Document › Details
Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (5/8/14). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Secures EUR 2,0 Million Financing and Announces Leadership Changes". Regensburg.
Lophius Biosciences GmbH, a privately held biotech company focusing on the development and marketing of innovative T cell based research tools and diagnostic systems for functional assessment of disease-reactive T cells, today announced that the company has secured a EUR 2,0 Million financing round. This financing was led by one of the current main investors, VRD GmbH, Heidelberg, Germany with participation of two of the existing investors one of which S-Refit AG, Regensburg. The current investment will support the continuation into a commercial operation to further advance the clinical studies of Lophius’ flagship product T-Track® CMV for the various clinical indications and to enable the further development of the pipeline products T-Track® TB (Tuberculosis) as well as T-Track® MS (Multiple Sclerosis).
With the secured financing, Dr. Robert Phelps, previously Lophius’ Director Business Operations, has been appointed as new Chief Executive Officer and the current CEO, Prof. Dr. Ralf Wagner, has been elected as Chairman of the Board, replacing Mr. Bertram Gilka-Bötzow, now one of the board’s Vice Presidents. Prof. Wagner and Dr. Phelps will work closely together to further drive the conversion of a previously research and development focused company into a commercial organization.
“The current round of financing and management change are supporting a long-term strategy to capitalize on the company's future growth opportunities and goals and its transition into a commercial operation” said Prof. Dr. Wagner. “I am excited to take on this new challenge and to work with Ralf and a team of highly skilled specialists and researchers. I look forward to increasing our market presence and continuing to aggressively pursue additional pathways for market expansion of our T-Track® products," added Dr. Phelps.
Prof. Dr. Wagner, now elected to become Lophius’ Chairman of the Board, joined Lophius Biosciences in January 2013 as CEO. During his leadership, he instrumentally contributed to the further development of all parts of the company – from human resources to quality management, from research activities up to the implementation of new entities such as manufacturing, clinical trial coordination or sales. “With his professional working attitude, his excellent management skills and his profound scientific and economic background, Ralf has tremendously contributed towards advancing Lophius to a highly innovative and at the same time commercially oriented organization. We’ll hear more about most recent progress made under his leadership in the weeks to come. We are very happy that Prof. Dr. Wagner will continue to support Lophius in his new role as Chairman of the Board”, said Mr. Gilka-Bötzow.
About Lophius Biosciences
Lophius Biosciences GmbH, a German biotech company, is focusing on the development and marketing of innovative T cell based diagnostic systems for diagnosis and immunomonitoring. The Company’s flag ship product is T-Track® CMV, a diagnostic system intended to determine the functionality of the cell-mediated immune response in cytomegalovirus (CMV) seropositive transplant patients who undergo an immunosuppressive therapy. With its innovative products, the Company aims to significantly improve therapy control and personalized treatment of patients in the area of transplantation medicine, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Dr. Robert Phelps joined Lophius Biosciences in October 2013 as Director Business Operations and previously spent 14 years in various business development, licensing, and marketing and sales roles in the biotech and pharma industry.
Prof. Dr. Ralf Wagner joined Lophius in January 2013 as CEO. Prior of that, he served almost 13 years as CEO of GeneArt AG, a German biotech company founded Nov 1999 as spin-off from the University of Regensburg, that went public in 2006 and was acquired by Life Technologies in 2010. Besides to his roles in the biotech industry, he is Professor for Medical Microbiology and faculty member at the University of Regensburg.
Dr. Robert Phelps
Lophius Biosciences GmbH
Josef Engert Str. 13
Tel.: +49 941 630 9191 80
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Lophius Biosciences GmbH
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (7/26/16). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Closed Financing Round of €4.25 Million to Expand Diagnostic Developments into Tuberculosis and to Strengthen Marketing Activities". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (10/19/15). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Expands Management Team to Drive Marketing and Sales Activities". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (9/10/15). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Closed Financing to Further Strengthen Marketing and Sales". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (12/4/13). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Appoints Dr. Robert Phelps as Director Business Operations". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (1/22/13). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Closes Financing Round and Expands Management Board. Financing Round Closed with Volume of about 4 Mio. EUR". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (11/8/12). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Achieves First Clinical Proof of Principle for T-Track TB for Detection of Active Tuberculosis and Receives Research Funding". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (4/25/12). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Performs Successful Clinical Validation for T-Track CMV/EBV Test Systems". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (10/24/11). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Presents T-Track CMV/EBV Tests at Congress after Conclusion of Product Development and Initiation of a Clinical Validation Study". Regensburg....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (7/18/11). "Press Release: Lophius Biosciences Closes Additional Financing Round with Current Investors Totalling 1.4 Million EUR"....
-  Lophius Biosciences GmbH. (11/11/10). "Press Release: Another Key Patent Granted in the US. Lophius Biosciences Announces Granting of another Key Patent in the US"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)