additional countries are expected within the next few months. Medigene has entered into several marketing partnerships for Veregen® across Europe, Asia, and America, and is planning to continue this global licensing strategy in order to further exploit the market potential of Veregen®.
Veregen®: Veregen® (previously Polyphenon E® ointment) is a topical treatment for external genital warts, which contains a concentrate of catechins with a complex defined composition extracted from green tea leaves. Medigene acquired the rights to the active ingredient in Veregen® from Epitome Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in 1999 and was solely responsible for the drug's successful preclinical and clinical development, as well as the approval process. Sinecatechins 15% ointment (Veregen®) is recommended as a possible option for treating genital warts in the US Department of Health and Human Services Center for Disease Control and Prevention's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines 2010.
Medigene AG is a publicly listed (Frankfurt: MDG, prime standard) biotechnology company headquartered near Munich, Germany. Medigene focuses on clinical research and development of novel drugs against cancer and autoimmune diseases. Medigene was the first German biotech company to have revenues from marketed products, which are distributed by partner companies. It has two drug candidates in clinical trials, EndoTAG®-1 and RhuDex®; and is developing an innovative vaccine technology.
This press release contains forward-looking statements representing the opinion of Medigene as of the date of this release. The actual results achieved by Medigene may differ significantly from the forward-looking statements made herein. Medigene is not bound to update any of these forward-looking statements. Medigene® and Veregen® are registered trademarks of Medigene AG. Polyphenon E® is a trademark of Mitsui Norin Co., Ltd. These trademarks may be owned or licensed in select locations only.
- End -
Kontakt Medigene AG
Public & Investor Relations
Tel.: +49 - 89 - 20 00 33 - 33 01
Fax: +49 - 89 - 20 00 33 - 29 20
Record changed: 2016-04-10
More documents for Medigene (Group)
-  Medigene AG. (2/2/17). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences in February and March 2017". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Medigene Appoints Dr. Thomas Taapken as Chief Financial Officer". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Medigene Reports Its Results for the First Nine Months of 2016". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Six National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Bluebird Bio and Medigene Establish Strategic T Cell Receptor (TCR) Alliance in Cancer Immunotherapy". Martinsried & Cambridge, MA....
-  Medigene AG. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five National and International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Medigene Publicizes New Bioinformatics Tool to Predict Potential Cross-reactivity of Cancer and Virus Antigens". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (8/5/16). "Press Release: Medigene Reports Results of First Six Months 2016". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (8/3/16). "Press Release: Medigene Participates at Five Upcoming International Conferences". Martinsried....
-  Medigene AG. (7/25/16). "Press Release: Medigene Expands TCR Platform Technology with US Patent for Method for Identification of CD4+ T Cell Antigens". Martinsried....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)