Document › Details
Indivumed GmbH. (9/25/13). "Press Release: Indivumed Sells Inostics, the Plasma-DNA Company, to Sysmex and Expands Its Clinical Research Service and Patient Diagnostics Business". Hamburg.
|Organisation 2||Inostics GmbH|
|Today||Sysmex Inostics GmbH|
|Product||digital PCR technology|
|Product 2||cancer test|
|Index term||Indivumed–Sysmex: investment, 201309–201310 acquisition of 100% of Inostics GmbH + its subsidiary Inostics Inc by Sysmex Corp|
|Person||Diehl, Frank (Inostics GmbH 2013 Managing Director + Co-Founder)|
|Person 2||Juhl, Hartmut (Indivumed 200701 CEO + founder)|
Indivumed GmbH ("Indivumed"), based in Hamburg, Germany, announces that 100% of all shares of Inostics GmbH and its Baltimore, US-based subsidiary Inostics Inc. ("Inostics"), have been sold to Sysmex Corporation (Headquarter in Kobe, Japan).
Inostics possesses advanced genetic testing technologies, such as ultra-sensitive digital PCR technology for detecting cancer cell DNA directly from blood - a "liquid biopsy" process as opposed to tissue testing. By acquiring this technology, Sysmex plans to develop on a global basis assay services that Inostics already provides. Sysmex's companion diagnostics activities in collaboration with pharmaceutical companies will be enhanced as well.
In 2008, following a five year collaboration with Dr. Bert Vogelstein and his team at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD, Indivumed and the scientists at Johns Hopkins University together founded Inostics GmbH in Hamburg, Germany, to commercialize the "BEAMing-Technology". "Having established a solid foundation to enable the rapid growth of Inostics, the overwhelming acceptance of this groundbreaking technology by pharmaceutical companies and the medical community demanded a global growth strategy and search for a strategic partner. We are delighted to have found with Sysmex the ideal partner for the next development phase," comments Prof. Hartmut Juhl, CEO of Indivumed and Inostics.
"With Sysmex, we expect achieving our goal to make Inostics technology the leading approach for DNA-based cancer diagnostics for the worldwide benefit of cancer patients. The fact that Sysmex has its European Headquarter in the Hamburg area facilitates a smooth transition and an undelayed continuation of Inostics business" says Dr. Frank Diehl, co-founder of Inostics, who continues to work for Inostics as Chief Scientific Officer and Managing Director.
Following the closing of the transaction, Indivumed will independently expand its tissue-based clinical research service business leveraging a comprehensive and very high quality tumor-biobank and its well-established prowess in the analysis of proteins and cancer pathways for drug development and patient diagnostics.
JMP Securities LLC acted as financial advisor and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP served as legal counsel to Inostics and its shareholder in the transaction.
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Indivumed (Group)
-  Indivumed GmbH. (2/22/17). "Press Release: Indivumed's Cancer Database Reaches a Global Scale Through Partnership With the National Cancer Tissue Biobank (NCTB), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India". Chennai & Hamburg....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Indivumed Announces Agreement with Regeneron to Provide Tissue Samples for Oncology Research and Development". Hamburg....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (1/17/17). "Press Release: Northwell Health Partners with Indivumed to Create a Cancer Research Biobank". Hamburg....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Indivumed Joins Blood Profiling Atlas in Cancer (Blood PAC)". Hamburg....
-  Definiens AG. (7/19/16). "Press Release: Indivumed and Definiens Partner to Unlock the Power of Tumor Tissue for Drug Discovery and Development". Munich....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (2/4/16). "Press Release: URMC Partners with Indivumed to Create Tissue Bank for Cancer Research". Rochester, NY....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (4/22/15). "Press Release: Sysmex Inostics Announces Agreement with IndivuTest to offer Blood Based Mutation Testing". Mundelein, IL & Hamburg....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (4/7/15). "Press Release: William R. Gruver Agrees to Lead Indivumed Business Advisory Team". Hamburg....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (2/4/15). "Press Release: World-renowned Pathologist Supports German Company in Its Efforts to Lead the Tissue Revolution in Biomedical Research". Hamburg....
-  Indivumed GmbH. (1/8/15). "Press Release: Statement Regarding the »Cancer Fighting Center Hamburg«"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)