Document › Details
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (1/13/11). "Press Release: neXtProt. Product Release Announcement". Geneva & Lausanne.
|Organisation||Geneva Bioinformatics S.A. (GeneBio)|
|Organisation 2||Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB)|
|Product||neXtProt human protein knowledge platform|
|Product 2||Bgee gene expression database|
|Person||Noyes, Catherine (GeneBio 201008 Marketing Manager)|
The first public version of neXtProt, an innovative knowledge platform dedicated to human proteins, is now available. This new resource contains a wealth of high-quality data on all the human proteins that are produced by the 20,000 protein-coding genes found in the human genome. The content of neXtProt will be continuously extended so as to provide many more carefully selected data sets and analysis tools.
Developed jointly by SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics' group CALIPHO (Computer and Laboratory Investigation of Proteins of Human Origin) and by GeneBio, neXtProt is designed to meet the needs of both academic and industry researchers and to become an essential resource for biomedical researchers interested in the role of proteins in health and diseases.
neXtProt capitalizes on the rigorous annotation work carried out by the Swiss-Prot group and contains all the annotations concerning the human proteins curated by Swiss-Prot. The current version also includes antibody expression data from the Human Protein Atlas developed by the group of Mathias Uhlen at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm and mRNA expression data analyzed and obtained from Bgee, a database for gene expression evolution developed by the Evolutionary Bioinformatics Group at the University of Lausanne and SIB. Synergies with other resources developed by SIB are also planned in a near future.
The SIB and GeneBio want neXtProt to be a web-based participative platform much beyond a well-organized comprehensive data repository. Therefore, in addition to enhanced search capabilities, the current version of neXtProt allows users to navigate through its rich content from different perspectives (proteins, genes and references), with a first generation of visualization tools and user-customization tools for bookmarking and labeling selected entries.
This beta release will provide the public with a first glimpse of the scope of data and functionalities that will be offered by neXtProt. SIB and GeneBio aim to develop neXtProt to help life science researchers to make sense of human proteins' functions and roles.
Visit neXtProt here: beta.nextprot.org
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for GeneBio (Group)
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/11). "Press Release: SIB and GeneBio Launch neXtProt – Human Proteins Knowledge Platform"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (6/9/11). Web Site: Our Partners. [http://www.genebio.com, 06/09/11]...
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/30/11). "Press Release: Wiley Announces a Global Nonexclusive Distribution Agreement with GeneBio SA"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (2/8/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex and GeneBio Team Up to Improve Interactive Library Searching for Mass Spectrometry". Foster City, CA & Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (9/29/10). "Press Release: BBGes Developing Accurate Mass LC-MSMS Spectra Library of Drugs with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/24/10). "Press Release: Prof. Hans H. Maurer Annotating New LC-MS Library of Drugs, Poisons and Their Metabolites with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/11/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/10). "Press Release: HUG Choose SmileMS for Emergency Clinical Toxicology Screening". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/21/10). "Press Release: GeneBio, CURML-UTCF Collaborate to Enhance SmileMS for Forensic Technology". Geneva & Lausanne....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (10/28/08). "Press Release: GeneBio and Proxeon Sign Agreement for Phenyx and ProteinCenter". Geneva & Odense....
To subscribe to our free, monthly newsletter for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »LSG newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]
Please visit also our web portals for the European life sciences and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Europe.com (European life sciences) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)
Please visit also our web portals for the life sciences in German-speaking Europe (DE, AT & CH) and the worldwide mass spectrometry industry at Life-Sciences-Germany.com (life sciences in German-speaking Europe) and Mass-Spec-Capital.com (worldwide mass spectrometry)