Document › Details
Geneart AG. (4/9/10). "Press Release: Geneart AG Will Become Part of the US-based Biotechnology Company Life Technologies Corp. Life Technologies Acquires 58% of Geneart Shares via It’s German Subsidiary Applied Biosystems Deutschland GmbH". Regensburg.
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Geneart GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Applied Biosystems Deutschland GmbH|
|Today||Life Technologies GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||cell line development (recombinant protein production)|
|Index term||Geneart–Life Technologies: investment, 201004– acquisition approx €60m|
|Person||Wagner, Ralf (Lophius 201301– Managing Director before Geneart AG 1999– founder + CEO + CSO)|
|Person 2||Graf, Marcus (Geneart 199911– co-founder + 5/06 head Bus Unit gene synthesis)|
* Public tender offer for the remaining shares planned
* Cooperation Agreement concluded with Life Technologies
The founders of GENEART AG Prof. Dr. Ralf Wagner, Prof. Dr. Hans Wolf, Dr. Marcus Graf, and individual members of the management as well as the venture capital companies EquiNet EarlyStage Capital and S-REFIT AG, have signed contracts with Applied Biosystems Deutschland GmbH for selling their GENEART shares. Applied Biosystems Deutschland GmbH thus holds about 58 % of GENEART AG shares and is planning a voluntary public tender offer for the remaining GENEART AG shares. Applied Biosystems Deutschland GmbH is the German subsidiary of Life Technologies Corporation, a California/US biotechnology company with 2009 revenues of 3.3B U.S. dollar and about 9,000 employees. Furthermore, a cooperation agreement between GENEART AG and Life Technologies has been concluded.
Legal Information: This document may contain estimates, prognoses and opinions about company plans and objectives, products or services, future results, opinions about these results or opinions leading up to these results. All these projections into the future are subject to risk, uncertainty and unforeseeable change outside the control of the GENEART Group. Many factors may lead to actual results, which considerably deviate from the given projections for these results.
About Life Technologies Corporation:
Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) is a global biotechnology tools company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that make life even better. Life Technologies customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. Life Technologies had sales of 3.3B U.S. dollar in 2009, employs approximately 9,000 people, has a presence in approximately 160 countries, and possesses a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of approximately 3,900 patents and exclusive licenses. Life Technologies was created by the combination of Invitrogen Corporation and Applied Biosystems Inc., and manufactures both in-vitro diagnostic products and research use only-labeled products. For more information on how we are making a difference, please visit our website: http://www.lifetechnologies.com.
In case of queries, please contact
Dr. Karoline Stürmer
Investor Relations Management
Phone: +49 (0)941 942 76-417
Fax: +49 (0)941 942 76-711
Better Orange IR & HV AG
Phone: +49 (0)89 88 96 906-10
Fax: +49 (0)89 88 96 906-66
About GENEART AG
In 2000 GENEART entered the Gene Synthesis market and has since become the global market leader. Today, the company is one of the leading specialists in the Synthetic Biology field. Experts at GENEART provide key technologies for the development and production of new therapeutics and vaccines. Customers also take advantage of GENEART services to customize enzyme attributes, such as the attributes of enzymes used as detergent additives, and to construct bacteria, which produce complex biopolymers or break down polymers, such as synthetics, petroleum components, etc. GENEART's service portfolio ranges from the optimization and production of synthetic genes according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, to the generation of gene variants or complex gene libraries and the production of cell lines, to the development and production of DNA and protein based drug candidates. GENEART AG in Regensburg and its subsidiaries GENEART Inc. in Toronto (Canada) and GENEART Inc. in San Francisco (USA) employ about 180 people. The company is listed on the German Stock Exchange since May 2006. Since April 2010, the US-American Life Technologies Corporation, one of the leading biotechnology companies worldwide with 2009 revenues of 3.3B U.S. dollars and about 9,000 employees, is majority shareholder of GENEART AG.
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Global Headquarters". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Partners with Hamilton Bonaduz AG to Accelerate Automation Platforms Access for Forensic Customers". South San Francisco, CA & Bonaduz....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/1/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Offering for Clinical Applications at AACC 2016". Philadeliphia, PA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: New Gas Chromatography System Brings Power of Orbitrap GC-MS Technology to Routine Applications". Sunnyvale, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (7/1/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Receives FDA Clearance for Expanded Use of VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Test for Managing Sepsis Patients with Elevated Risk of Mortality". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Recognizes Tandem Mass Tag Grant Award Winners at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)