Document › Details
Johnson & Johnson Inc.. (6/28/12). "Press Release: Janssen Acquires Corimmun". Neuss.
|Group||Johnson & Johnson (JnJ) (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Corimmun GmbH|
|Group||Johnson & Johnson (JnJ) (Group)|
|Product 2||cardiovascular drug|
|Index term||Corimmun–JnJ: investment, 201206 acquisition €100m + milestones durch Janssen-Cilag GmbH|
Janssen-Cilag GmbH (Janssen) today announced it has completed the acquisition of Corimmun GmbH, a privately held drug development company in Germany, for an undisclosed upfront payment and a contingent future clinical milestone payment.
Corimmun's lead compound, COR-1, is a small cyclic peptide currently in early clinical development for the treatment of heart failure. COR-1 has been shown in preclinical studies to improve heart function by decreasing autoimmune, beta 1 receptor-simulating antibody effects. Under terms of the agreement, Janssen and its affiliates immediately assume full development and global commercialization responsibilities for the compound.
Heart failure is generally a progressive disease characterized by the heart muscle's inability to adequately pump oxygenated blood through the body. An estimated 23 million people around the globe have been diagnosed with heart failure, a number that is projected to increase. For most causes of heart failure, there is no known cure.
"The prevalence of heart failure is rising rapidly, and COR-1 is an early stage development compound with a novel mechanism for treating heart failure that has the potential to improve heart function by suppressing antibodies that can exacerbate this condition," said Peter M. DiBattiste, M.D., Global Therapeutic Area Head, Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolism at Janssen Research & Development. "This acquisition demonstrates Janssen's commitment to investing in innovative science in an area of great unmet medical need, where new therapies can improve the quality of patient care."
At Janssen we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop innovative products, services and healthcare solutions to help people throughout the world. Janssen-Cilag GmbH and Janssen Research & Development, LLC are part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Johnson & Johnson (JnJ) (Group)
-  Bayer AG. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phase III COMPASS study with Bayer’s Rivaroxaban in Patients with Coronary or Peripheral Artery Disease Shows Overwhelming Efficacy and Meets Primary Endpoint Early ". Berlin....
-  Actelion Ltd.. (1/26/17). "Press Release: Johnson & Johnson to Acquire Actelion for $30 Billion with Spin-out of New R&D Company". New Brunswick, NJ & Allschwil....
-  Actelion Ltd.. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Actelion and Johnson & Johnson Enter into Exclusive Discussions". Allschwil....
-  AstraZeneca plc. (12/5/16). "Press Release: AstraZeneca Completes Agreement With Cilag GmbH International for Rights to Rhinocort Aqua Outside the US"....
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/28/16). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces That Its Licensee Janssen Has Submitted a Marketing Authorisation Application For Guselkumab in Europe"....
-  Actelion Ltd.. (11/25/16). "Press Release: Actelion Statement [on Possible Transaction with Johnson & Johnson]". Allschwil....
-  MorphoSys AG. (11/15/16). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces That Its Licensee Janssen Has Presented Positive Clinical Data of Guselkumab in Psoriatic Arthritis"....
-  Molecular Partners AG. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Molecular Partners Regains Rights to Multi-DARPin Drug Candidate Targeting IL-13 & IL-17 for Pulmonary Indications from Janssen". Zürich-Schlieren....
-  MorphoSys AG. (10/1/16). "Press Release: MorphoSys Announces that Its Licensee Janssen Reports Positive Results from a Phase 3 Study of Guselkumab in Plaque Psoriasis"....
-  Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (10/1/16). "Press Release: New Phase 3 Data Show Significant Efficacy versus Placebo and Superiority of Guselkumab versus Humira in Treatment of Moderate to Severa Plaque Psoriasis". Vienna....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)