Document › Details
Greenovation Biotech GmbH. (3/31/15). "Press Release: Greenovation and University of Freiburg Cooperate to Fight an Extremely Rare Disease". Freiburg.
Greenovation Biotech GmbH and the University of Freiburg signed a cooperation contract to preclinically evaluate plant-made recombinant human Factor H (rFH) for treatment of atypical Haemolytic Uremic Syndrome (aHUS).
Greenovation will establish a production process for high quality rFH-product with tailored N-glycosylation utilizing the companies cGMP-compliant BryoTechnology. In parallel, Prof. Reski’s roup at Freiburg University will introduce genetic modifications into the rFH production strains to further humanize the products so called N-glycosylation. A third group around Dr. med. Karsten Häffner at Freiburg University hospital has established preclinical in vitro and in vivo-models for aHUS and will evaluate biological efficacy of rFH.
"We are looking forward to another successful cooperation with the University of Freiburg” says Dr. Thomas Frischmuth, CEO of Greenovation. "This partnership will enable the development of a novel and very innovative therapy in an inimitable team. We are sure that the high level of expertise as well as the close neighborhood of the groups will have a substantial positive impact on the project's results."
Prof. Ralf Reski, a founder of Greenovation, is enthusiastic about the cooperation. "This kind of private-public partnership is the innovative core of bioeconomy and will help substantially in developing next generation therapies."
About Factor H
Factor H is a complement control protein. A genetic deficiency of factor H may cause chronic uncontrolled complement activation. This results in complement-mediated thrombotic microangiopathy which leads to the formation of blood clots in small blood vessels, the atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS). aHUS is an extremely rare, chronic disease that mostly affects children but can arise at any age. Patients face a lifelong risk of sudden and life-threatening damage to their organs, mostly to kidneys and liver.
About Greenovation Biotech GmbH
Greenovation develops next generation biopharmaceuticals in particular in rare disease indications. Human alpha-Galactosidase is the company’s lead product being developed as enzyme-replacement therapy (ERT) for Fabry Disease. Results of the recently completed pre-clinical program clearly indicate superiority features with respect to pharmacokinetics (delayed clearance), pharmacodynamics and biodistribution. A multi-center clinical Phase I/II study with this candidate will be undertaken in Europe.
Greenovation’s development pipeline further includes glucocerebrosidase (glucerase, for ERT of Gaucher’s disease), complement factor H (to treat atypical HUS), antibody (IgG) programs for enhanced ADCC as well as growth factors (FGF7/KGF, EGF, HGF) for various applications.
Contact and further information
Greenovation Biotech GmbH
Tel. +49 (0)761 470 99 0
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Greenovation Biotech GmbH
-  Greenovation Biotech GmbH. (5/4/15). "Press Release: Greenovation Filed Phase I Clinical Trial Application for Its moss-aGal Compound Intended for Treatment of Patients Suffering from Fabry Disease". Freiburg....
-  Greenovation Biotech GmbH. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Greenovation Successfully Completes Preclinical Toxicology Studies of alpha–Galactosidase". Freiburg....
-  Greenovation Biotech GmbH. (9/29/14). "Press Release: First GMP-Compliant Batch of a Biologic Drug Substance from a Moss Expression System Produced for Clinical Use". Freiburg....
-  Greenovation Biotech GmbH. (5/6/14). "Press Release: Greenovation Biotech GmbH Strengthens Corporate Management Enhancing Its Business Focus on Biopharmaceuticals". Freiburg....
-  University of Freiburg. (8/21/13). "Press Release: Research with the Moss Bioreactor. University of Freiburg and Greenovation Biotech to Cooperate on Improved Product Yields". Freiburg....
-  BIOPRO Baden-Württemberg GmbH. (8/5/13). "News: Greenovation Biotech GmbH – Production of Therapeutic Proteins in Moss"....
-  Biomeva GmbH. (5/6/13). "Press Release: Greenovation Biotech GmbH and Biomeva GmbH Sign Development, Manufacturing and Supply Agreement for GMP Production of a Protein with a Novel Expression Platform". Freiburg & Heidelberg....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)