Document › Details
Life Sciences Partners (LSP). (10/14/15). "Press Release: LSP and Bristol-Myers Squibb Enter into Strategic Collaboration for Life Sciences Innovation in Europe. First Investment by Bristol-Myers Squibb in a European Healthcare Fund". Amsterdam.
LSP (Life Sciences Partners), the specialist healthcare investment firm, has announced today a strategic collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in which the companies will work closely together in identifying European breakthrough technologies and products in immuno-oncology and other areas of unmet medical need. The collaboration is underpinned by a significant investment by Bristol-Myers Squibb in LSP 5, the latest LSP fund. This is the first investment by Bristol-Myers Squibb in a European healthcare fund. A representative of Bristol-Myers Squibb will be joining the LSP 5 Advisory Board.
Immuno-oncology has been one of the most dynamic areas in biotechnology for a few years, and Bristol-Myers Squibb is widely acknowledged to be one of the leaders in this innovative field. The company is also pursuing potential treatment options in other areas of significant unmet need, including cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure and thrombosis, certain genetically defined diseases, fibrosis and immunoscience. Dr. Joachim (JR) Rothe, General Partner at LSP, commented: “LSP is committed to seeking, nurturing and growing healthcare investment opportunities which have the potential to have a positive impact on society. We are very proud to be chosen by Bristol-Myers Squibb as a partner for investing in European innovation, which is validation of LSP´s influential role as a long-standing specialist European life science investor. We are excited to be working with Bristol-Myers Squibb and welcome Dr. Donnie McGrath, Vice President of Business Development at Bristol-Myers Squibb, to the LSP 5 Advisory Board. We have no doubt this will be a highly productive and complementary collaboration to promote innovation in European life sciences.”
Paul Biondi, Senior Vice President of Business Development at Bristol-Myers Squibb, commented: “Bristol-Myers Squibb is committed to working closely with the venture community to identify and invest in innovative science that has the potential to bring forward transformational medicines to patients with unmet need.”
LSP (Life Sciences Partners) is a leading independent European investment firm, providing financing for private and public life-science companies. Since the late 1980s, LSP’s management has invested in a large number of highly innovative enterprises, many of which have grown to become leaders of the global life-science industry. With over Eur 1 billion of investment capital raised to date and offices in Amsterdam, Munich and Boston, LSP is one of Europe’s largest and most experienced specialist life-science investors. For more information, please visit www.lspvc.com.
Dr. Joachim Rothe
Phone: +49 89 330 666 0
Dr. Rene Kuijten
Phone: +31 20 664 55 00
Mary Clark, Supriya Mathur, Eva Haas
Phone: +44 203 440 5654
Record changed: 2016-06-05
More documents for Life Sciences Partners (LSP)
-  Luxendo GmbH. (1/12/17). "Press Release: Luxendo Announces Series A Extension Bringing Total Capital Raised to €8 Million". Heidelberg....
-  Vivasure Medical Ltd.. (9/8/16). "Press Release: Vivasure Medical Announces €16.2M ($18.3M) in Financing to Advance Commercialization of Closure Device in European Union and United States". Galway....
-  Life Sciences Partners (LSP). (6/2/16). "Press Release: LSP Announces $280 Million Final Closing of Life Sciences Venture Fund". Amsterdam....
-  Nouscom AG. (5/17/16). "Press Release: Nouscom Concludes Successful Series A Financing of EUR 12 Million". Basel....
-  G-Therapeutics B.V.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: G-Therapeutics Raises EUR 36 Million to Develop Novel Neuro-stimulation Therapy for Spinal Cord Injury". Eindhoven & Lausanne....
-  eTheRNA BVBA. (3/14/16). "Press Release: eTheRNA Secures EUR 24 Million to Develop Its TriMix mRNA-based Immunotherapy". Brussels....
-  Life Sciences Partners (LSP). (3/4/16). Web Site: BioCapital Europe – Organised by LSP. 2016 Presenting Companies. [http://www.biocapitaleurope.com, 03/04/16]...
-  Xeltis AG. (12/17/15). "Press Release: Xeltis Extends Series B Financing to €30M, Signing off Transformational Year". Zurich....
-  Life Sciences Partners (LSP). (11/12/15). "Press Release: LSP’s Portfolio Company Curetis Raises EUR 40 Million in Successful Euronext IPO". Amsterdam....
-  Cassak, David [The MedTech Strategist]. (10/29/15). "News: Life Sciences Partners – A European Venture Fund Invests in the Economics of Medtech"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)