Document › Details
High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (4/4/12). "Press Release: ZIM Plant Technology GmbH. High-Tech Gründerfonds Invests in Intelligent Monitoring Solution to Monitor the Actual Water Requirements of Plants in Real Time". Hennigsdorf, Potsdam & Bonn.
|Organisation||High-Tech Gründerfonds II GmbH & Co. KG (HTGF II)|
|Group||High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF) (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ZIM Plant Technology GmbH|
|Product||AGRI LIFE SCIENCES|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
|Index term||ZIM Plant Technology–High-Tech Gründerfonds: investment, 201204 investment by HTGF|
|Index term 2||water|
|Person||Rüger, Simon (ZIM Plant Technology GmbH 201204 Managing Director)|
|Person 2||Erhart, Benjamin (High-Tech Gründerfonds 201204 Investment Manager)|
ZIM Plant Technology's probe system makes it possible to continuously measure the water supply of plants under field conditions. Field data are supplied and evaluated in real time over the Internet using ZIM's own telemetry. Monitoring as a Service is the name of this innovative business model. Researchers and farmers use the service to irrigate when water is actually needed.
Prof. Ulrich Zimmermann, operational founder of ZIM Plant Technology GmbH, likes to compare the water pressure inside a plant (turgor pressure) with the blood pressure of a human being: "If the turgor pressure drops below a certain threshold, it becomes life-threatening for the plant and it urgently needs to be watered. Once the plant is well-hydrated, it stops water uptake and the valuable superfluous moisture penetrates into the soil."
ZIM Plant Technology GmbH is the first to bring to market maturity a probe system that has convinced users throughout the world becauseof its accuracy and effectiveness as well as of its ease of use. Just three probes connected to a transmitter can monitor a field of up to 20 ha. To date the probe system has been deployed in Africa, Europe, Australia and South America, exhibiting a potential saving of up to 40% of the usual water consumption without adverse side effects on the quality and quantity of production.
"A large proportion of the water simply penetrates into the ground or evaporates, because plants can't endlessly store water", adds Dr. Ute Hartmann, the Life Science team leader at the Brandenburg Economic Development Board. "Not only is this water then lost for farming, but overirrigation - especially in dry (arid) regions - is also harmful, because evaporation can result in soil salinization. This destroys some 10 million hectares of fertile land every year."
Benjamin Erhart, Investment Manager at High-Tech Gründerfonds, has been convinced in particular by the promising market and the technological leadership of ZIM Plant Technology GmbH: "ZIM Plant Technology addresses one of the crucial problems of the future. ZIM's sensor technology is a non-invasive plant-based measuring method that is robust, user-friendly, suitable for use in the field and, with its innovative business model, economic. We're looking forward to building up the company together with the founding team and will exploit more international markets."
To date, 750 probe systems have been sold worldwide. Given the high demand, the company is planning on expanding production while simultaneously concentrating on developing the platform technology further. "The aim is to link the sensors to actuators, so that watering is done automatically according to the needs", adds Simon Rüger, CEO of ZIM Plant Technology GmbH. Farmers will then pay a monthly fee for their Monitoring as a Service. In return they save time and expense and can be certain that their plants are always provided with exactly the right amount of water.
About ZIM Plant Technology
ZIM Plant Technology GmbH offers a user-friendly, sustainably stable, non-invasive, telemetry-based magnetic sensor solution that continuously measures the water supply to the leaves of intact plants under field conditions and provides the data on the Internet in real time.
ZIM Plant Technology GmbH
Dipl. Biologe Simon Rüger, CEO
Tel: +49 (3302) 28037-00
Fax: +49 (3302) 28037-10
About the Brandenburg Economic Development Board
One of the Board's main objectives is promoting technology. We thus support research and development projects, both in the context of individual projects and by maintaining networks of enterprises and scientific institutions. We also provide advice on funding questions for innovative projects in SMEs as well as on patent issues. Beyond that we work as representatives of the Brandenburg economic region in location marketing as well as through national and international trade missions and fairs.
ZukunftsAgentur Brandenburg GmbH
Steinstrasse 104 - 106
Dr. Ute Hartmann
Tel: +49 (331) 660 3838
Fax: +49 (331) 660 3210
About High-Tech Gründerfonds
High-Tech Gründerfonds invests venture capital in new and promising technology companies that turn their research ideas into solid business successes. Using seed financing, the startups take their R&D plans up to the prototype stage, and up to making their "proof of concept" available, and directly to market introduction. The fund initially participates in the companies with up to 500,000 euros, and in total, two million euros per company are available. Investors in this public-private partnership include the German Federal Ministry for Economics and Technology, the KfW Bankengruppe (KfW banking group), as well as 13 industrial groups: ALTANA, BASF, B. Brown, Robert Bosch, CEWE Color, Daimler, Deutsche Post DHL, Deutsche Telekom, Evonik, Qiagen, RWE Innogy, Tengelmann, and Carl Zeiss. High-Tech Gründerfonds has a fund volume of approximately 563 million euros (272 million euros for Fund I, and 291 million euros for Fund II).
High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH
Tel: +49 (228) 823 001-00
Fax: +49 228 823 000-50
Record changed: 2012-04-05
More documents for High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF) (Group)
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (8/4/16). "Press Release: Akvola Technologies Secures Series A Financing Round"....
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (7/7/16). "Press Release: Creathor Venture Leads a Series B Financing Round of € 5.2 Million in CryoTherapeutics"....
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (4/27/16). "Press Release: Bentekk GmbH Receives Seed Funding to Develop the Market with Gas Measurement Technology"....
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (4/7/16). "Press Release: Cunesoft Receives a Seven-digit Series-A Financing from Occident Group, High-Tech-Gruenderfonds and Bayern Kapital"....
-  Thermosome GmbH. (4/6/16). "Press Release: Thermosome Raises €4.6m with First financing Round and a Research Grant from the German Government". Martinsried....
-  bm-t Beteiligungsmanagement Thüringen GmbH. (3/23/16). "Press Release: High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF) and bm|t Renew Their Cooperation Agreement"....
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (3/2/16). "Press Release: Efficient Machine-tool Technology for Micromachining that Incorporates Ultrashort Pulse Lasers – Pulsar Photonics Successfully Completes Seed Financing with High-Tech Gründerfonds"....
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Start-up Cycle GmbH Synchronizes High-profile Research Facilities with Ultrashort Light Pulses"....
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (1/25/16). "Press Release: SeNostic GmbH Raises Seed Round for the Clinical Development of a Novel Technology for the Differential Diagnosis of Neurodegenerative Diseases"....
-  High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH. (1/20/16). "Press Release: First Four Companies Selected to Participate in the German Accelerator Life Sciences Program in Cambridge"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)