Document › Details
CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (12/16/15). "Press Release: Généthon and CRISPR Therapeutics Announce Research Collaboration". Évry & Basel.
Généthon, a leader in the field of gene therapy treatments for rare diseases, and CRISPR Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for patients with serious diseases, have today announced an ongoing research collaboration. Généthon is supporting the development of one CRISPR Therapeutics’ undisclosed propriety programs. Généthon’s expertise is in the pre-clinical development, clinical development and production of gene therapy products.
“We are pleased to work with one of the leading companies in the exciting field of CRISPRCas9 gene editing. Our pioneering expertise in designing, developing, and moving innovative gene-based medicines to the clinic makes this collaboration an excellent strategic fit for both organizations. Généthon will help to accelerate gene therapy research and innovative translational applications for rare diseases to the benefit of patients,” said Fulvio Mavilio, Ph.D., Scientific Director of Généthon.
“As we continue to enter into new partnerships, we remain focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious human diseases,” said Bill Lundberg, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer of CRISPR Therapeutics. “We are pleased to establish this partnership with Généthon to accelerate the delivery of these promising therapies to patients with serious diseases.”
Généthon, created by the AFM-Telethon, is dedicated to making innovative gene therapy treatments available to patients affected with rare genetic diseases. Having played a pioneering role in deciphering the human genome, Généthon is today, with more than 200 scientists, physicians, engineers and regulatory affairs specialists, one of the leading organizations for the development of gene therapy treatments. Généthon has also built one of the largest sites worldwide for GMP production of gene therapy products, Généthon Bioprod. In 2012, Généthon was awarded the prestigious Prix Galien for Pharmaceutical Research (France). In 2015, Genethon was one of 16 winners of the World Innovation Competition 2030 for its project on the development of an industrial process for production of gene therapy vectors. The pipeline of Généthon includes products currently in international clinical trials and at preclinical stages, for immune deficiencies, muscular dystrophies, ocular and liver diseases. These products are developed either with Généthon as sponsor, or in partnership with private companies and academic institutions. www.genethon.com
About CRISPR Therapeutics
The mission of CRISPR Therapeutics is to develop transformative gene-based medicines for patients with serious diseases. Our therapeutic approach is to cure diseases at the molecular level using the breakthrough gene editing technology called CRISPR-Cas9. With our multi-disciplinary team of worldrenowned academics, drug developers and clinicians, we are uniquely positioned to translate CRISPRCas9 technology into human therapeutics. We have licensed the foundational CRISPR-Cas9 patent estate for human therapeutic use from our scientific founder, Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, our R&D operations are in Cambridge, Massachusetts and we have corporate offices in London, United Kingdom. www.crisprtx.com
FOR GENETHON MEDIA:
CRISPR MEDIA CONTACTS:
MacDougall Biomedical Communications
Kari Watson in the U.S. – email@example.com +1 (781) 235-3060
Anca Alexandru in Europe – firstname.lastname@example.org +49 (89) 2424-3494
Record changed: 2016-03-22
More documents for CRISPR Therapeutics (Group)
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (3/14/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics and Casebia Therapeutics Announce Commercial License Agreement With MaxCyte". Basel, Cambridge, MA & Gaithersburg, MD....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (3/2/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics to Present at the Annual Barclays Global Healthcare Conference". Basel & Cambridge, MA....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (2/15/17). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences and ERS Genomics Provide Update on CRISPR/Cas9 U.S. Patent Interference Proceedings and Grants of Corresponding Patents in the U.K.". Basel...
-  Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Joint Statement of Intellia Therapeutics & CRISPR Therapeutics – Position Regarding Human Germline Gene Editing"....
-  ERS Genomics Ltd.. (12/16/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences and ERS Genomics Announce Global Agreement on the Foundational Intellectual Property for CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Technology". Basel, et al.....
-  Casebia Therapeutics. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Casebia Therapeutics Announces Appointment of James W. Burns, Ph.D. as President and Chief Executive Officer". Cambridge, MA....
-  Carroll, John [Endpoints]. (9/9/16). "News: Gene Editing Star CRISPR Therapeutics Files for $90M IPO [incl. S-1 Filing]"....
-  Bayer AG. (8/19/16). "Press Release: Bayer and CRISPR Therapeutics Joint Venture, Named Casebia Therapeutics, Establishes Operations in Cambridge, MA". Leverkusen & Basel....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (6/24/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics Raises Additional $38M as Part of Series B Financing". Basel & Cambridge, MA....
-  CRISPR Therapeutics AG. (6/8/16). "Press Release: CRISPR Therapeutics and Anagenesis Biotechnologies Announce Strategic In-Licensing and Collaboration Agreement to Develop CRISPR/Cas9-based Cell Therapies for Muscle Diseases". Basel & Illkirch Graffensta...
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)